shape
carat
color
clarity

PS Mommy thread with toddlers 12-36 months

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
Tacori--i find co is better with dad and grandma too--annoys me.
I am addressing invites this week as well! Ugh. My sis and i are hosting a wedding shower and i was given the June 3rd deadline so that is my (boring) project tonight. It''s nice of you to offer to design your sis''s invites. That would have been so cool but heck, if she''s not gonna give you some direction, forget it.

Qtie--bummer about the pregnancy symptoms. I guess each one really is different. Can u take a nap in the aft.? A friend of my BF for about 6 months of her pregnancy with no problems. It''s harder on the mom, but not dangerous or anything.

Burk--i giggled about the "thank you/excuse me" remark. How cute is that--she knows something is supposed to be said. That''s very ''bright'' of her.

Puffy--how r u doing and how is B healing up these days?

Tgal--interested to see what other tips the moms of older kids add to the potty-thread.
Have u finished copying all your amelia posts? That is quite the project. THe only thing i saved so far is my birth story b/c the details get foggier by the month.

Lili--how is J doing these days with STTN/nursing? Have u dropped any feedings. I am down to 2 a day now. It''s nice to not worry about the bedtime feeding.

Crazy weekend and was actually glad to see monday. A charity event that i help run was held yesterday and we got several inches of SNOW--made everything more complicated and not very much fun. We also started building our new house so i have been overwhelmed with all that entails. It''s busy but exciting.
Co started eating with a fork this weekend as well. From Friday night to tonight he''s come leaps and bounds. I find he eats way better using it b/c he needs so much concentration and coordination that he eats whatever he manages to get stabbed on there and is less likely to toss everything on the floor (which was becoming a problem)! He drew tons of remarks from waitresses and diners when we went out to eat this weekend. I guess with his bald head he looks so young still and no one could believe he was using utensils
9.gif
. I got a vid of one of his first tries and it''s super cute. It was a proud momma moment
16.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
HI gals,
just wanted to say a quick hello. I''ve been so busy packing and decided last minute to head to cincy for the weekend so we''ve just been packing and packing and more packing. we are just about done and will be heading for home tomorrow. I will try to catch up with everyone soon and hope everyone is enjoying the summer thus far.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
MrsS, have a safe trip!

Jas, Co always had advanced motor skills...amazing! Yes, I started doing the copying. I am on May 25th of last year and already have 34 pages of text in MS Word. Holy moly. It''s taking FOREVER but there is such wonderful info there to remember and hopefully someday when Amelia has kids, she''ll find it even more interesting to see how she was raised. You guys all wrote lots of stuff too...so I think it would be great to do the same project. It''s a lot of work though!

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
tacori did the invites show up? hair cuts have become such a PITA!! but luckily the lady is pretty good with him so he doesn''t kick and scream as much. haha. not to mention all the punches she''s taken, that poor woman. but she does love him. haha, that''s so funny that T laughs when she farts cause B does the same thing and then he will tell me he farted.

burk how is T doing? i guess that is true, he does say please all the time and thank you, so i am very happy that he''s got the basic manners down. are you ready to start with the potty training with T when you are home with her? does she still ask for her potty?

bobo don''t worry, little B is still so young, he might just be testing your limits right now. so you just have to let him know that you are the boss and act like it. and he will start to say thank you and excuse me soon enough.

tgal happy 14 month to amelia!! how is she doing?

lili haha, at least the girl wants to eat now!! i''m doing pretty well. still super tired all the time, but i guess that''s to be expected, and i take quick power naps during the day. thanks for asking. now when are you guys TTC#2?

jas12 that''s great that Co is using a fork!! when B started to use a fork, life got so much easier!! eating was no longer a mess and food didn''t end up everywhere. B is almost 100% all healed up, thanks for asking. things are going pretty well with me as well, thanks for asking. how is the PT with Co going?

mrsS have a safe trip home!! and hope the packing is all done and ready to go.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Tgal~I need to copy and paste, too! That may have to be on my "summer projects" list!

lili~I think she likes it in the infant room..and they told me they miss her when she''s not there!
21.gif
We still have work to do with the manners, but we''re getting there.

