shape
carat
color
clarity

black diamonds and manly man rings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
well, I have been trying to figure out a good man ring for a while. Then today I started thinking about black diamonds. so far, while I have seen some rings I have seen look very nice, I can't help but feel a slight sense of femininity when I look at a diamond ring. Now, I am not some sortof masculine freak or anything, its just that with me cruising down the road singing to "the lion sleeps tonight" and walking around town listening to "a whole new world" on my ipod, and then working with elementary school kids and at a daycare all day...well, I don't need anymore points against my masculinity you know? So, I have been trying to find something that would give me the best of both worlds. I got the idea today, and I am not so good at paint/photoshop type things...of something like this:

so what I am first trying to find out is if this kind of thing is possible. I am imagining maybe something like 10 super small black diamonds 5 on each side of a pretty small colorless Strong fluo diamond. where obviously it woudl be better to have the diamonds go all the way around, maybe just cut it off and let the multi-color strip go around the rest of the way? Sourounded in black titanium metal maybe? I have no idea about what metals or colors would be best. But would it be possible?

anybody have any ideas on how to go about getting some ball park figures of what something involving 10 tiny black diamonds might cost, without the center stone and assuming a fairly inexpensive metal option?

any idea on the expense of just the black diamonds?

Do I need to just give up on this idea of using black diamonds and think of something else?

manlymenrings.JPG

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
2 bits of unrelated advice-
1. black damonds look about 1/2 the size of white diamonds - so use big ones
2. use treated blacks as natural blacks will break in a mens ring

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Garry:

The topic of relative durability is an excellent one on its own. How about a thread or a short article about the subject? I am not at all expert on this particular subject and I''d imagine few others would be. It is a topic which would be of interest.

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
There''s some great titanium ring makers that could help you. I''ve seen Boone rings posted on here a few times, and I know there''s others out there. I think it would look "manly" and yet still give you something sparkly to look at.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/6/2007 10:54:05 AM
Author: MustangGal
There''s some great titanium ring makers that could help you. I''ve seen Boone rings posted on here a few times, and I know there''s others out there. I think it would look ''manly'' and yet still give you something sparkly to look at.
Ditto, I think Boone''s look great!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results