shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this ring too big?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Cosmo_Gal

Shiny_Rock
..for a size 7 finger? I have relatively small hands and I''m wondering if this ring would be too large. Also, has anyone had any experience with Mark Broumand?

843-1D38955_1_01_0_70_18k.jpg

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
How big is the center stone?

It''s pretty hard to say without a little more information, but I''ll assume the center stone is 2 carats or less. In which case, I think it''s going to just fine on a size 7! If you''re worried it''s too blingy or ostentatious, don''t! I love a halo and that ring looks beautiful!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I should have mentioned before that if you''re worried that ring will look too big on you, you could always get a setting with a more delicate halo and no split shank, or just a more delicate halo and a more delicate split shank.

I prefer a bit of a thinner halo personally because sometimes wider halos can overwhelm the center stone.

RealRadiance

Rough_Rock
I agree! We''d have to have some specs before making a final call, but I wear a 7.25 ring size and my ering is 2.07 total and it doesn''t look too big for everyday wear. Are you afraid of being too flashy on a daily basis? Personally - if it''s in your budget then go for it!

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
I don''t think that the halo would be too big, but if you are worried about the x design of the bands, it may not be comfortable if you have short fingers.

Cosmo_Gal

Shiny_Rock
Sorry ladies, silly me..

The CS is 1.01 ct and the side stones are .7 ct. I love the uniqueness of the setting, but I''m just afraid the halo + CS will be too large for my finger.

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
Is this ring too big?.............hmmmmm........that sentence does not compute!
9.gif

The ring is stunning. I wonder about comfort but it sure is gorgeous!!

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/29/2008 8:43:15 PM
Author: dianne
Is this ring too big?.............hmmmmm........that sentence does not compute!
9.gif

The ring is stunning. I wonder about comfort but it sure is gorgeous!!

TOTALLY doesn''t compute! haha I think it will look perfect on your size hand!

MMT

Ideal_Rock
I think its beautiful.
30.gif

IloveAsschers13

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with everyone with saying... It will NOT be too big!

The splint shank does look really far apart, so if it was thinner and closer together, maybe it would look more petite. But it is beautiful and I how there is not really any prongs.

Cosmo_Gal

Shiny_Rock
Here''s a pic of the side...

843-5.jpg

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is so pretty, and very unique! I love the side shot you posted...wow!
I do not think that it will be too big on your hand.

Cosmo_Gal

Shiny_Rock
I love the Lucida style and really fell in love with the Whiteflash X-prong with a X-factor diamond, so that''s another option, but everytime I see this ring it makes my heart drop.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow! The side view is awesome! Who makes the setting? Mark Broumand? I''m not familiar with him!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
It won''t be too big, it looks great!

MMMD

Shiny_Rock
It will not be too big. Gorgeous ring.

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Looks like a lovely ring! Love the profile.

I too wear a size 7 and wouldn't be worried at all with the ring being to large or blingy(I'm not sure at what caratage this would actually happen for me anyways)!!!

I have purchased from that jeweler and had a great experience.

I'd say if you like the design and the price is right and he has a good return policy, then go for it :)

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It will not look too big IMO.

March-8-2008

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful ring!!! The side profile is just glorious.

My only concern is that it would be pretty darn difficult, if not impossible, to wear a wedding band with it.

21.gif
21.gif
21.gif
21.gif

luvmyhalo

Brilliant_Rock
I wear a size 7, sometimes 7.5 and I don''t think that ring will be too big at all!!! It''s so unique. Will you be able to try it on before you make a decision?

mommy2iz

Brilliant_Rock
that profile is to die for!!!!!!! i could stare at it for hours!! i don''t think it''ll be too big and can''t wait to see hand pics!

Cosmo_Gal

Shiny_Rock
Unfortunately I won''t be able to try the ring on before we buy it. The ring is in California and I''m in Virginia. I agree the setting will be difficult to be able to wear with a wedding ring, but I''m hoping that just a thin channel set band will work. I really have my heart set on this ring, however now I just need to leave all the decisions up to the FF. Thank you for all your advice, it''s been very helpful.

hettydodd27

Rough_Rock
Beautiful ring! I love Mark''s work, he is doing a custom setting for me right now. I''ll post pics as soon as we get it
1.gif

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is a beautiful design and no, I don''t think it would be too big on your finger - I think it would be lovely!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HECK no!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Young lady! Write this on the black board 100 times: DSS!
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif

Cosmo_Gal

Shiny_Rock
I think I''m like a lot of women who just want to find the ring that they could really fall in love with and wear for the rest of their lives. This ring by far is my favorite and could really see it on my finger. I think 1ct is perfect for me and couldn''t really see myself going for larger. I think my FF will appreciate me more for that too! haha.
9.gif

lili

Ideal_Rock
Interesting ring....love the side view.

darling

Shiny_Rock
Where in California is this lovely ring? Who makes it?
Maybe, just maybe, a Pricescoper could check it out for you?

Cosmo_Gal

Shiny_Rock
oooh, I didn''t think of that. The store is in the Saint Vincent Jewelry Center in Los Angeles.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results