Jas12~Yep, she totally knew there was something she was supposed to say. That''s awesome that Co is using utensils!! T can, but plays more than she eats with them so I haven''t let her have them in a while. Maybe time to reintroduce?

Not done...will be back in a minute....

Burk

Ideal_Rock
mrss~Yay! So excited for you! Have a great trip back home!

puffy~T is doing great. She hasn''t been sick in a while so we''re hoping her allergy doc will take her off the nebulizer treatments when I take her for a check-up next week. Cross your fingers for us! That''s great that B has his basic manners down. I''m still working on T''s. We are going to start potty training again. She does ask to go potty and even told me she needed to poop on her potty over the weekend. So, I think she''s very ready. If not, it''s no big deal...she''s only 16 months.
21.gif

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Just an update from me.

I am busy planning M''s bday party. We are going to do the backyard BBQ afterall. MIL will be handling the food. I plan to make cuppies, cookies, brownies and cream puffs. We''ll order a small cake for M to take picture with. I am thinking a ladybug theme, so I''ve been looking at ladybug cakes. I started designing the invite; I need to take a pic of M in her bday onesie for it.

I''ve been pretty uncomfortable with bloating and back ache. I look 20 weeks pregnant already by the end of the day. So sad.
Sorry I can''t response to everyone.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
QT~Sorry you're not feeling well! So fun planning M's birthday! T had a ladybug theme for her b-day and it was super cute. She had ladybug cupcakes and a cake (neither did I make). I have a pic of them at home...don't think I ever posted that I'll post for you to see!

lili

Ideal_Rock
Jas12--
Wow, that''s great that Co is using utensils already.
Like Tayva, J is much more interested in playing w/ her spoon and fork so food ends up everywhere.
Plus, I don''t think she''s got the control down yet....still need her other hand to guide the spoon into her mouth.
I''d be more inclined to let her feed herself if her food are less messy, but she wants to feed herself avocado and yogurt
14.gif

Anyway, she''s been STTN (although there are still a waking sometimes around 3-4am but w/o feeding) for the last few weeks.
I still don''t think it''s STTN since she''ll be down around 9:30pm and wakes up at 6:30am (hoping she''d sleep 10 hrs at least).
I kinda weaned her cold-turkey almost.
This past weekend, I eliminated the day feedings (so she only get morning when she woke and night before she sleep feedings)
I figure that shouldn''t be too traumatic since she''s already used to not nursing w/ me in the day while at daycare.
She did put up a struggle though w/ pulling on my shirt and crying. And of course, she refuse to drink from the cup or eat anything except junk food the whole day.
She did eat a hearty dinner though.
Starting today, I''m cutting out the AM feeding thinking it might help her eat breakfast -- no luck.
Maybe she''ll get the picture tomorrow when I don''t feed her again.
So we''ll see.

lili

Ideal_Rock
QT--
Wow, planning M''s bday already? Sounds like you''ve got alot on your plate.
It''s a good thing you are starting the planning early :)
Sorry to hear that you are uncomfortable w/ bloat and backache.
Hope it is just the first trimester symptoms and won''t last long.
It is tough being pregnant w/ an almost toddler and working.
Oh, my cousin who had their kid the same time I had J is 3 months pregnant -- so they are also on the 2 under 2 band wagon :D

lili

Ideal_Rock
Burk--
Since T is a pleaser, it shouldn''t be too hard to instill good-manners in her
5.gif

sasa

Brilliant_Rock
Thank TGal, right now it''s a combo of "gentle gentle"
with time out when I feel he knows he shouldn''t hit but he still
does because he feel he can. It just seems like he got really bad temper...

Burk, at least she said "thank you"
Hope her check up next week will go well.

lili, I think he love DH more. Last night little B was
watching t.v. and he turn around and saw DH and I hugging and he came running.
Push me out of the way and give me "a warning look" and turn to DH and gently
kiss DH on his nose and went back to watching t.v.
20.gif

Jas12, Co is so smart, using utensils to eat already.

