shape
carat
color
clarity

The weight/motivation thing...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

beadchick

Shiny_Rock
Alright, girls, need a little help here. Getting married in, wait, let me look at website
36.gif
79 days!!! I have found the dress of my dreams, and we are going on a bikini-requiring honeymoon right after that. Anyway, I need to lose probably 15 pounds to get into the dress the way I want it to be and no, they can''t let it out. This is doable with the timeframe, but I just can''t get motivated to lose the weight. Should be easy, FI is on business trip, I can really eat right. I am working out, and its not like I''m binge-ing or eating emotionally, I''m just not restricting the calories that I need to in order to get the weight off.

Why am I not motivated? Is it the winter thing? Is it the FI, who is obsessed with the rack and tells me that I''m beautiful no matter what? How are you all getting motivated to get in shape? Like I said, the working out is totally happening, the rest of it...yeah, not so much. Dress fitting is last week of April. How are you all making yourselves get motivated to do what you''ve gotta do?

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/4/2010 8:04:50 PM
Author:beadchick
Alright, girls, need a little help here. Getting married in, wait, let me look at website
36.gif
79 days!!! I have found the dress of my dreams, and we are going on a bikini-requiring honeymoon right after that. Anyway, I need to lose probably 15 pounds to get into the dress the way I want it to be and no, they can't let it out. This is doable with the timeframe, but I just can't get motivated to lose the weight. Should be easy, FI is on business trip, I can really eat right. I am working out, and its not like I'm binge-ing or eating emotionally, I'm just not restricting the calories that I need to in order to get the weight off.

Why am I not motivated? Is it the winter thing? Is it the FI, who is obsessed with the rack and tells me that I'm beautiful no matter what? How are you all getting motivated to get in shape? Like I said, the working out is totally happening, the rest of it...yeah, not so much. Dress fitting is last week of April. How are you all making yourselves get motivated to do what you've gotta do?
Yep, that is exactly what it is. These darn supportive, loving FI's make our motivation levels drop so much ..
3.gif

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
I''m kinda in the same boat, but I have until October. I was actually thinking of doing a Blue Print Cleanse. I''m not a diet person and it''s not a diet, but perhaps a good way to jump start weight loss...?

Wish I had better advice to motivate you -- I need some myself!

LabRatPhD

Shiny_Rock
I have been having a hard time going to the gym lately. I am normally a pretty active person. These days I work really long hours and have been so stressed out that it has been hard to go because I am exhausted by the time I come home.

Date: 3/4/2010 8:58:21 PM
Author: megumic
I''m kinda in the same boat, but I have until October. I was actually thinking of doing a Blue Print Cleanse. I''m not a diet person and it''s not a diet, but perhaps a good way to jump start weight loss...?

Wish I had better advice to motivate you -- I need some myself!

I think I am going to do the Blueprint Cleanse either next week or the week after. We have been eating out a lot the last few weeks and I really need to detox and jump start my metabolism!

beadchick

Shiny_Rock
ok, I''ll bite. What is the blueprint cleanse?

nkarma

Brilliant_Rock
I know how you feel. Weight loss is really hard and a lot of dedication and work. Sucks that you have to lose the weight to fit in the dress. I am not sure I would have put myself in that position.

It could be the winter thing...my workouts though not eating has been affected by the winter. And yes it could be that you (and FI) love you the way you are and there is nothing wrong with that. My best advice is to join Weight Watchers or a weight loss group to keep you motivated. I have never seen the gimmicks work and just believe in cutting and burning calories. Weight watchers is the best for cutting calories and keeping on track imo. Another motivation could be to imagine you not fitting in the dress. 79 days is 11 weeks and to lose weight the right way, you usually lose 1-2 lbs/week.

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
i lose motivation VERY quickly too. and i have about 70 days left.

Get into an instructor lead class, and possibly two of them. This is how i see it -- you can''t tickle yourself because you see it coming. same with working out. You know whats coming, you know how its going to feel...and that is boring.
An instructor spices things up - you don''t know whats coming, so you don''t have time to let your mind wander.
As long as you can get the motivation to make it to class, the rest will be easy!!

