shape
carat
color
clarity

Lost my pendant, but bought a new necklace!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

conitta

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/20/2006 2:57:09 AM
Author: researcher

Date: 7/20/2006 2:33:25 AM
Author: IrishAngel
Wow Researcher!!! I''ve always wanted a necklace like that. It looks absolutely gorgeous on you!!!
30.gif

Thanks, IrishAngel! I do love the necklace and promise it looks even better when it''s sitting straight on my neck so the larger diamonds are in the middle
9.gif
I would definitely purchase one when you get the chance! Even though mine is not that many carats (4ctw) it''s still full of fire and brilliance. And, it''s SOOOO much cheaper going with diamond florets/clusters than solitaires!
36.gif
What a beautiful necklace. So sorry to hear about your loss and the senamental value as well. I love the flowerets and clusters (some) as I think you get more sparkle and yes it is less
9.gif
. I have always liked smaller stones...good thing! Congratulations it is lovely..Now where will you wear it?Just dressy or everyday and like to Wal-Mart
31.gif
?

Connie

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/19/2006 5:15:28 PM
Date: 7/19/2006 4:28:10 PM

Author: sumbride

Wowee!!! That''s lovely and should definitely help you feel better!!! I''m so sorry you lost your pendant. I lost my everyday pendant about 2 months ago and still miss it dearly, but am hoping to replace it, though certainly not with something as lovely as that! ENJOY!!!

I''m so sorry for your loss! Is there a thread on it? I''ve been so swamped with work I haven''t been able to post much in the past 6 months or so. What type of pendant are you considering now? I''m still hoping to get a solitaire with a diamond halo, but it will have to wait until my birthday (November) or something now.

Thanks. I didn''t post about it because I was still hoping I''d find it and if I posted it would make it "more real". Does that make sense? It wasn''t an expensive pendant, just a few hundred dollars, but the sentimental value was very high. It was a white gold infinity heart pendant with a smattering of tiny diamonds, and I''d worn it almost every day since my bf gave it to me a couple of years ago. I think I lost it at Lowe''s as that was the only place I went all day. They said nobody ever turned it in and I searched the whole store, it was like it just vanished, or more likely somebody picked it up and kept it. I just feel incomplete without it and even though it''s giving me reason to wear my other nice jewelry, I miss having something to put on everyday, something that is just right.

I''m hoping for a replacement and I asked my BF if he would propose with a new one, since we''re planning on picking out the ring together afterwards. I''m not sure he''s going to do it, but it would mean more coming from him on that occasion rather than me just ordering it for myself. Have to "re-imbue" the sentimental value, I suppose.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/19/2006 9:32:46 PM

Thank you; your comment could not be more on target with the look I was hoping to achieve. Now, do you think it will look odd with tanks and capris? I wore my other diamond pendant with everything and plan to do the same with this necklace. Because this is not a flashy necklace or a significant number of carats I think I can pull it off, but it does seem a lot more dressy than a thin gold chain with a pendant.

Thoughts?

It might be a little more than the average person is used to seeing with tanks and capris, but as long as you feel comfortable in it, you''ll own the look and everyone else will say "wow, look at that beautiful woman with that beautiful necklace!" instead of "hmm.... diamonds with tank tops?" Know what I mean? Flaunt it girl, you''ve got it.
36.gif

conitta

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/20/2006 9:48:40 AM

Thank you; your comment could not be more on target with the look I was hoping to achieve. Now, do you think it will look odd with tanks and capris? I wore my other diamond pendant with everything and plan to do the same with this necklace. Because this is not a flashy necklace or a significant number of carats I think I can pull it off, but it does seem a lot more dressy than a thin gold chain with a pendant.

Thoughts?

It might be a little more than the average person is used to seeing with tanks and capris, but as long as you feel comfortable in it, you''ll own the look and everyone else will say ''wow, look at that beautiful woman with that beautiful necklace!'' instead of ''hmm.... diamonds with tank tops?'' Know what I mean? Flaunt it girl, you''ve got it.
36.gif
Probably the avg. person does not own anything like that or they would be wearing one.I say wear it and show it off...yes FLAUNT IT! IT would really show up with a tank top. I wear my diamonds and colored stone jewelry and I am not a DRESSY type person...

