shape
carat
color
clarity

Bridal Weight Loss Thread

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

blacksand

Brilliant_Rock
I was supposed to start Level 3 on Sunday, but I just...didn't. FI's nephew (my soon-to-be nephew, too!) was born on Thursday late night, and we were at the hospital all night, then I had to go to NYC for a major meeting on Friday first thing in the morning on no sleep, and then we spent Saturday recovering, and then Sunday was our anniversary, and Monday was the Fourth, so I just...didn't do anything. So, having not worked out at all since Thursday morning, I blindly and foolishly attempted Level 3 this morning.

Oh my God. I had to stop so many times just to breathe. So much jumping! This is the first time in all 3 levels that my quads have actually felt sore. I can handle the mostly static squats in the other levels, but the plyometrics in Level 3 are nuts. My legs burn! Ab exercises were rough, too. I have to say, though, I don't feel it in my arms nearly as much as I did in the other levels. There's not as much bicep/tricep work in this one. I kind of...miss the burn in my arms. And I never thought I would say that.

nkarma

Brilliant_Rock
Can I join??? I am going on my first anniversary trip to Mexico where we got married in 6.5 weeks, I would love to get to my ultimate goal weight and you ladies were such a support when I lost weight for my wedding. So, here are my stats:

Starting weight: 150
Goal weight: 138
By: 8/20/11

Doing 1400-1500 calories/day and very limited alcohol.

blacksand

Brilliant_Rock
Come on down, nkarma! Looks like you're not too far off from your goal. I bet you'll be there in no time. And Mexico will be amazing. Where did you get married? I've never been to Mexico; still dying to go someday.

I still have a TON of weight to lose, and am only down 1 lb. since starting the Shred, but I measured my waist today and it was 2.5 inches smaller than last time I measured it. I'm thinking I either did something wrong last time I measured, or did something wrong today, because if I really lost 2.5 inches off my waist, I'd weigh quite a bit less, right? That can't be right, but it was nice to not feel like a porker for a few minutes, anyway! Off to shred...late night today.

merilenda

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely, welcome, nkarma! Your trip sounds like it will be fantastic!

I haven't weighed myself for a couple weeks. Honestly, I'm having trouble getting the healthy eating and the working out to go together. I was eating really well for a while and not working out. The last few weeks, I've been working out every day, but my healthy eating has gotten...less healthy.

That's great about the inches, blacksand! It can make sense to be losing inches, but not pounds. You're probably just getting really toned! I know I'm losing inches, because I've bought some clothes recently and I'm down 2 sizes. Which means...I'm about down to my average size. I'm hoping to get to my thin size by September.

I'm impressed that you've moved onto level 3! You're kind of scaring me though. Level 2 has been bad enough for me this week. I think I'll try to move up to level 3 next week.

blacksand

Brilliant_Rock
I don't think I've lost quite as many inches as all that, but I have lost a little something. I don't know exactly where I measured last time, but even if I measure around the thickest part, love handles and all, it's still half an inch less than my last measurement. So I must be getting smaller. My clothes don't really feel loose, but than again, most of them were tight before. Now they are feeling more like they fit properly, so at least there seems to be some improvement. My weight was back up this morning, though. I had only lost a pound anyway, but it was back on today. Hopefully just a temporary swing. But I am at my heaviest weight ever, and it's disgusting.

I guess I need to get more serious about my diet. I'm the same as you, merilenda. If I exercise, I tend not to diet. I have energy, I kick butt, I feel good, but the weight doesn't come off. If I diet, I tend not to exercise. I have zero energy and I'm always tired when I restrict my caloric intake. Who wants to exercise when you feel like crap? I have yet to strike a good balance. I have been trying to focus on just eating healthier and incorporating more fruits and vegetables instead of actually dieting, but it's just not working. Grrr. My metabolism sucks.

Congrats on getting down to your average size! You're definitely doing something right!

nkarma

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for welcoming me ladies...I am happy I made it through day 1! 41 more to go! I bet they will go by fast and I do feel so motivated.

Congrats to both of you with your progress! I know it is hard to go slowly, but for me, the weight stays off when I do. Blacksand, I wouldn't weigh yourself everyday. I only weigh myself once a week, so that you don't see the varying fluctuations that come with time of day, menstrual cycle, food, etc... and then I don't get discouraged when it goes up.

I agree with you both about not being able to do healthy eating + working out hardcore simultaneously. It is just so much easier for me to restrict calories (aka not eat that cookie) then it is for me to go run 2 miles to burn off that cookie, so I chose eating less with moderate exercise (running 3-4 miles/week). In the past I have totally been able to lose 1-2 lbs/week that way and hopefully it will be the same this time too.

4ever

Ideal_Rock
Apart from FI and I eating a whole batch of chocolate brownies between us this weekend, things are going well.

Since mind Feb I've lost 6.4kgs (14.1lbs) and it's not really been that hard.