MrsS, have a nice trip!

Puffy, I''m beginning to feel if little B is behind.
Other babies on here are talking, saying "thank you" and "excuse me"
and eating with fork and spoon. I guess little B is only advance in
the "smacking dept." I know every kid is different but can''t help
but worry when I hear what other babies is doing.
I always wonder when little B had Kawasaki with 6 days of high fever (105)
if it did any damage to his brain. That was one of the thing the Pedi.
was worrying about.

QT, ladybug theme for M''s party sounds so cute!
Can''t wait for the pictures. Sorry to hear about the bloating and back ache.
Did you experience that with M? I was like that with little B.

lili

Ideal_Rock
Puffy--
So much for her wanting to eat.
As I was telling Jas12, I think she''s on a hunger strike because I''m trying to wean her
38.gif

Just didn''t want to eat anything this past weekend except for a big dinner.
Originally, I was going to wean slowly and keep the 2 feedings (AM and PM) for another month, but
I think that''s just dragging it. I think J''s just nursing for comfort anyway.
As for TTC.....don''t know
5.gif
Hopefully sometime soon as I''m not getting any younger
41.gif

lili

Ideal_Rock
Bobo--
Ahh, don't feel like that.
B is definitely not behind, he's developing just great -- he is talking and dancing and probably just being a defiant toddler.
Hehe, too funny that he's jealous of your closeness to hubby.
I think J's going to be a daddy's girl as well.
Right now, she's just close to me because I'm her food source.
Once I take that away, it's probably "see ya mommy"
41.gif

Maybe that's why I've been putting off weaning huh?
9.gif

QT--
Forgot to say that a "ladybug" theme is so cute.
Does this mean that you'll get her the Wheely Bug then ?:)

MrsS--
Good luck w/ the move!

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
burk that would be wonderful if T could be taken off her treatments. but it still sounds great that she has been doing great and not been sick for awhile. YAY for T asking for her potty. she is definitely ready to be trained, so i wish you tons of luck in that, but sounds like you won''t need too much. being diaper free is SO nice, but one thing that totally sucks is going out and looking for "cleaner" bathrooms to use. but i guess i still prefer diaper free.

qt i can''t believe M will be one soon!!! sounds like the party will be a blast! sorry to hear that you are not feeling well. i can totally relate to the bloat, i don''t even think my belly was this big when i was 20 weeks preggo with B. haha.

bobo seriously, don''t be concerned at all!!! all kids develop so differently. i am sure that little B is doing just fine with his development. he will only be 16 months soon, so give him some time. just for kicks, B has one friend who is 18 months, same age as B pretty much, and the kid knows his alphabets...like the entire thing! i admit that B is a pretty smart kid, but believe me, he learned most of the stuff from baby einstein, or similar shows. and this kid makes B look like a dumbo!! but the good thing is that B totally learns a ton from this kid.

lili wow, weaning cold turkey...poor J!! haha, just kidding. so is she taking more milk now since the weaning or milk strike as well? man, your girl does not need to sleep very much does she? B would be a crabby kid all day if he didn''t sleep at least 11 hours. but we all know that J, sleep, what sleep? haha. always on the go with trouble on her mind. just kidding. hope the weaning is a success and she eats as well.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Puffy, glad to hear B is pretty much as good as new! Thanks for asking about Amelia. She's as good as things can be - same ole, same ole, yet something is new everyday.

Bobo, I agree with lili. I know it's hard when we read a thread like this and different kids are doing different things that our own are not doing, but it's normal and kids really do progress at their own speed (sometimes with the help of therapy, lol.) Heed your gut and be diligent, but also give you and your baby a break. Amelia is so behind in so many areas, but then things seem to click overnight and then we're onto the next thing. My nanny came back from the park with her today and said Amelia made another 14 month friend who is running around like crazy. Mine can't stand on her own. But when they're both 5, (hopefully) you'll never know which one ran first.