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/19/2006 11:52:57 PM
Author: poptart
I don''t think it will look too dressy for anything. It''s a tasteful size, classic, and GEORGEOUS! Wear it!
5.gif
HI:

I also echo these sentiments. To be sure it is a different look than a solitare pendant, but it does not necesssarily follow that it would be out of place with casual attire. Since when is elegant and tasteful jewellery out of place, anywhere? (well, I might draw the line at a bkiini!!!)
2.gif

cheers--Sharon

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so sorry to hear about your lost pendant! That is a good reminder to us all to make sure our insurance is up-to-date. I think the new necklace is gorgeous on you! If I had one, I''d wear it with more dressy things and wear a solitaire pendant for casual. I think there''s justification for having both kinds!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh i''d be so bummed to lose the pendant...it''s funny how you can become attached to certain things especially when they have some meaning behind them or even just by wearing them daily they become special! the new necklace will do nicely but hopefully the pendant turns up at some point !!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
I''m sorry you lost your pendant. I hope it turns up somewhere. I''d be sooo sad if I lost my pendant! WOW - your new necklace is beautiful and looks great on you!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!!! "Grace Kelly" comes to mind.
36.gif

As for whether it''ll go with tank tops and shorts, I say do whatever you''re most comfy with! Anything goes and as long as you feel comfortable and confident wearing it, you will pull it off just fine!

lili

Ideal_Rock
Oooo, beautiful neckpiece.
I love how it looked like single solitaire diamonds from afar.
Million dollar look for a fraction of the price.
Congratulations on your new bling.
I wish a kind samaritan finds and return your missing solitaire.

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/20/2006 9:00:20 AM
Author: conitta
Date: 7/20/2006 2:57:09 AM

Date: 7/20/2006 2:33:25 AM

Author: IrishAngel

Wow Researcher!!! I've always wanted a necklace like that. It looks absolutely gorgeous on you!!!
30.gif

Thanks, IrishAngel! I do love the necklace and promise it looks even better when it's sitting straight on my neck so the larger diamonds are in the middle
9.gif
I would definitely purchase one when you get the chance! Even though mine is not that many carats (4ctw) it's still full of fire and brilliance. And, it's SOOOO much cheaper going with diamond florets/clusters than solitaires!
36.gif
What a beautiful necklace. So sorry to hear about your loss and the senamental value as well. I love the flowerets and clusters (some) as I think you get more sparkle and yes it is less
9.gif
. I have always liked smaller stones...good thing! Congratulations it is lovely..Now where will you wear it?Just dressy or everyday and like to Wal-Mart
31.gif
?

Connie
Thanks for the compliment!
So far I've worn it to work, out walking, and to the gym. I really do plan on wearing it everyday. I think that, with the smaller stones, it isn't too fancy for everyday wear and I'm the type of girl whose t-shirts are even a bit preppy.

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/20/2006 9:44:26 AM
Date: 7/19/2006 5:15:28 PM

Date: 7/19/2006 4:28:10 PM

Wowee!!! That''s lovely and should definitely help you feel better!!! I''m so sorry you lost your pendant. I lost my everyday pendant about 2 months ago and still miss it dearly, but am hoping to replace it, though certainly not with something as lovely as that! ENJOY!!!

I''m so sorry for your loss! Is there a thread on it? I''ve been so swamped with work I haven''t been able to post much in the past 6 months or so. What type of pendant are you considering now? I''m still hoping to get a solitaire with a diamond halo, but it will have to wait until my birthday (November) or something now.

Thanks. I didn''t post about it because I was still hoping I''d find it and if I posted it would make it ''more real''. Does that make sense? It wasn''t an expensive pendant, just a few hundred dollars, but the sentimental value was very high. It was a white gold infinity heart pendant with a smattering of tiny diamonds, and I''d worn it almost every day since my bf gave it to me a couple of years ago. I think I lost it at Lowe''s as that was the only place I went all day. They said nobody ever turned it in and I searched the whole store, it was like it just vanished, or more likely somebody picked it up and kept it. I just feel incomplete without it and even though it''s giving me reason to wear my other nice jewelry, I miss having something to put on everyday, something that is just right.

