shape
carat
color
clarity

Who are the best cutters in the industry?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Doc_1

Shiny_Rock
Even if the cutting parameters and reports are very important, i would like to know the human factor too, who are the best cutters in the industry and is that info engraved on the their stones?

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sometimes that info is directly available, sometimes not. There are a number of good cutters, it depends on what shape you are looking for. But really, I would focus on the individual diamond at hand, because fabulous diamonds don't all come from one cutter.

A few are Infinity and Whiteflash has their ACA stones commissioned by someone good, not sure if they cut in house or not, but they have strict standards.

But I stress that just because a stone doesn't come from one of these cutters DOES NOT mean it isn't just as nice.

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/27/2008 4:03:52 PM
Author:Doc_1
Even if the cutting parameters and reports are very important, i would like to know the human factor too, who are the best cutters in the industry and is that info engraved on the their stones?
In general I would say that the cutting firms in the United States (New York)are considered the best source for the best cutters...especially for larger stones that come from high quality rough...

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 10/28/2008 12:16:25 AM
Author: jewelerman

Date: 10/27/2008 4:03:52 PM
Author:Doc_1
In general I would say that the cutting firms in the United States (New York)are considered the best source for the best cutters...especially for larger stones that come from high quality rough...
Really? On what do you base this comment?

Other than EightStar I think that all of the other recognized top cutting brands, Infinity(Belgium), WhiteFlash(Belgium), Hearts on Fire(China), Tolkowski(Belgium), Kaplan, etc are mostly cut overseas. I am not sure, but Kaplan may cut some of theirs in the US.

I will be interested to hear your reasoning.

Wink

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results