shape
carat
color
clarity

My wide band

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

budgetbling

Rough_Rock
I have a right hand ring that keeps getting beat up. It is a 8mm comfort fit in white gold with about 1/2 - 3/4 karats of small bezel set diamonds sprayed across the front. The ring keeps spinning and the diamonds end up on the inside and are literally being beaten right out of the ring. This weekend I took it to the jeweler and decided to have my princess-cut so/so quality 1/2 Karat mounted on top of the 8 mm ring and will purchase 2 anniversary bands one on each end. This will make up 14mm width when I''m finished. How do you guys think this will look? I am hoping the princess diamond head will keep the ring right side out and plus I will be wearing it on my left hand as a wedding ring and not a right hand ring anymore. I wish I had taken a photo before I took to jeweler. Can you visualize this? Do you have any suggestions? I love the very wide band look.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
jeanette

Emerald is always portrayed as a brittle gemstone how has yours held up over 25 years, any nicks or chips? I suppose at that age it would have been bought before all this filling emeralds began so maybe yours is a better emerald than is sold nowadays. It looks beautiful.

jeanette

Rough_Rock
Sorry it took so long to write back
my emerald has never chipped or came loose from the setting,
I have the ring checked every year.

15.jpg crop.jpg 300 sz.jpg

jeanette

Rough_Rock
Here is one more photo showing a little better detail.

Jeanette

13.jpg crop.jpg 300 sz.jpg

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Jeanette...

I have always loved wide bands...I have very long, slender fingers also and I think the look is very elegant. Since my fingers are so skinny, I just ordered a 6mm heavy weight comfort fit white gold band with 2, 2mm channel set diamond bands to be worn on either side of the e-ring, totaling 10mm. I am so glad to see there really others out there who love the wide band look! All of the jewelers but the one I chose thought I was nuts and told me what a dated look it was in this day and age. Since I''m no spring chicken, I figured that would work out just fine! I''ll have to post pics when I finally get them all!

Thanks for sharing your beauties with us!

Harleigh

jeanette

Rough_Rock
I have heard that as well, I do what I want and what I think looks good.
The fashion clowns have tried to talk me into a thin band as well but I am seeing more and more women with wide bands.

Send a picture of yours when you get it

Jeanette

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/9/2007 3:58:08 PM
Author: jeanette

I have heard that as well, I do what I want and what I think looks good.
The fashion clowns have tried to talk me into a thin band as well but I am seeing more and more women with wide bands.

Send a picture of yours when you get it

Jeanette
Will do...now if only I could get my hands on them!!!
9.gif

jonothan

Rough_Rock
I am new here. My wife’s wedding ring is a bit exceptional. It weighs 93grams, is 21mm wide, about 5mm deep and is of 22k gold. She never removes it.

jonothan

Rough_Rock
I am trying again to upload a picture of it.

ehering3.jpg

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome to PS
35.gif

That is some ring. I like the look of wide bands in these photos.

But my fingers are tiny from start to knuckle. Not enough real estate for this look. LOL

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock

Date: 8/2/2007 5:04:44 PM
Author: jonothan
I am trying again to upload a picture of it.

HOLY COW!!!! That is huge!!! I would love to see a handshot from farther away... I would love to see how it looks compared to her whole hand.

And 93 grams!!!

23.gif
23.gif
23.gif
WOW!!!!

jonothan

Rough_Rock
Pic as requested

NONAME09a.jpg

jonothan

Rough_Rock
I am also attaching one from the inside

NONAME11.jpg

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Hi jonothan...welcome to PS! Holy cow! That ring is ginormous! I love it!

Jeanette...I finally got my ring and bands, and the total width all put together is 14mm, not 10 as I originally thought...they look spectacular! I love all of your inspiration!

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/3/2007 6:45:32 AM
Pic as requested

Wow!!! Thanks for posting that up

1.gif

I don''t think anyone could get away with saying they didn''t know she was married because they didn''t see the ring!!!

Its amazing... very unique look. Thanks for sharing

3.gif

bbbkkk

Rough_Rock
Jonothan , band is amaizing wonderful .Thanks for sharing and post more pics.

chol

Rough_Rock
Date: 8/2/2007 4:56:29 PM
I am new here. My wife’s wedding ring is a bit exceptional. It weighs 93grams, is 21mm wide, about 5mm deep and is of 22k gold. She never removes it.
Jonothan,

The pictures, especially the one from the inside of the hand, are impressive. What a wonderful look! Two questions:
1) what do you mean by "5mm deep"?
2) was it difficult for your wife to getting use to wearing this?

jonothan

Rough_Rock
5mm deep is mentioned as the germans often refer to that dimension which in large bands is relative and greatly affects the weight. It is the distance between the inside of the ring to the outside when worn, the thickness. You can have a very wide ring that is very thin through and therefore quite light. Yes, she had some difficulty in getting used to it but had wide rings before. It was the widest she could wear but could still bend her finger.

zaragosa

Rough_Rock
I''m 29 years old, living in Spain, i''m married with a nice girl, and both of us wearing wide band wedding rings. would you like to see that rings?

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/14/2007 5:13:15 PM
Author: zaragosa
I''m 29 years old, living in Spain, i''m married with a nice girl, and both of us wearing wide band wedding rings. would you like to see that rings?

Of course we do! Please feel free to post pictures
9.gif

zaragosa

Rough_Rock
I tried to upload pictures, but it seems to be impossible, because "attach file" option not working, and links from other sites are also forbidden.
How to post that pictures?

I''ve been trying post them by using IE 7 and opera 9.03

AdaBeta27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/15/2006 6:38:39 PM
Author: jeanette

No my husband has a hard core severe metal allergy and is not able to even keep money in a pocket.

I am the one who wears the jewelry

Jeanette

I know people who have that problem without even having allergies.
emwink.gif
emotion-14.gif
(Sorry, couldn''t resist)

I can''t wear wide or thick bands because my knuckles can''t stand rings banging into them anymore. I started out with a wide band wedding set. It looked great, but I had to drop back to two 2 mm bands. I have short fingers, though.

zaragosa

Rough_Rock
Finaly, this is the picture:

bild010.jpg

zaragosa

Rough_Rock
and the other one:

bild11.jpg

jeanette

Rough_Rock
Thats a nice band.
Jeanette

bbbkkk

Rough_Rock
Jonothan , please send more pics about this band, but J can''t send picture , because J have a problem. J don''t know what''s the problem with my PC.

jonothan

Rough_Rock
Sorry I tried to download one but it did not work. You will find six altogether on the site: Permanent Jewelry Symbols.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results