I''m hoping for a replacement and I asked my BF if he would propose with a new one, since we''re planning on picking out the ring together afterwards. I''m not sure he''s going to do it, but it would mean more coming from him on that occasion rather than me just ordering it for myself. Have to ''re-imbue'' the sentimental value, I suppose.

I SOOO completely understand your ''more real'' comment as I did not post my loss here either--until I bought this new necklace (and I''m still holding out hope every time I go to PT that it will be there waiting for me). Your pendant sounds like it was beautiful, and that, like mine, it''s the sentimental part that can''t be replaced. Even though I do love the reactions I''ve received in the short period of time I''ve had my necklace my pendant was, well, perfect. And now it just seems to trendy to buy one. I dunno.

I love your idea of having your BF propose with a new pendant. That is the most wonderful idea ever! I know my hubby or parents will get me a new pendant for my 30th birthday so I can again have something special. I mean, a diamond necklace is always nice, but I''m the type who would wear a spaghetti necklace everyday if a child made one for me. You''re one smart girl to not just go out and get yourself a new necklace--it really is not the same no matter how much you may like it.

researcher

Ideal_Rock

Thoughts?

It might be a little more than the average person is used to seeing with tanks and capris, but as long as you feel comfortable in it, you''ll own the look and everyone else will say ''wow, look at that beautiful woman with that beautiful necklace!'' instead of ''hmm.... diamonds with tank tops?'' Know what I mean? Flaunt it girl, you''ve got it.
36.gif

You''re too sweet
9.gif
Fortunately for me I''ve got one friend who wears probably 20 cts worth of diamonds (earrings, necklaces, bracelets, and rings combined) on a daily basis so this little necklace won''t stand out too much, but, believe it or not, I''m not much of a jewelry person. Oh, I love to look and all but I primarily just wear 1 of 4 pairs of diamond earrings, my e-ring and w-band, sometimes an antique diamond RHR, and I used to just wear my pendant daily. My mom, on the other hand, changes her jewelry to match every outfit. No joke, she owns bracelets, necklaces, earrings--you name it, she has it, for almost every gemstone. And if she doesn''t yet own it, she''s on a mission to do so. Her current kick is buying everything in emerald cuts as ovals were her last fad. She''s too cute although my dad can''t stop shaking his head at her. Good thing she works or my dad would have cut her off years ago!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
researcher
35.gif

sorry to hear about your lost pendant
7.gif
but this new necklace WOW!!! congrats
30.gif
36.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
WOW MAMA! That looks beautiful on you!! So sorry you lost the other (argh!!!!
29.gif
)...but I''m sure this baby helps to ease the pain
36.gif

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/20/2006 5:54:52 PM

I SOOO completely understand your ''more real'' comment as I did not post my loss here either--until I bought this new necklace (and I''m still holding out hope every time I go to PT that it will be there waiting for me). Your pendant sounds like it was beautiful, and that, like mine, it''s the sentimental part that can''t be replaced. Even though I do love the reactions I''ve received in the short period of time I''ve had my necklace my pendant was, well, perfect. And now it just seems to trendy to buy one. I dunno.

I love your idea of having your BF propose with a new pendant. That is the most wonderful idea ever! I know my hubby or parents will get me a new pendant for my 30th birthday so I can again have something special. I mean, a diamond necklace is always nice, but I''m the type who would wear a spaghetti necklace everyday if a child made one for me. You''re one smart girl to not just go out and get yourself a new necklace--it really is not the same no matter how much you may like it.
Thanks! I''m just hoping he does! He was teasing me about it by saying "You mean I have to buy you a necklace AND a ring??? UGH!" But I''m hoping he likes the idea as much as I do because he was a bit floored when I specified that he could/should propose without a ring. He''s adjusted to the idea now, but it took a while! I just wish he''d hurry it up not just for the ring and the enagement, but so I can have my necklace again too!!! Ha. I''m a serious lady in waiting here! Of course, I could always show him YOUR necklace and say "how about something like that instead?!" but I think he''d have a heart attack! $300 vs whatever that could possibly go for... He''d realize how easy he has it!

