shape
carat
color
clarity

my new JKT aqua ring - real life photos!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
thanks geckodani!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Katie I love your ring. It is gorgeous and it looks beautiful on you. LOVE the color of that aqua.
30.gif

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Oh, I LOVE that!!!

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
thank you princessplease, Linda and glitterata! I stared at this thing ALL day yesterday! If I daydream hard enough, it''s like a little round swimming pool...
emteeth.gif

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Katie, would you mind telling me how wide the band is? Julia is making a somewhat similar setting for my I1 S Infinity and I''m trying to visualize the measurements she''s given me.

Many thanks!

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi glitterata, I would guess it''s around 3mm before it splits.
emsmile.gif

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, the process has started. Our rings will definitely be cousins
28.gif
For my ring, the body is in silver but the accents /halo are in 18K.

Once I get the final design from her I''ll post it,it looks SOOOOO GUUUUUUD *lol*

-A

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh WOW! It is electric! I love the setting too! JUST BEAUTIFUL!
30.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What an elegant ring. That stone looks great in a bezel!! Congratulations on a successful project!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Katiedid, it''s beautiful! I have a question, and if you don''t feel comfortable answering, just say so. But I was wondering how much you paid for this custom design. I just bought a beautiful "fat marquise" shaped blue zircon (from our own FrekeChild) that I''d like to bezel and set east/west in a similar "James Meyer-esque" design. I was just wondering how affordable Julia''s prices were for a similar custom piece. Thanks!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
That ring is gorgeous!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/2/2009 2:14:23 PM
Author: jstarfireb
Katiedid, it''s beautiful! I have a question, and if you don''t feel comfortable answering, just say so. But I was wondering how much you paid for this custom design. I just bought a beautiful ''fat marquise'' shaped blue zircon (from our own FrekeChild) that I''d like to bezel and set east/west in a similar ''James Meyer-esque'' design. I was just wondering how affordable Julia''s prices were for a similar custom piece. Thanks!

Hey Jstar,
I hope Katie doesn''t mind, but I was asked the same Q in my JKT thread, so I thought I would post what I had there:

"Julia has mentioned to me a range of ~$170 for more basic silver settings,
through to ~$350 for bi-metal, something a little more complex.
I''ve found her very reasonable for the level of service and craftsmanship,
plus she was willing to work with me on a strict budget I had, so honestly I would just ask her.
She really is a perfectionist, and keeps very high standards on her work."

I hope that helps
35.gif

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Thank you AJ! I''m definitely hoping for less than $200; not sure if that''s a possibility with this kind of setting. Based on the sales I see on her Etsy site, this seems to be almost like a stock piece (she''s referring to it as the Katie ring). So that might be promising for me. I also wonder if I might get a better price in sterling as opposed to argentium...

I have 3 stones to set (probably 2 by Sally and 1 by Julia), and even on Etsy, custom settings aren''t cheap!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/2/2009 10:17:22 PM
Author: jstarfireb
Thank you AJ! I''m definitely hoping for less than $200; not sure if that''s a possibility with this kind of setting. Based on the sales I see on her Etsy site, this seems to be almost like a stock piece (she''s referring to it as the Katie ring). So that might be promising for me. I also wonder if I might get a better price in sterling as opposed to argentium...

I have 3 stones to set (probably 2 by Sally and 1 by Julia), and even on Etsy, custom settings aren''t cheap!

No worries jstar,
I can''t say for sure, but my guess would be that setting would come in under 200 in sterling.
I''m not sure of the price increase in Arg, but I don''t think it''s much..
Yes, I noticed a bunch of ppl ordered one after Katie''s ring was finished!

I take my 3 stone ring from her as a steal, considering the effort and quality of work and materials put into it
5.gif

Just shoot her a convo - she is always very helpful, although I know she is currently inundated with orders from PS! Check out her sold gallery while you''re there - lots of amazing pieces being created.
1.gif

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Great - will do when the time comes. I don''t have the stone yet (just bought it from Freke today!), but I''m sure it will burn a hole in my pocket as soon as it arrives.

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
She''s working on my setting currently (Katie, thank you for the measurement, very helpful), and I have to say, she really is a painstaking artist. She really cares about getting it right. I think her prices are very low for the amount of thought and work she puts into the pieces.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/3/2009 12:36:54 AM
Author: glitterata
She''s working on my setting currently (Katie, thank you for the measurement, very helpful), and I have to say, she really is a painstaking artist. She really cares about getting it right. I think her prices are very low for the amount of thought and work she puts into the pieces.

big ditto to all the above! I can''t wait for the time to design my next piece with her.
5.gif

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry jstar - just wanted to chime in and say I think under $200 is probably accurate. Can''t wait to see everyone''s JKT creations!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Thanks katiedid! She quoted me $175. As soon as the stone arrives in the mail and I spend some time staring at it, I''ll send it out and get started!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW I just LOVE your new ring. The stone and the setting are perfect together. Now I''m off to look at her site.
21.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well I can''t find your ring on her site. But your photos are so good I came back to look at them again.

How much light does this setting let in to your stone??? I''m looking for a setting that allows alot of light to reach the stone.

THANKS

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, my!

A very late WOW!!

That bright white and baby blue colour combo, that perfect side profile - what a stunner!

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Fabulous ring, looks great on you. Julia is getting my blue spinel to set. I think her work is amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results