shape
carat
color
clarity

this used to be here...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sylvesterii

Shiny_Rock
but seems to have been lost in the fray,

i figured it would be nice to add it to the gallery, plus add a picture of what a ring will look like AFTER a few months of wear and tear, and being in need of a good cleaning.

.61 carat EightStar H VS2 set in a DVatche X-Prong.

Diamond from Winfields, setting from Whiteflash.

first picture was taken by Wink, before being sent.

ering1.jpg

sylvesterii

Shiny_Rock
shoot. i thought that was going to be added to the forum ring folder.

sheesh, i am just a mess today.

anyway here is the "now" picture, in much need of a bath and some good old fashioned buffing.

newering2.jpg

sylvesterii

Shiny_Rock
here is the original.
(warning: lots of poor spelling and rambling.)

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/great-experiance-at-the-maul-and-other-fine-tales.3334/

danaLynne

Rough_Rock
I looked at the original setting and was awestruck
love.gif
. It is so sparkly

What is the metal in the ring? The recent picture you posted makes it look...not like the original. Did you in fact take it to have it cleaned/polished? Many folks on the board say windex is a nice cleaner. My wedding ring is usually dropped into jewelry cleaner every other day to keep it sparkly...I don't know, maybe it's me, but, is the metal in your ring tarnished?
Up_to_something.gif

Have you subsequently introduced your intended to the forum so she has learned what a prize she has?

Thanks for the in depth posts of your search and proposal...Congrats...when's the "date"?
1.gif

danaLynne

Rough_Rock
Sorry,
Up_to_something.gif
this guy is supposed to be this guy
confused.gif

sylvesterii

Shiny_Rock
the latest picture was taken by me, in bad lighting, with a yellow light bulb, hence the strange look. i was just experimenting with it, and that is how it turned out. it is platinum, and still looks like platinum in regular light, i will try and post another pic soon. it was mainly just to show what dirt will do to a diamond, and how much platinum really gets dented and nicked.

she isnt too interested in the internet or in the details behind it, she just loves it, and knows that it is the best diamond ever. (her words)

june 12, 2004

danaLynne

Rough_Rock
How'd you get that lil'girl off your fiancee's finger for the pic?
2.gif

You did a superb job picking out that stone and ring. Good for you and your gal. Congrats on the engagement, and good luck on the wedding plans. These last couple of weeks the forum has been chock full of planned proposals. The posts are really nice to read, thanks for sharing your experience.
1.gif

sylvesterii

Shiny_Rock
actually, i had to swipe it off the nightstand while she was in the shower...it doesnt come off of her finger very often.

i have another photo that shows the color a little better, but the lighting and reflection still make the band look off. it really does look like platinum. i swear.

newering3.jpg

danaLynne

Rough_Rock
Lovely Gem you picked out. I believe you about the setting it is very classy, it is just that first picture is... different
loopy.gif

Your second picture is fabulous
appl.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results