Nov2109

Shiny_Rock
My motivation is the 160+ people that will be staring at me all day and the pictures that will haunt me for the rest of my life!
1.gif

LabRatPhD

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/5/2010 12:01:29 PM
Author: Nov2109
My motivation is the 160+ people that will be staring at me all day and the pictures that will haunt me for the rest of my life!
1.gif

I literally laughed out loud at my desk when I read this! Very true!

Cupcake*Muffin

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/5/2010 12:14:16 PM
Author: LabRatPhD
Date: 3/5/2010 12:01:29 PM

Author: Nov2109

1.gif

I literally laughed out loud at my desk when I read this! Very true!

Me too!

I am kind of in the same boat as you, I ordered my dress to my current measurements but the dress came about 1.5"-2" too small. It can be let out but I am not sure it will be able to be let out that much and we are spending the whole week up to the wedding and the honeymoon on a beach so I rather try to lose as much as I can. So this is the motivation for me. I don''t want to look back on pictures and cringe.

For me the biggest help for watching what I eat has come from downloading the calorie counter app onto my phone so I am log what I eat and use my phone to scan the bar codes into my food log so I don''t have to do all the work all the time. It''s amazing how much I analyze something before I eat it now.

I also realized that I cannot eat like my FI nor can I drink like him. So that has helped. Instead of eating pound for pound, I eat small meals throughout the day. I really think liquor has been really contributing to my weight gain. Have you tried cutting out sodas and booze?

If we were men we could just stop drinking soda for a week and lose 10lbs.
38.gif

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m not really in the position to give advice because I lost zero pounds for our wedding, and indulged in really amazing Greek food for two weeks right before the big day, too.

However, whenever I want to lose some weight in general (and I''m not starting a strict fitness and diet program) I start with little tiny baby steps. Maybe try cutting out one bad food that you typically eat, or refraining from drinking soda. Then, add in one day at the gym per week, then a second, etc.

If you aren''t ready for a total overhaul, I typically find that small steps are the best way to start and stay motivated.

Good luck!

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock
.......sorry, I've just parachuted in to this section of the boards, but I saw your post and felt the need to reply.

Kenny posted this the other day. Maybe something to consider https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/could-you-eat-only-real-food-for-a-month-sounds-easy.137625/

As for motivation, I know that when I've a deadline, I get so stressed its almost like stagefright and I kinda sabotage my own goals. That might not make sense but I start to panic slightly when I know I have to lose weight and of course my motivation becomes skewed. That is until now, for the first time ever, I'm completely focused on losing weight so that I'm fitter for conceiving.

What's changed this time is that I've focused on the risks of not achieving my goals, I've been looking at the ramifications if I don't lose the weight, what's the risk to my health, how will I feel if I don't lose weight, will I be happy the way I am, will I look back in 5 years and be happy or regretful and more importantly what's stopping me and is that extra scopp of ice cream more important than my health and a baby?

It sounds quite extreme but you have to ask yourself these type of questions...........how are you going to feel the morning of your wedding day when you slip your dress on and it feels too tight, you look bulky and can't move freely? Are you going to feel relaxed and excited about marrying your wonderful fiance or are you going to feel frustrated, angry and regretful that you didn't lose those extra lbs? If you try and fail then at least you can say you tried.

I hope you find your mojo because you will feel so much happier in yourself if you can achieve your goals.

good luck!!

Po
x

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/4/2010 10:34:57 PM
Author: beadchick
ok, I''ll bite. What is the blueprint cleanse?

It''s a juice cleanse meant to detox and help give the digestive system a break from working hard and constantly digesting solid food. It''s quite expensive, but ships nationwide. More info here: http://blueprintcleanse.com/

Another: http://www.americanyogini.com/raw_juice_cleanses.php

I haven''t tried a juice cleanse ever, but I''m considering it. It has great reviews and perhaps might be the motivation I need to start focusing, just not sure it''s in the financial cards at the moment!

Treasure43

Brilliant_Rock
What I''m doing is I''ve done Jillian Michael''s 30 day shred and am now doing her Burn Fat Boost Metabolism. The 30 day shred was about 20 min a day and I just had to push myself for a fw days and then my body motivated me because itwanted to work out. Working out has also encouraged me to eat healthier and I''ve lost about 8 pounds. However, I''ve also gained some muscle and my body is more toned. My jeans are also getting pretty big on me. I would highly reccomend her DVDs. She''s pretty hardcore but she''s encouraging and I''ve found myself in a love/hate relationship with her.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results