shape
carat
color
clarity

My Hammered 24K Yellow Gold Bangles

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I picked up my two new bracelets (and my old ones, as well) today. When I get back to Virginia I will post some pictures. I have to say that adding a 5mm bangle on each end of the bangles really makes a difference in how the entire set looks. There is much more grace to the set now; the sizes flow from thin to thick, rather than jumping!

Deborah
34.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your bangles are just gorgeous!!
30.gif
I ''m sure they look fabulous all together and can''t wait to see new pics.
36.gif

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
AGBF,
I really am impressed with your choice of bangles!They catch the eye and i bet they sound great when they are worn stacked together.The hammered look brings me back to the 1970s when i worked in a small custom jewelry shop in a tourist town in the western states.The hammered surface looks great either with a high polish or worn with a patina from years of constant wear.I have a wide hammered band that gets alot of compliments when worn...im sure yours will get tons on attention from jewelry lovers!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh, geez, i must see pictures of this less jumpy transition!

movie zombie

ps so glad to be an enabler!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is a photograph of my two new bangle bracelets. They are 5mm wide and made of solid, hammered 24K gold.

Deborah
34.gif

My5mmBangles.JPG

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is a photo of the two new 5mm bangles along with my original five. This picture, like the one above, was taken by the jeweler. It is pretty and artistic, but it does not show how the two size 5mm bangles help fill in the size gap between the smaller and larger bangles I had previously. I will have to take some shots of the bangles together myself!

Deborah
34.gif

MySevenBangles.JPG

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/4/2007 7:50:40 PM
Author: jewelerman
AGBF,

I really am impressed with your choice of bangles!They catch the eye and i bet they sound great when they are worn stacked together.The hammered look brings me back to the 1970s when i worked in a small custom jewelry shop in a tourist town in the western states.The hammered surface looks great either with a high polish or worn with a patina from years of constant wear.I have a wide hammered band that gets alot of compliments when worn...im sure yours will get tons on attention from jewelry lovers!

Thank you for the compliments and welcome to the thread, jewelerman. Would you care to post a picture of your wide hammered band? We love to look at gold here! I also noticed you contributing to the thread on royal jewels so I see that you have eclectic interests!

Deb
34.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deb,
Your new bangles are so beautiful. It''s great that you have a few of different sizes. They can be worn all together, just a few of different sizes indifferent combinations according to mood and looks. I am always glad to read about yours and Sharon''s special high carat gold projects/purchases.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
great pictures! more pictures on your arm w/ or w/o rings, please!

movie zombie

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Delicious! Arm shots please!

cheers--Sharon

sheena

Rough_Rock
I really love that beautiful bracelet but you can also add design that make it more attractive. It is so stunning.

Lee Little

Shiny_Rock
Trade
My wife is also a huge fan of 24 karat gold as she is from Thailand. There most everyone insist on gold that is as pure as possible, they tend to wrinkle their noses at my 18k and certainly will at 14k due to the color. My instructor is Thai and I was taught in 22k but have since converted my bench to 18k due to the American market. Last time my wife wanted a new ring I just dropped the stone off with my instructor and told him to make it with as much gold as possible. This made it a surprise since she looks over my shoulder alot and also let me stay in my comfort zone with 18k.
They say that energetically the 24 karat is more healing and makes ones heart more pure. So, there ya go. Thanks for sharing such beauty, Lee

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/24/2007 11:55:25 PM
Author: Lee Little
My wife is also a huge fan of 24 karat gold as she is from Thailand. There most everyone insist on gold that is as pure as possible, they tend to wrinkle their noses at my 18k and certainly will at 14k due to the color. My instructor is Thai and I was taught in 22k but have since converted my bench to 18k due to the American market. Last time my wife wanted a new ring I just dropped the stone off with my instructor and told him to make it with as much gold as possible. This made it a surprise since she looks over my shoulder alot and also let me stay in my comfort zone with 18k.

They say that energetically the 24 karat is more healing and makes ones heart more pure. So, there ya go. Thanks for sharing such beauty, Lee

Thank you for sharing your story and thank you for your compliments on my bangles, Lee. I hope that you will contribute more to the threads on gold jewelry. You obviously have a lot to offer since you are a professional. We would love to see pictures of your wife's high karat gold jewelry if you have time to post any.

Deborah
34.gif

Lee Little

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Hi Deborah,
My wife was in the office when I was reading the forum so I grabbed two of her rings and took some quick pics.
These are both hand hammered into a traditional and ancient style that has been made in Thailand for perhaps 400 years according to my instructor. I love to make this style now though when I first saw it I thought it would be impossible.
The one is a 7.7 carat Burmese star ruby and I could have centered the star better in the pic but you get the idea anyway. I bought it in a remote area of Thailand.
The smaller stone is Andesine and was a gift from a gem dealer/friend of the family. Best regars, Lee

collage-1.jpg

sheena

Rough_Rock
I love it and so rich in gold. You look stunning if you match it to your beautiful wardrobe. A 24K yellow gold bangle bracelets is really fantastic.