My friend said the stage that Amelia was in was the hardest stage for her and asked me if it was hard to carry Amelia around all the time (like stairs or when we don't have the stroller.) Honestly, I think it's so easy! She doesn't scream to get out of the stroller. Likes being in high chairs at restaurants, and isn't into everything in our home. Her idea of fun is pulling up on the couch, standing, and plopping down on her butt over and over again. I'm like, hey kid, knock yourself out.

And yet, when she walks, I'm sure I'll think, wow this is even better yet.

Enjoy what they are doing and find the good in what they aren't doing (but as I said, use your gut). Not using a fork? Great, I don't have worry about you poking your eye out yet! Not eating a ton? Groovy, I don't have to worry about a gordito baby quite yet. Not talking? Hallelujah! I'll have to answer freaky baby questions and deal with constant "mama mama mama mama!" soon enough.
2.gif

lili

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/2/2009 2:36:06 PM
Author: TravelingGal
Enjoy what they are doing and find the good in what they aren''t doing (but as I said, use your gut). Not using a fork? Great, I don''t have worry about you poking your eye out yet! Not eating a ton? Groovy, I don''t have to worry about a gordito baby quite yet. Not talking? Hallelujah! I''ll have to answer freaky baby questions and deal with constant ''mama mama mama mama!'' soon enough.
2.gif

LOL....or trying to make out what is it that she''s freaking trying to say.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
lili~She is very typically a pleaser, but she also pushes it to see how far I''ll go!
20.gif
She''ll ask for something without saying please and refuse to say it...and I won''t give her what she wants and it becomes a stand-off!
9.gif
She''s a pleaser in that she doesn''t like to get in "big trouble"
20.gif
Kids. Good luck with the continued weaning. I''m sure J will eventually "give in" and start eating. I think it''s a stage....a crappy stage that''s stressful for parents but a stage most kids go through.

Bobo~I agree with Puffy-all kids do things on their OWN time line. T is by far the most verbal of all her "classmates" at daycare and they are anywhere from 15 months to 19 months (they haven''t moved the 19 month old to the older class because she''s just not ready). My point being, this is how it is now. Next year at this time those other kids may be saying their alphabet when T isn''t or counting to 10 before T does...who knows. It''s not a race. Way harder said than done, but do try not to worry. B will get there. T started talking like crazy seriously in like a day. She went from only basics (mommy, daddy, puppy) to repeating everything, naming colors and doing animal noises on cue over night I swear!!

puffy~That''s crazy about that friend of B''s that knows his alphabet!! T tries to sing along so basically she hums, but isn''t even close to saying the actual letters! There are def. pitfalls to being diaper free (like long car trips) but I think it''ll be good. It''ll be so nice to only have to change one kid in diapers when your new baby gets here. I''m hoping that will be our situation too.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/2/2009 2:41:03 PM
Author: lili
Date: 6/2/2009 2:36:06 PM

Enjoy what they are doing and find the good in what they aren''t doing (but as I said, use your gut). Not using a fork? Great, I don''t have worry about you poking your eye out yet! Not eating a ton? Groovy, I don''t have to worry about a gordito baby quite yet. Not talking? Hallelujah! I''ll have to answer freaky baby questions and deal with constant ''mama mama mama mama!'' soon enough.
2.gif

LOL....or trying to make out what is it that she''s freaking trying to say.

Amen!! I swear 85% of the time I''m like "what?"
33.gif
and she''s trying to tell me something so badly.....

lili

Ideal_Rock
Hey mommies,
I know I asked this a while back...but are you guys giving vitamins to your toddlers?
Since I''m starting to wean and J is not the world''s best eater, I figure maybe she''d benefit from taking vitamins?
If you do, what brands do you recommend.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/2/2009 3:16:47 PM
Hey mommies,
I know I asked this a while back...but are you guys giving vitamins to your toddlers?
Since I''m starting to wean and J is not the world''s best eater, I figure maybe she''d benefit from taking vitamins?
I was going to ask that question at A''s 15th month, so I''m interested in the answer too.

