shape
carat
color
clarity

Show us YOUR dress!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

shinythings

Shiny_Rock
thanks cleopatra! I never would have tried it on but it was on the (size 0!) mannequin and looked great.
its marisa 734. everyone''s dresses are lovely!

april diamonds

Shiny_Rock
Harleigh - that dress is CRAZY for the price. And i don''t understand...WHERE is it tight on you??? Gorgeous! (love the hair btw!)

Mandarine - LOVE how your dress compliments your Spanish theme. You look really lovely and romantic!

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Thanks April, that''s so sweet of you!!!!!
9.gif
9.gif

M~

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Man, I wish I would have known about the Brides section of PS a year ago! It''s been 2 months since I''ve been in this dress, but thought it might still be fun to share. I''m still lousy at posting pics, so I hope this works.

A bit about the dress - it was a Jacqueline Bridals from I think Spring 2004. When I tried on the floor sample, it looked awful on me, but I just loved the dress - it reminded me a lot of my mom''s. The first photo is from my first fitting, the second is from the wedding.

My bridal store''s seamstress thought I was absolutely nuts when I told her what I wanted to do with this dress, but in the end, she agreed that it was absolutely perfect. :)

firstdressfitting2.jpg

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
We gave the dress a slight sweetheart neck, detached the skirt, cut off about a foot at the waist and took off the train and then re-attached it to the bodice with gathers at the waist, took out the zipper back and put in a corset back, and, last minute, made a little square bow at the waist instead of a floppy bow like the original. Let''s just say I had a few fittings
2.gif
but it was so worth it!

wedding616.jpg

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve posted my dress before but not in this thread. Here''s a pic of the back and the front of the dress, side by side:

dress front and back.JPG

lauralu

Brilliant_Rock
ELMORTON: You look gorgeous in that dress. What vision you had!!!!!!!!!! It looks especially flattering and fitted just in the right places. Good Job Girl!!!!!! You must have been very proud of yourself!
CONGRATS!!!!

happilyeverafter

Shiny_Rock
Here is mine - this isn''t me in it though - some girl on ebay was selling hers and had taken good pics of it. The designer pics are of the model sitting down so it doesn''t show much, and i don''t have any of me in it yet. I can''t wait to wear it!!!!

Here is the whole thing...

HEAfront.jpg

happilyeverafter

Shiny_Rock
and the v-waist with brooch (looks funny cause it''s still in the bag)

HEAdetail.jpg

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Elmorton: What a great redo -- totally changed it to fabulous! And you looked incredible in it, too.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
HollyS and LauraLu - Thank you so much for your compliments! There were times in the process that I was a little nervous about the end product, but I definitely recommend thinking "outside the box" (with an experienced seamstress!).
1.gif

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
oh my- elmorton. what a great "AFTER" shot. you have style, girl!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Hi Mandarine & Holly, you are both WAY too kind!

Thanks for the nice compliments, but I really can''t stand how the dress pulls at the waist! I would prefer it to lay flat and I do think breathing would be an added feature, as well!

And no, I don''t have any "suck it in" garments on underneath...first of all, I don''t think they make them small enough for me, and two, I really don''t think there is ANY room underneath for any sucking in garments!!!
9.gif

I think I will go on a fast like DKS mentioned and see how it looks after that! Otherwise, I will see what a good seamstress says about it. It''s a gorgeous gown, but if it doesn''t work, I''m only out 99 cents and the shipping fee!

StarSpun

Shiny_Rock
Awesome post! I loved to look at all the pretty brides and the pretty dresses!
Ok, well here is mine, at the fitting. Sorry, my head is cut off, cause I was feeling ''bloated'' that day. I told Bryan that if he took my face, he would never see me in it;-)
HAHA, so cruel! ;-)

Anyway, here it is. It was the first I tried on, and everyone in the room was like, BAM!
So, it was the one!
I adore it!

original.aspx

nomissjane

Shiny_Rock
This was the back of mine....not a great shot, but shows what the back was like....

Resized photo 2.JPG

nomissjane

Shiny_Rock
and the front view....MOH in the background.

Resized photo 3.JPG

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s mine. I had to blur my MOH''s face out, but that''s her bridesmaid''s dress she''s wearing. She''s a tall, gorgeous woman but I don''t want to post her pic without permission!

menmelgblurred.jpg

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
I never posted mine!! My mom made it for me...
This one shows how sheer the overlay was:

Daddy and Daughtikins.jpg

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
...and this shows some of the detail and the back.
1.gif
Thanks for looking!

back of ddddress.jpg

floridagirl

Rough_Rock
Here''s mine! It''s the same as MelissaSue''s - Symphony S1197

GownBackViewFlagirl2.jpg

floridagirl

Rough_Rock
Here''s another! 12 days and counting! I wish the pics showed how it sparkles. It has sequins but you can''t see them! Anyway, I love the dress. I did a search to see if anyone else had the dress and lo and behold, found that Melissa Sue had the same dress!

dressfrontFlorgirl2.jpg

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/12/2007 10:56:12 AM
Author: floridagirl
I do love this dress; the scalloped lace is very unique. Very elegant, romantic, and you look wonderful in it! (So did MelissaSue!)

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
That dress is TO DIE FOR both of you! I bought a couple more off of ebay that are cute (I''ll have to post them again when they get here,) but this dress is just gorgeous! I LOVE all of the detail!

floridagirl

Rough_Rock
Oh wow, Harleigh and HollyS. Thank you so much! I really got a great deal on this dress because it is an older style. I really do love the details and the lace and sequins. I have a simple waist length sheer double veil with no trim to wear with it so you can see the back of the dress through the veil. I wanted either a sheath or mermaid style and found this one.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/12/2007 10:56:12 AM
Author: floridagirl
I love, love, love the back of this dress. Just beautiful!

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
I stumbled on here after looking at Dani''s e-pics (she posts on the thread I''m on sometimes.....) and I just have to play...I loved my dress, I wish I could wear it all the time.

Its a Romona Keveza (I married in december 2001), from her Legendary Brides collection, in Diamond white silk with sterling silver & swarovski crystal straps.....fitted with train...loved it loved it loved it. So glad I''m having a daugther & that I took care to preserve it properly. Its hers if she wants it!!!

This is the back...

Be right back.jpg

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
and the front...a better shot of straps....

Almost Married.jpg

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
last one..hard to find a good shot of it...it was a dream to wear.

crop123.jpg

chellebelle

Shiny_Rock
I just realized I haven't posted my dress on here and thought I'd share. Well I've shown pics of me trying the sample on, but not *my* dress.
1.gif
I can't believe I've been married for over 2 months already!!!

Hopefully this works, I'm awful at uploading pics on here....

mssunsetpic.jpg

chellebelle

Shiny_Rock
I also had a lace bolero made that I wore for the ceremony and part of the reception. It matched the alencon lace on the bottom part of my dress and train.

lacebolero.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results