QOTDR

Rough_Rock
Very pretty. I hear yellow gold is making a big comeback. I''m equal opportunity, I love all metals
21.gif

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
AGBF, those bracelets are gorgeous! [As are your wife''s rings, Lee]

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lee, I love the smaller, red ring. I have never heard of Andesine, but I think it looks spectacular in the yellow gold. Your wife is a lucky woman!

Deborah
34.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/1/2007 9:54:35 AM
Author: DiamanteBlu
AGBF, those bracelets are gorgeous! [As are your wife''s rings, Lee]

Thank you, DiamanteBlu. I can take no credit for the looks of my bracelets, but Lee can certainly take credit for having done all that detailed work in gold on his wife''s rings!

Deborah
34.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, beautiful braclets and rings too Lee!
30.gif

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Lee, thanks for the explanation about the 24kt gold.
I''ve always wondered and now I know!

And Deb, wow, love, love those bangles!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Wow, I love those rings. The Andesine is gorgeous. I have several Andesine stones that are yet to be set.

Linda

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
i love the look of andesine with high gold. it is usually not set as a ring as it is considered soft. however, this one is set in a way which should protect it a bit. i''ve read complaints that jewelers have actually damaged the stone while setting it.

deb, there is much discussion re andesine and labradorite as they are chemically very close. i bought an andesine about 1.5 years ago and returned it as it wasn''t nearly as lovely as this stone! i was over saturated and black looking in spots.

LL, your wife is indeed one lucky woman!

movie zombie

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LMAsscherFSplit8.jpg

Starryeyed''s, F IF, Asscher a la LM

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: My Hammered 24K Yellow Gold Bangles

I have posted this photo in many other threads on Pricescope, but I apparently neglected to post it in this thread, so I will today.* I needed this thread last night because I needed to look up the size of my bangle bracelets and this was the only place that I remember ever writing the sizes down!

I have asked Karen Wickham what she would charge to make two more bangles to match the ones in my set. I have written about her elsewhere. She is a goldsmith who has her own website on the 'net as well as ones on Etsy and eBay. I own a pair of 24K tiny earrings (studs) that she custom made for me a couple of years ago, so I know her work.

I currently have one 7mm 24K gold bangle and two each of 3mm; 4mm; and 5mm bangles that match it. I thought that two 6mm bangles would be nice if I could afford them. I have not bought any jewelry in a while.

Below is the photo of the seven bangles I currently have. For some reason they look flimsy to me for 24K gold, but they are solid so they are not really light weight.

*I see that I posted this same photo above! Excuse me!!!

Deb/AGBF
:saint:

Edited to correct error!!!

Attachments

• mysevengoldbanglebracelets.bmp
    742.9 KB · Views: 435

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Deb, you have beautiful bangles! What size wrist to do you have and do you have any photos of them on your wrist? I'm after a bangle myself and was thinking a single 5mm might be too narrow. I'd be getting 9 carat to save on cost. I know it won't have the same really bright colour, but any photos would be much appreciated!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi, Rhea-

I have a relatively small wrist, about 6 inches or 6 1/2 inches. I have to be careful to buy (or to have made) bangles that are small enough that they do not go flying off my hand if I swing it! I just found some photos of the bangles on my wrist today. I had had no idea where they were, but I wanted to send them to Karen Wickman so I searched my computer. Please note that the photos are only of five bangles; I apparently have none of all seven on my arm. Thank you for asking.

PS-I believe that Karen makes both 10K and also vermeil bangles. If I were you I would go for vermeil. It is all precious metal: silver under 24K gold, but it will be very bright. But of course one must make one's own choices!

Deb :wavey:

goldbangles1.jpg

goldbangles2.jpg

goldbangles3.jpg

goldbangles4.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I just did a quick search for "vermeil" on Karen's eBay website. Here is a link to what I found:

Link...http://stores.ebay.com/Jewelry-by-KarenWickman/_i.html?_nkw=vermeil&submit=Search&_sid=58541883

As you can see, she will custom make anything in rose gold, platinum, or any karat of gold you like-as long as it is solid gold, not hollow. As I said above, I have a pair of 24K gold stud earrings she made me a couple of years ago. She is very good.

Deb :wavey:

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thanks, Deb! We don't do 10 carat in the UK (or 14 carat for that matter) so I'd need to decide between 9, 18, and 22. Your bracelets look great, thanks for sharing!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results