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/2/2009 3:17:31 PM

Hey mommies,
I was going to ask that question at A''s 15th month, so I''m interested in the answer too.
We didn''t give anything until we were just told at Lily''s 2 year appointment that the daily vitamin D recommendation has been increased so we were advised to give a multi-vitamin. Our pedi said to give half of a Flintstone vitamin. She said not to use the gummy ones because they are bad for their teeth so we''re just breaking the regular ones in half and give her a "candy" every night. They''re tasty!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I asked my pedi at her 18 month appointment and he said she did not need a vitamin.

sasa

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you Ladies for trying to ease my worry. It's not about competing with other babies, truth is I have this concern for a while now I just don't really talk about it except bring it up to my DH. Little B's pedi bought this up I think 2 days before little B was hospitalized. I voice my concern with the specialist but I have a feeling that she don't want me to go down that "what if" road. She wouldn't even let me finished the question, she just hugged me and said "no". It's something that I want to ignore but can't help wonder...Thanks for letting me get this off my chest. Sorry for the long post.

lili, his pedi did prescribed him vitamins but we didn't give it to him
because he is still getting formula mixed with his soy milk because the pedi
want him to get that extra calories. Once he is completely off the formula
he will get the vitamin.

LollyBear

Brilliant_Rock
Hello Mommas - sorry it''s taken me so long to get back on the momma boards. Life has been pretty crazy lately. My Mom has breast cancer that went from "thank goodness we caught it early" to an aggressive Stage 3 in a little over a month. Trying to help her deal with the roller coaster of surgeries and treatments has been hard. Throw a clingy toddler on top of that and my day is pretty much shot. My lil one is napping and for once I''m not napping with her so I thought I''d pop in and give a quick update. I apologize for not reading through the rest of the thread first. I''m not sure how long that''ll take and I wanted to get some stuff down in case DD decides to wake up and interrupt.
Let''s see. . .
Sabrina will be 19 months in a couple days. Yikes! Seeing that written down is surprising. When did my baby grow up on me?
She was 31in and 22lb at her doc appt last month. She''s a shorty but she doesn''t let that get in her way. She runs everywhere, so much that I think she forgets walking is an option. She also climbs everything she can. Give her a second alone and she''ll get into or onto something. Baby-proofing methods barely work on her. I have lots of silly stories of her climbing into weird places but I''ll save them until after I''ve caught up with the other posts.
She eats pretty much anything I give her, she''s just doesn''t eat very much of it. I think her lack of appetite might have to do with the fact that she''s still on the boob. For the past month I''ve been trying to get her to take a sippy when she wants to BF; unfortunately, that results in a massive fit. Now she''ll come to me and give me her puppy dog face and say "pweee" (read: please) and I''ll ask her what she''s saying please for and she''ll respond "chi chi." I just don''t have it in me to fight with her and cause all the distress she feel when I deny her the boob. I really want to start TTC and I refuse to do that until she''s weaned. :0( I initially planned to BF for at least 6 months, 12 max. I never, ever thought I''d go this long and there''s no way I''m going longer than 2yrs. I''m thinking it''s time for me to go back to the LC and see if she can offer some suggestions.
No potty training yet. I guess I''ve been so focused on my weaning drama to even consider it. I read thru most of the first page and noticed a lot of posts about it. How were your kiddos when you started? Am I way far behind? I thought I had to wait for signs that she was ready. Gosh, this topic gets me thinking how wierd it would be to have a potty trained kid still BFing. ick
Hmmmm, what else to share. . . .
We do the Gymboree classes and Sabrina absolutely loves them. We started at 14 months and I so wish we''d started earlier. It''s a great way to burn off energy and socialize since she''s not in daycare. She''s a real people person and tries to chat up every person we pass on the street. She''s crazy for babies and will get upset with me if I don''t let her stop and talk to other kiddos. I''d like to join a good mommy group and if anyone knows of a good resource for finding one, I''d appreciate it.
ok, that''s all I can think of for now.
thanks for letting me share. I''m off to read as much as I can before S wakes.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good to see you SB. I am so sorry to hear about your mom. My heart goes out to you and your family.

But glad to hear about your cutie pie! I wish I could help you with a mommy group, but I have yet to start looking for one for Amelia. The thought of a real life mommy group so does not appeal to me, but I know she needs to hang out with other kids more.