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
So sorry to hear about your pendant researcher! It is so hard to lose something with so much sentimental value.

Your new necklace is absoutely gorgeous on you!!!!
30.gif

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, my! I''m sorry I missed this. I''m still crossing my fingers that you''ll find your old necklace...but wow...that new one looks stunning on you!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
That is so awful that you lost your solitaire pendant researcher, but I have to say that your new necklace is just stunning!!!

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/20/2006 11:51:38 AM
Author: conitta

Thoughts?

36.gif
Probably the avg. person does not own anything like that or they would be wearing one.I say wear it and show it off...yes FLAUNT IT! IT would really show up with a tank top. I wear my diamonds and colored stone jewelry and I am not a DRESSY type person...

I''m going to take your advice. Today I had the necklace on with a tank (albeit I was wearing the tank with my suit) and a sweet girl at the bank said she wanted to be me when she grew up because she loved my jewelry (and my genuine Birkin bag). It was too cute because I don''t even feel quite grown up yet as I''m 29. But, it was a nice compliment to get and I loved being able to be the one to tell the girl to stay in school and go for a Ph.D. if she wants to have lots of jewelry. She kinda gave me a look of, "you mean, you didn''t just marry rich like all the other women around here?" that made me think she actually lost a little respect for me instead of gained some, but who knows?

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/20/2006 12:40:23 PM
Author: canuk-gal
Date: 7/19/2006 11:52:57 PM

Author: poptart

I don''t think it will look too dressy for anything. It''s a tasteful size, classic, and GEORGEOUS! Wear it!
5.gif
HI:

I also echo these sentiments. To be sure it is a different look than a solitare pendant, but it does not necesssarily follow that it would be out of place with casual attire. Since when is elegant and tasteful jewellery out of place, anywhere? (well, I might draw the line at a bkiini!!!)
2.gif

cheers--Sharon

I could just see me on the beach with a bikini and all my diamonds--that would not be out of place or anything
9.gif
Too funny! I think I''ll use that line if anyone asks why I''m wearing diamonds with a tank: I''ll just say, "at least I''m not wearing the necklace with a bikini!". That should shut them up
36.gif
Too funny! Oh, and my mom agrees with you that elegance is elegance and can be carried off as long as the casual clothes are also elegant (which I tend to do--casual elegance, that is).

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/20/2006 12:53:40 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
I am so sorry to hear about your lost pendant! That is a good reminder to us all to make sure our insurance is up-to-date. I think the new necklace is gorgeous on you! If I had one, I''d wear it with more dressy things and wear a solitaire pendant for casual. I think there''s justification for having both kinds!

Thanks, and I do think it''s important to make sure your insurance is up to date. I''m extremely anal with those types of things, but my husband, well...let''s just say he''s not a details type of guy when it comes to things like insurance for my jewelry (he''s a software engineer).

I appreciate your opinion about when to wear the necklace. For now I think I''m going to wear it 24/7 because I don''t have the option of wearing a solitaire pendant, but I''m talking with Lesley at WF about getting a pendant made for my 30th so I''ll be able to switch between the two (the best of both worlds). Until then I think people will have to deal with me wearing a little extra bling
31.gif

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/20/2006 1:20:12 PM
Author: Mara
oh i''d be so bummed to lose the pendant...it''s funny how you can become attached to certain things especially when they have some meaning behind them or even just by wearing them daily they become special! the new necklace will do nicely but hopefully the pendant turns up at some point !!

Thanks, Mara!
It really is horrible losing something so special. I keep dreaming about losing and/or finding it. It''s horrible. I can''t tell you the number of times my hand goes to my neck in the day. The weird part is I never paid much attention to the necklace over the 4 years or so I wore it (isn''t it sad that I can''t remember exactly how long ago I finished my M.S.?!?!) but now that it''s gone I can''t get my mind off of it even when I sleep! So sad. I hope you''re right that this necklace will become special to me just by wearing it a lot, but I have a feeling it will just always remind me of what I lost....

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/20/2006 1:39:03 PM
Author: snlee
I''m sorry you lost your pendant. I hope it turns up somewhere. I''d be sooo sad if I lost my pendant! WOW - your new necklace is beautiful and looks great on you!

