shape
carat
color
clarity

Antique Setting Information

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

koppertone

Rough_Rock
Anybody know anything about this setting? It was in my family and I''m trying to figure it out. 6-prong platinum. With .90 carat G, VS1 diamond.

Any info would be awesome. I''d like to use the ring to get engaged, but I would like to know some info about it first.

Inside is stamped "Tiffany & Co" Hoping its an original

Here are the pics...
i-1.jpg

i-2.jpg

i-3.jpg

Lanee

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, your lucky if it's really Tiffany. It looks beautiful. Who in your family did it come from? Most of us wouldn't pay the premium for Tiffany's name but your getting it as an heirloom, you're girl will probably be tickled if she's big on the name.

koppertone

Rough_Rock
Thanks lanee...

I'ts from my great-grandmother on my mom's side. I don't have any paperwork on it or anything. Just hoping that it is original. I've never seen a setting with the notches in the side. thats what makes me wonder. Even if its not. The diamond is still great. Hope to be giving it to her in a couple of weeks. I'm pretty pumped.

Now all I gotta do is find the infamous blue box...

Lanee

Brilliant_Rock
Koppertone,

In the picture I see setuff that says Tiffany & Co., what is that?

You should try Tiffany's. Maybe they can verify it's authenticity and may give you a box if you explain it's an heirloom that you are looking to propose with. If not you're going to have it appraised for insurance purposes, right? Your aapraiser should be able to verify it's authenticity.

mike04456

Brilliant_Rock
Take it, and anything else you got with it (like that case) to the nearest Tiffany's. They should be able to verify it and tell you what it is.

koppertone

Rough_Rock
----------------
On 8/21/2003 2:58:33 PM LawGem wrote:

Take it, and anything else you got with it (like that case) to the nearest Tiffany's. They should be able to verify it and tell you what it is.
----------------
Thanks for the advice guys. I'm taking it up on Tuesday. (Closest is in Charlotte, NC. I'm in Greenville, SC) about 1.5 hrs away. I'll let you know how it turns out. If I just get a box outta the deal, I'll be pretty happy.
twirl.gif

Thanks.
Jon

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results