shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on a Daussi?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tiffanylover83

Rough_Rock
My boyfriend and I have been looking at engagement rings for several months; he knew my general preferences but wanted to choose the ring himself which I agreed to. I found myself particularly drawn to large cushion cut diamonds. He told me this weekend that he had purchased a ring online, he didn''t show me pictures but with some pleading he told me it was a Henri Daussi 2.30 platinum solitaire cushion with a thin shank and accent diamonds. A quick google search brought up some posts on this forum, but nothing about my particular setting or cts (I presume the solitaire diamond is a little over 2). I was able to find a few pictures of the ring, the attached photo is .98 cts I believe. I haven''t tried on the ring obviously and am anxious to hear from others who own this ring or have at least tried it on or seen it on others. From some reading it appears that Daussi diamonds, which btw I never heard of till now lol, are cut shallow with a wide table so face-on they look deceivingly much larger than their respective carat weight. Even the attached photo has pretty good finger coverage so I''m wondering if my stone will look huge especially when compared to the thin band. If anyone has familiarity with Daussi please post as I''m anxious and excited to see this baby in person. Photos would be appreciated as well. Thanks in advance.

ring20107859.jpg

Collee

Shiny_Rock
I replied on your RT thread and will post the same here....

I would suggest you take a deep breath and a back seat. I think the information he provided you with was a very generous offering and should be more than enough to hold you over til the proposal.

Mikey15

Rough_Rock
I have a Henri Daussi ring that I absolutely love. Mine is 2.10 carats and my ring size is a 4. I''m sure your ring will be beautiful!

Ring picture (4).jpg

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
I own a Daussi as well and I love it!! Mine is a Daussi setting, but not a Daussi diamond. I didn''t specify with the FI which kind of cushion I wanted and he did great surprising me with my ring. Mine is 1.00 carat on a 4.75 finger. I couldn''t be any happier!

I bet you''re gonna LOVE your ring, so relax and enjoy the ride!

DSC03007.JPG

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
I own a Light Pink Daussi cushion halo ring and I love it, I am sure you will be very happy with your choice :)

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi Tiffanylover83,
I''m another lover of Daussi cushions.
They have a unique blend of glitter and sparkle.
Typically they are cut more shallow than "modern" cushions. In such cases they have extremely large spread for their weight. Many people love that aspect.
I should point out that not every Daussi cushion is "spready"- but many are. The one in the photo had a 42.9% depth, and a 58% table. It was a 1.52ct that compared to many 2.00+ carat cushions in terms of size.
You can see the unique facet layout- and also the areas of contrast which many people find pleasing ( and others seem to hate, but you can''t please everyone!)

If it''s set in a Henri Daussi ring, it''s likely to have that "delicate" appearance. Sometimes they dainty band makes the center look even larger.

I think you''re in for a real treat!!!

r3043k.jpg

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I read your post but not sure what information you are looking for. As such, I will respond based on your post title. Cushions can be very complex to purchase as there is such a range and vairety of looks. Personally, I have never been a fan of the Daussi but as you can see many others area. I would just sit tight and wait for the ring to come - I am sure you will love it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results