shape
carat
color
clarity

workinghard`s future fiance`s ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
It turned out beautiful! I do think the setting was worth the extra money. It''s much nicer than the regular 4-prong Tiffanys.

Date: 7/30/2007 10:05:10 PM
Author: thing2of2

As far as the issue in the other thread, definitely get it repaired where you bought it! You don''t want them to tell you ''too bad!'' when you try to return it after another jeweler has already worked on it. That usually voids whatever warranty the vendor offers on the settings.

Ah, well I am afraid that isn''t an option. I am sure JA would resize for me and such if I asked (If I need to which I think I may, but hopefully not) and sent it to them, and they would probably fix this for me too. However, she is in Japan, will be in America for four days in September, and then back to Japan She will probably come live in America with me for 3 months or so before we actually have the marriage ceremony (though for paperwork purposes the actual marriage may happen well before that), but even if we did it next summer that would still be a good 8 months or so before she was actually in America, at best. Fortunately I was referred both by Cartier''s and some people at some "Star Jewelery" store (which was ridiculously expensive, I believe they were the one''s with the .6ct G VS solitaire for over 9,000 USD) to do it at the Jewelry reform show in August, and one of them gave me her card and said she could help me out if I had any problems or questions, so I guess I will just have to take my chances with them and point it out to girlfriend after I propose, I hope they can actually fix it after I show her though
32.gif
so we will see how that goes! but I guess this is what I get for asking JA to alter things slightly for me. They made alot of accommodations and modifications for me at very little and no expense, so I don''t blame them for this. My guess is that it probably happened when I requested they turn it into a comfort fit band for me, which I believe was after they had set the diamond. And while they didn''t send me pictures or have the gemologist look at it herself before having it sent to me, as had originally been planned, that also wasn''t there fault because as it was, it arrived at my door the Friday before I left-absolutely last minute due to the time it took to have the shank made at Knox. but anyway, the lack of symmetry and fluid lines from the side view is just too irritating for me not to get it fixed.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
workinghard, I think the ring is beautiful. It seems to be exactly what she wanted, simple, understated, yet blingy and sparkly! I think a half eternity diamond band would be FABULOUS with that e-ring! Isn''t it funny how you never notice what others have until you''re in the market for something, especially diamonds? But I digress...I love the tapered band and I think you made the right decision there. BTW, your hand is not unattractive whatsoever, although I can''t wait to see hand pics of this ring on the bride to be''s hand!!!
36.gif

snlee

Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful! Great job! I can''t wait to see some hand shots! Good luck with the proposal.
36.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The ring is gorgeous, she is going to love it!

Here is a much better arrows image all though now my diamond is really dusty
7.gif

IMG_02459999.JPG

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is just stunning - you did great! I hope you stick around PS now you are here, you are a great asset!!!!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/31/2007 4:45:28 AM
Author: WorkingHardforSmallRewards
Here is a much better arrows image all though now my diamond is really dusty
7.gif
Beautiful arrow shot!

As for getting dusty, just give her a quick clean. Buy a cheap, baby toothbrush, spritz with Windex, scrub gently (pavillion too), rinse. Then blow excess water off, and I dry with a dryer to help avoid water spots.

You can''t give her a dirty ring.
11.gif
2.gif

since this thread is about my ring I am going to post my new favorite pic here. In this one, the arrows were just about to light up and sparkle right before the camera caught it. Only picture I have taken quite like it.

newfavoritepic.JPG

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great new pics! Love those H&A''s, the stone is STUNNING!!!
36.gif

well thank you thank you, i love getting new comments
9.gif
9.gif

You think there woudl be any interest in a thread dedicated to pictures of inclusions
25.gif
maybe not, but I thought it would be interesting to see photos that capture the inclusions and have listed the clarity grade, who graded it, size, cut, and shape of their diamond. I was thinking about it when I looked at the Arrows picture, I can see the inclusion in it very clearly, except for the fact it is so dusty and the inclusion looks exactly like dust. So I tried to take some others today, got one that is ok, but not very visible. Anyway, they are hard to get, but I would love to see some VS1 2ct inclusion pictures, and some SI2 inclusion pictures, different types and colors, I think it would be a blast!? You think it would work or maybe no interest?

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
It''s lovely! Gorgeous diamond.
30.gif

mara54

Shiny_Rock
wow, you did a good job on that diamond, it is beautiful. congratulations! looking forward to more pics later.
35.gif

Well I just proposed today and I am showing her Pricescope right now, everybody say hi:). She said yes of course, and we just spoke with her parents and drank some beer together. Going to eat some steak and drink champagne tomorrow night. I'll get some pictures on her hand later, and if I can convince her to let me put up a picture of both of us I'll do that soon. She doesn't want me to post her face at the moment though
8.gif

I will also try to start a new thread with the giant diamonds they let me try on here in Japan, and some of different wedding bands and see which style all of you prefer, though I would like to try to make that purchase at WF if possible. (the Platinum here might actually make it ab etter deal though, going to have to do some more research.)

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Yay, congratulations on your engagement!! It''s a beautiful ring too, by the way!!
1.gif

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Hooray for you!!! Can''t wait to see some hand shots!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results