shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me find a silver necklace for my daughter!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
My 9 year old daughter has asked me for a silver neclace for Hanukkah. Since it starts Dec. 4, I don''t have much time.

I hate malls so I want to shop online but want to make sure its a reputable site.

Can you all help me find a safe site to buy from. What I do know is she wants a heart or flower pendant and I want to make sure the chain is not too flimsy.

Ideally I would like the pendant part to be fixed to the chain so when she is putting it on and off, the pendant can''t accidentally fall off the chain and get lost. But thats not a requirement.

And I would like to keep it under $40. She is 9 afterall and I don''t want to spend too much on something she could lose.

When she asked me for this, part of me thought how much fun it will be to buy her first piece of jewelery! And how super cool it is that I get to do that for her.

And the other part was, uh oh, the jewelery bug hs bitten young LOL.

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
I''ve bought a few cute things from evesaddiction.com. They have a ton of heart necklaces, and Tiffany-style necklaces. I think this lariat necklace is really cute, and a little different: lariat heart necklace. They also sell through Amazon.com, so I think they are pretty reputable.

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
bluenile.com

overstock.com

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Depending on your budget, you could order from Tiffany's. When I've been last minute with a gift, they have been very helpful
2.gif

ETA: Sorry...I didn't read your post thoroughly. You did state your budget and I didn't notice. Nevermind
17.gif

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
I found one I really like on eve's addiction. its a tiffany inspired double heart for $27. Its adorable and hopefully she will be responsible with it. But if she loses it no heartbreak for me.

I love the tiffany's silver ones. Thats more a high school or college gift than a gift for a 3rd grader :)

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
James Avery has many for you to choose from. The sign of life, menorah, some book...or pages...star of David, etc. I don''t know if a lamb is appropriate, but I so love it.

They can get it to you in about 3 to 5 days regular mail. My mother and I exchange charms often. Great quality heavy...and his work is well respected.

You will have to search through for your specific needs. The majority of his work is Christian symbols.

DKS

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/17/2007 7:11:31 PM
Author: asscherisme
I found one I really like on eve's addiction. its a tiffany inspired double heart for $27. Its adorable and hopefully she will be responsible with it. But if she loses it no heartbreak for me.

I love the tiffany's silver ones. Thats more a high school or college gift than a gift for a 3rd grader :)
ITA
1.gif

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/17/2007 7:19:16 PM
Author: door knob solitaire
James Avery has many for you to choose from. The sign of life, menorah, some book...or pages...star of David, etc. I don't know if a lamb is appropriate, but I so love it.

They can get it to you in about 3 to 5 days regular mail. My mother and I exchange charms often. Great quality heavy...and his work is well respected.

You will have to search through for your specific needs. The majority of his work is Christian symbols.

DKS

I second James Avery. I have a JA pearl pendant that DH bought me back before he was my DH, and I love it.

sera

Ideal_Rock
I love the store Something Silver! They have one at Downtown Disney and I've bought quite a few really nice and different pieces there- I always get comments on them. Here are a couple ideas (they have other hearts and flowers, but the pendants are not attached to the chain)...

Foxy reversible purple and red flowers $51 (I know it's over budget, but the reversible necklaces are so cute.)

foxy_purplered.jpg

sera

Ideal_Rock

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the ideas, keep them coming.

I am going to make a decision and order on Tuesday. I figure that will give me enough time to get here in time. Hannukah starts sundown 12/4 but since it runs 8 nights, there is a window of when it can get here.

I told my husband my idea and he really likes it too.

My daughter will be so excited!

I have a question about what I saw on the eves addiction site. Most of their sterling silver says rhodium plated. Is that the same process as with white gold? Is that to prevent tarnish and does it really work to prevent tarnish?

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
I third James Avery for silver jewelry, but when I searched for a heart or flower necklace, nothing age-appropriate seemed to come up.

Here''s my search from blue nile:

http://www.bluenile.com/product_catalog.asp track=top_showall&show_all_pages=1&catid=84&oid1=6744&filter_id=0&nav1=necklace_channel.asp

I really like "the open loop heart" at $45.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
I found something on the james avery site I love, love! Its $60 a little bit more than I had in mind but its perfect!

here is the link:

http://secure.jamesavery.com/view_jewelry/search/viewProduct.jsp?itemCode=CM-1689M

Isn't it adorable!

I just ordered it :)

Its exactly what I had in mind. She is going to love it! I also really like that the pendant is fixed on the chain so its harder to lose the pendant part.

Thanks for the help! I'll post a picture when it arrives.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Haha, I saw that one and wanted it for myself!!
1.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/18/2007 2:09:05 AM
I have a question about what I saw on the eves addiction site. Most of their sterling silver says rhodium plated. Is that the same process as with white gold?
Yes.

Is that to prevent tarnish?
Yes.

does it really work to prevent tarnish?
Don't know. I wish it would...tarnish is the reason I can't stand silver.

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/19/2007 10:09:05 AM

I found something on the james avery site I love, love! Its $60 a little bit more than I had in mind but its perfect!

here is the link:

http://secure.jamesavery.com/view_jewelry/search/viewProduct.jsp?itemCode=CM-1689M

Isn''t it adorable!

I just ordered it :)

Its exactly what I had in mind. She is going to love it! I also really like that the pendant is fixed on the chain so its harder to lose the pendant part.

Thanks for the help! I''ll post a picture when it arrives.

I love it too! I''d definitely like to see a pic when you receive it. Wish I''d seen that when I was looking for wedding jewelry...

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/19/2007 6:22:27 PM
Author: FireGoddess

I have a question about what I saw on the eves addiction site. Most of their sterling silver says rhodium plated. Is that the same process as with white gold?
Yes.

Is that to prevent tarnish?
Yes.

does it really work to prevent tarnish?
Don''t know. I wish it would...tarnish is the reason I can''t stand silver.
i have a lot silver...and it never tarnishes. quality silver worn frequently doesn''t tarnish....it does get a patina but that is different than tarnish. i have a very old chinese bracelet that i''m told would decrease in value if i ever cleaned it....the same with a mexican silver necklace. i''ve been told i''d destroy the worth of both pieces if i were to clean them. neither one is tarnished but has a patina from age and years of wear. in the case of the mexican necklace, the patina is so good that i''ve had people think at first glance from a distance that i''m wearing darker pearls.

proper storage in a sealed bag and/or a jewelry box designed to be anti-tarnish is also very helpful. silver should not be left exposed to the air and/or touching other metals. unfortunately, i''ve also done both of these...in a moist area on top of it all so i did end up with a major tarnish problem with some pieces.

i love that knot from blue nile! it is simple and yet elegant. one that could be worn 24/7 and for many years.

movie zombie

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The rose necklace is beautiful! Good choice.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Thanks :) It shipped Wed and I can''t wait to get it. It shipped ground and with Thanksgiving I won''t get it until next week. I''ll definately post a photo when I get it. My daughter will flip over it.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the rose necklace! It is different and very feminine! A special piece that she can always remember as her first real jewelry!

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Asscherisme...so glad you found the perfect gift!!! My mother collected all the roses in that group. You can keep that in mind when you need another gift for her...ring, charm, earrings, etc. All a matched set.

I was just clicking on my favorites, and came across this site. Wanted to post it for you, again for future reference. And for others who may see this thread needing a gift too.

This site was posted her, long ago. I don''t recall any reviews or comments on their product or cs. But the prices are incredible. Link is something specifically I thought you may have interest in...but there are many Tiffany products offered. §

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results