shape
carat
color
clarity

Reasonable resizing prices, please help me in the next few hours

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Hey, well the jeweler I am speaking with quoted me 130 dollars to resize my ring UP by about 3/4 of a size.

I just wrote him back and let him know I forgot to put in the email that it was a down, and silghtly less than 3/4, (though I mentioned that on the phone a while back)

So, I need to know two things. One, what is a reasonable quote for sizing up a palladium ring such as mine (basic solitaire) 3/4 a size. If he was trying to rip me then he can forget about my buisness, I will just buy her a Tiffany ring to hold in front of it and hunt down one of those temp ring sizers.

And MOST IMPORTANTLY, how much should it cost to get the ring resized down 3/4 of a size? He is claiming that work in Palladium and Platinum--exotic metals as he put it--is very costly and difficult.

Julianna

Brilliant_Rock
Hey WorkingHard, I once had a platinum ring resized (down) at a reputable jeweler here in Maryland for $50.00. I think I had it resized from a 7.5ish to a 6.

worse, when I showed him the pictures and asked about it looking a little askew (as I talked about here:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/problem-with-ring-can-it-be-fixed-easily.66370/

)

He told me it looked to him like the head is on incorrectly. though i dont think thats the case as I have had several jewelers look at it in person. Anyway, lets hope not! Nothing I will be able to do about THAT for a long time!

and lets hope he comes down in price, no chance im paying 130 bucks. I just dont think I could manage that one.

just wanted to bump myself to the top again. Man, I am also worried he wont do it becaue it was an online purchase. His email seemed kind of heated when he asked me where I got it...so I explained breifly and told him. We will see....damn this palladium.

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/4/2007 3:03:12 PM
Author: WorkingHardforSmallRewards
just wanted to bump myself to the top again. Man, I am also worried he wont do it becaue it was an online purchase. His email seemed kind of heated when he asked me where I got it...so I explained breifly and told him. We will see....damn this palladium.
In general I think stateside retail stores will be in the neighborhood of $60-75 to go up or down a size in platinum or palladium (both have higher melting points than gold).It can be a little less expensive for gold. Not many people work in palladium so it's harder to find resizing services in commercial markets.That can imply a premium; not because it’s more difficult to do, just because the alloy and those experienced with it are more rare.

well crap, I wish I could get back to my city with my jeweler who I know. He sure wouldnt rip me off
7.gif
dagnabbit.

I get a feeling this ring is never giong to get resized or straightened out.

alright, well to keep you guys updated and keep bumping my thread. I have found a new jewelery about an additional 30 minutes out of my way (but I was planning for a 1 1/2 hour repair so it doesnt affect my plans too much) and he uses a laser and has experience as well. So I am emailing him now, crossing my fingers he comes back with a reasonable quote.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Please disclose to all the jewelers you are contacting that the head & shank of the ring are different metals. They need all the info to ensure they don''t HARM the ring while trying to fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results