Thank you. I feel so much better knowing there are people who understand. My friends all have so much money and so much jewelry they just said, "get a replacement, something bigger and better". They just don''t get it. I guess when you''ve been given everything you''ve ever wanted from a young age you don''t appreciate things the same way. Although I''ve always been surrounded by people with wealth, my family has never been one of the really wealthy ones. So, I started working at an early age to get what I wanted, and both my parents always worked (and still do) for us to be able to live where we do. At any rate, it''s nice to have a place where I can tell people about my loss and have them understand--as well as appreciate the new purchase!

So THANK YOU, Everyone, for all your kind words.
35.gif

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/20/2006 3:27:33 PM
Author: KristyDarling
Gorgeous!!! ''Grace Kelly'' comes to mind.
36.gif

As for whether it''ll go with tank tops and shorts, I say do whatever you''re most comfy with! Anything goes and as long as you feel comfortable and confident wearing it, you will pull it off just fine!

KD,
Do you think the necklace has the power to make me look more like Grace Kelly than Pamela Anderson? If so, I''m NEVER taking it off!
31.gif
9.gif

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/20/2006 4:22:28 PM
Author: lili
Oooo, beautiful neckpiece.

I love how it looked like single solitaire diamonds from afar.

Million dollar look for a fraction of the price.

Congratulations on your new bling.

I wish a kind samaritan finds and return your missing solitaire.

The price sure is right for the look! That''s what I love about florets. I mean, I dunno about you but no one should be looking that closely at my neck/chest anyway
2.gif
I''m still keeping my fingers crossed that someone will return my pendant, but I''m not keeping my hopes up too much at this point.

Thanks for the compliment!

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/20/2006 9:46:47 PM
Author: Dancing Fire
researcher
35.gif

sorry to hear about your lost pendant
7.gif
but this new necklace WOW!!! congrats
30.gif
36.gif

DF,
Thank you, Handsome!
I really appreciate it. The new necklace is fun. My hubby said he hopes it blinds anyone trying to check me out
10.gif
9.gif
I told him for that I need a 10ctw necklace....

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/21/2006 9:02:56 AM
Author: moremoremore
WOW MAMA! That looks beautiful on you!! So sorry you lost the other (argh!!!!
29.gif
)...but I''m sure this baby helps to ease the pain
36.gif

Thanks, MMM!
Have you been MIA as well or have I just been gone that long? How many new purses do you have? Any new jewelry projects? Miss you!
35.gif

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/21/2006 10:40:48 AM
Date: 7/20/2006 5:54:52 PM

Thanks! I''m just hoping he does! He was teasing me about it by saying ''You mean I have to buy you a necklace AND a ring??? UGH!'' But I''m hoping he likes the idea as much as I do because he was a bit floored when I specified that he could/should propose without a ring. He''s adjusted to the idea now, but it took a while! I just wish he''d hurry it up not just for the ring and the enagement, but so I can have my necklace again too!!! Ha. I''m a serious lady in waiting here! Of course, I could always show him YOUR necklace and say ''how about something like that instead?!'' but I think he''d have a heart attack! $300 vs whatever that could possibly go for... He''d realize how easy he has it!

I''m sure he will go for it. How could he not? And that boy does need to get on the ball or he''s going to have a bunch of random PSers emailing him photos of necklaces and diamonds that will increase in tcw and price as the days go by!
31.gif
Seriously, I love the pendant idea because you will always have something to wear close to your heart to remind you of the day he proposed. Make sure he knows the importance of that, of the fact that, when your fingers swell from pregnancy (if you have kids) or you go on vacation and have to leave your rings at home, you will always have your pendant to wear. What could be more perfect?!?!

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/21/2006 4:59:58 PM
Author: hlmr
So sorry to hear about your pendant researcher! It is so hard to lose something with so much sentimental value.

Your new necklace is absoutely gorgeous on you!!!!
30.gif

Thanks, Sweetie!
It is hard, but at least it was just something material. I''ll get over it eventually
1.gif

How is your handsome boy doing? Is he enjoying his summer break?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results