shape
carat
color
clarity

Searching for a 2ct+/- brilliant sky blue-corn flowe blue sapphire for minimal setting E-ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That''s going to be a very very cool ring!!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very nice!

trishy

Shiny_Rock
i love the color of your stone!!, even more love the re-cut and i cant wait to see the finished ring via hand shots
4.gif

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Great stone and great setting design.

dancingflame

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful color! I''m glad this turnexd out well and I hope to see the finished ring soon.
28.gif

kitoto

Rough_Rock
My ring is back home today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kitoto11101.jpg

kitoto

Rough_Rock
sooooooooooooooooooooo happy! thank you sooooooooooooo much guys for making this happen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
lovely: congratulations!

mz

ps and i so love that you also admit to having been annoyed re the critique you rec''d re the first stone.......its all part of getting educated. and it paid off for you with a lovely stone.

Largosmom

Brilliant_Rock
I just love this setting for this really pretty stone...you did great, in my opinion!

How is the comfort on the hand?

Laura

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, your stone looks AMAZING in that setting. Love it, love it, love it!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pretty stone and a very sleek modern design.
36.gif

haagen_dazs

Brilliant_Rock
wow looks very very pretty
love to see the CAD and final photos all together =)
enjoy the new ring!

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
It looks great! I''m so glad you ended up with a well done stone that is what you wanted!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful! Congratulations!

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, that ring is gorgeous!!
18.gif

kitoto

Rough_Rock

Thank you sooooo much everyone for your kind words! I LOVE the ring! I am so proud of it! And I really would have just settled with a $200 ring from Macys had I not been continually educated by this forum and your insights... I am soooo happy and grateful for all of you who participated in my project!

Laura, it is VERY comfortable. I am not a jewelry person and have hardly worn any ring in my life but it is not bugging my at all. I think the " trapezoid" shape really help to snug my finger and hold the ring in place (not moving around). I think the overall thickness and depth helps too. It is really not as chunky as I was afraid it would be. Instead, it''s still bold but with a feminant touch.
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

trishy

Shiny_Rock
WOWWWWW!!!! that looks AMAZING!! TRULY!! congrats!! it really looks magical, dreamy...you must got lost staring at it... i know i am
30.gif
30.gif

be careful driving with that baby on
4.gif

Leaf Girl

Rough_Rock
Kitoto, I LOVE it!
30.gif

I want a blue sapphire for my Ering too. You said you wanted an icy blue, but in the pics it looks more blue-green to me. A blue-green stone is what I''m after. Can I ask how much the ring cost all up??

Thanks!

tapio

Shiny_Rock
What a great question. I think researching and honesty is the best policy.

Now some of the women out there won''t think highly of me when I say this, but I dated on and off my high-school sweet-heart for 13 years. When we got married I could not afford an engagement ring. It was a triple gold banded cartier. It was all I could afford. Fast forward to another 13 years. I finally had enough money to afford the ring my wife wanted. She wanted a real, medium light blue sapphire with a diamond on either side.

I did not rush it, but researched for two year possibilities and prices. I finally came across a beautiful combination and really... at this point price was no object. I wanted quality versus quantity. I''ve never regretted it since. Something simple three stones - centre sapphire between 1 -2 carats. Diamonds .5 either side. I gave it to her in Central Park.

I''m not going to tell you where to buy. You must research and come to your own conclusions. There have been many good suggestions thus far. There is nothing wrong with buying a heated or synthetic stone as long as you know that''s what you are doing and I would say please tell your fiance as well.

My wife understood the money problem when we first got married; maybe your''s will too. And, then all in good time. After all when my wife and I got married it was for respect and love of one and other -- it was not for a stone. The stone happened later.

Women may pipe in... what would you rather have the truth and what was affordable? or, not the truth and then find out by accident?

Sincerely,

tapio

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/27/2009 1:59:00 PM
Author: tapio
What a great question. I think researching and honesty is the best policy.

Now some of the women out there won''t think highly of me when I say this, but I dated on and off my high-school sweet-heart for 13 years. When we got married I could not afford an engagement ring. It was a triple gold banded cartier. It was all I could afford. Fast forward to another 13 years. I finally had enough money to afford the ring my wife wanted. She wanted a real, medium light blue sapphire with a diamond on either side.

I did not rush it, but researched for two year possibilities and prices. I finally came across a beautiful combination and really... at this point price was no object. I wanted quality versus quantity. I''ve never regretted it since. Something simple three stones - centre sapphire between 1 -2 carats. Diamonds .5 either side. I gave it to her in Central Park.

I''m not going to tell you where to buy. You must research and come to your own conclusions. There have been many good suggestions thus far. There is nothing wrong with buying a heated or synthetic stone as long as you know that''s what you are doing and I would say please tell your fiance as well.

My wife understood the money problem when we first got married; maybe your''s will too. And, then all in good time. After all when my wife and I got married it was for respect and love of one and other -- it was not for a stone. The stone happened later.

Women may pipe in... what would you rather have the truth and what was affordable? or, not the truth and then find out by accident?

Sincerely,

tapio
The final gemstone and ring is as shown above and is very lovely indeed. All credit to Dana''s superior cutting - it looks a totally different gemstone and has just come alive.

tapio

Shiny_Rock
From tapio,

If you''re set on NSC. They provide a top quality product. Can you haggle. Well the more you spend in $ the more the seller has room to haggle. If you''re looking at under $3,000 that doesn''t give a lot of haggle room. I can''t speak for them. I personally like to develop a fair relationship and first purchase I pay and trust. After that I would bet you could haggle 10% without any problem. Remember it''s a two way street and a vendor doesn''t have to sell to you if they get bad vibes. Don''t be ridiculous in haggling. On the other hand I think they just had a Christmas sales with 10-15% off so ask. It doesn''t hurt

It is tough in the gem market these days and all though it''s a buyers market. You must leave the middle man with some integrity and profit in tact -- they do have a lot of knowledge and are mostly very helpful.

If you live anywhere close to NYC make an appointment and go and visit them. They are very approachable. Su Su is great.

tapio

vinkalmann

Shiny_Rock
Wow! Nice job with the ring, I love the way that it shows off the stone! Congratulations.

It''s really amazing how the re-cut really took the stone from being so-so to being great.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results