She sounds like an adventurous, spirited, darling girl!!!

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone!
Sorry that I have been MIA
I am way to far behind to get caught up
14.gif

Mrss Wishing you best of luck with the move. I hope it goes smoothly!
Burk So glad to hear that T hasn't been sick in a while. Hopefully she is growing out of the asthma. Good luck with the PT!
BTW - I am so jealous that you are a banana! I always wanted to be a banana
39.gif

QT I am sorry to hear that you are uncomfortable. The 2nd shows much quicker since the first already paved the way. I bet you'll feel much better in your 2nd trimester. Hang in there.

Have to pick up A from drama and make dinner.
More later....

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Posted this on the preggo and 0-12 mos thread, but thought it should be here too:

***Bugaboo Bee Strollers Recalled***

Just got this emailed to me:

Bugaboo Recalls Strollers Due to Risk of Brake Failure
WASHINGTON, D.C. - The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, in cooperation with the firm named below, today announced a voluntary recall of the following consumer product. Consumers should stop using recalled products immediately unless otherwise instructed.

Name of Product: Bugaboo Bee Strollers

Units: About 22,500

Distributor: Bugaboo North America Inc., of Hermosa Beach, Calif.

Manufacturer: Bugaboo Design & Sales, B.V., of the Netherlands

Hazard: One or both sides of the brakes can fail, causing a stroller to unexpectedly roll away on an incline. This can pose a risk of injury to the child occupant.

Incidents/Injuries: Bugaboo has received 121 reports of the stroller’s brakes failing. No injuries have been reported.

Description: Bugaboo Bee strollers have item code 580210 on a label on the back of the seat and item code 50100 on a label on the plastic support under the seat. The strollers were sold in blue, dark khaki, pink, red, yellow, and black. “bugaboo® bee” is printed on the left side of the seat.

Sold at: Juvenile product retailers nationwide and on various Web sites from August 2007 through April 2009 for about $530.

Manufactured in: Taiwan

Remedy: Consumers should stop using the strollers immediately and contact Bugaboo to receive a free repair kit. To order the bracket kit, go to www.bugaboo.com and fill in the special order form or contact Bugaboo customer service.

Consumer Contact: For additional information, contact Bugaboo at (800) 460-2922 between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. PT Monday through Friday, visit the firm’s Web site at www.bugaboo.com, or email the firm at [email protected]

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Bobo Don''t feel bad. I am sure that the hitting is just a phase. If time outs don''t work, you can try putting his favorite toy in TO.
Boys are usually slower than girls with talking. Is he playing with blocks and building stuff?
(((HUGS))) hope your day gets better
Lili I think you are right not to drag out weening. I had a really hard time with Ava. She was 22 months and was comfort nursing. I finally had to tell her it was "all gone" and she would stamp her foot and get really mad. When she would nurse, she used to pinch my elbow. Then she would sit next to me with her sippy cup and pinch my elbow. She would say " I need my milk and your wrinkly elbow" haha. She used to straighten my arm and position it just how she wanted it. Cute at first, but got to be a PIA. The funny thing is that sometimes when she gets nervous she''ll start pinching my elbow and not even realize it.
Puffy My kids learned tons from Baby Einstein too! How are you feeling?
Tgal You are right on the money! Enjoy the peace and quiet while you can! It is so cute to hear Mommy at first, and then you hear it a thousand times a day. Followed by the endless (sometimes unanswerable) questions.

Back later
Putting kiddos to bed...

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey mommies,

Since I'm starting to wean and J is not the world's best eater, I figure maybe she'd benefit from taking vitamins?

I give one to Jake due to him being slightly anemic. He get's the liquid kind, poly-vi-sol, I think it's called. usually if your kid is getting a pretty balance diet the ped. would say they don't need one. I give vitamin's to all my kids b/c I figure what can it hurt? I also don't worry so much about making sure they get the recommended daily doses of certain ones.

Will catch up later. i'm wiped out from the long drive but we are finally home!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results