I'm aiming for at least another 3.6kgs by April next year to make it an even 10.

blacksand

Brilliant_Rock
Well done, 4ever! That's a lot of weight you've lost. Like a small child's worth of weight! You're obviously doing something right!

I can't believe I'm on my eighth day doing Level 3. Today I did the advanced version of the traveling pushups for the first time. Actually, I did the advanced version of almost everything. I still do the beginner version of the planks with leg and arm raises on the weights, but mostly because it hurts my hands to hold all my body weight on top of the hand weights! I also still have to do the mountain climbers half and half. I do four jumping ones, then four step-touch-step-touch, because otherwise I can't breathe. I really don't know why mountain climbers kick my butt so hard. They don't seem like they should be that hard. I guess I'm just wimpy. But I'm almost done! I'm definitely much stronger, but not getting much of anywhere with the weight loss yet. I'll weight myself again in two days and see, I guess!

nkarma

Brilliant_Rock
Good job 4 ever...that is a lot of weight! Congrats on making it to Level 3 blacksand...that is tough!

Good news for me. I weighed myself this morning and am at 147.5 lbs!!! Less than 10 lbs and 5 weeks to go! I am doing mostly good on food. On Saturday I went to a potluck picnic and who knows how much I ate but there were at least 3 small cupcakes. Since then I have been really good. I keep trying to focus on the positive. I went to a club for my good friend's bday and didn't drink anything. I went to my favorite pub and didn't drink anything. For me that is some serious self control, but it looks like it is working. I also struggle with hard core work outs. I went running once last week and will go today and plan to play tennis with DH tonight. Otherwise it has been 45 min+ walks several times a week. I want to get a little more hardcore but at least it is working and I have to eat 100 less calories if I didn't work out that day.

blacksand

Brilliant_Rock
Well done nkarma! That's some pretty fast weight loss. Awesome.

I finished my 10th and last day of Level 3 today. I did the advanced version of everything except the planks at the end (on top of the weights, with arm and leg lifts), the side planks and the mountain climbers (but I'm doing the mountain climbers half beginner version, half advanced). I didn't take any breaks or drop many reps. Maybe one or two reps while I was grabbing my weights or standing up, but no intentional breaks. I am exhausted but I feel like I kicked some major behind. And...I'm done! I can't believe it. I'm not sure where to go from here. I feel so strong. I can't believe I got through the whole thing with the 5 lb. dumbbells. I remember how I thought my arms were going to fall off after the first day of Level 1. But I stuck to it, and now I have muscles. I've never had muscle tone in my arms before!

So next week I will take a little time to get back into running, and the week after that I'm supposed to start (gulp) training for a marathon! I'm kind of terrified. But finishing the 30-Day Shred gives me some confidence. At least I know I was able to finish that out. Hope I can say the same for marathon training.

Weight loss still isn't really happening. I'm down about 2.5 lbs. overall, but it's taken me about 6 weeks of strict diet and rigorous exercise to get there. I'd really like to lose a little faster than that! But I know some of it is muscle gain. I can see the definition in my arms and legs. I just hope once the muscle gain works itself out, I will finally be able to actually lose some weight. I have a good 40 lbs. to lose, so it really shouldn't be this hard.

nkarma

Brilliant_Rock
Blacksand, it is amazing that you finished!!! Isn't it the best feeling ever when you accomplish something so tough? Now you can definitely use this to get through the next challenge...a marathon!

As far as weight loss have you tried weight watchers? I don't know anyone who hasn't seen results in that program. They take into account how much you work out, your age, and current weight to set healthy portions that lead to weightloss. Just an idea if you are struggling on the food side.

4ever

Ideal_Rock
7.7kgs (16.9lbs) down, 2.3kgs to go!

nkarma

Brilliant_Rock
Really great job 4ever!!! You are so close!

I weighed in at 147 on Friday which is great though this weekend was really bad in terms of eating. I need to focus this week!

4ever

Ideal_Rock
nkarma, often it's easier to focus once your've had a bit of a splurge and gotten all those cravings out of the way, I'm sure you'll do great this week!

nkarma

Brilliant_Rock
That is so true 4ever. Thanks for the support!! I am back on track and feeling good. I have a soccer game and two 2 mile runs this week. Plus I have been great with food the last 2 days.

merilenda

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry I've been MIA! I've been so busy preparing to move, etc. Blacksand, that's so great that you finished! I missed a week in there when we were out of town, plus I've taken a day off here and there, but I've stuck to it pretty well. I have absolutely no idea what day I'm on though. I just did each level for a while until I decided to move up to the next. After doing level 3 for a while, I decided to start alternating levels each day. I started with level 1 on Monday, did level 2 yesterday, and should do 3 today. Level 1 felt so easy while I was doing it! I couldn't believe it when I remembered how hard it was at first.

But then yesterday, I woke up SO sore. I haven't been this sore since I originally started the shred. So I have absolutely no idea what the deal is with that. But my legs are really hurting.

Great job on your weight loss, nkarma and 4ever! I've pretty much stopped weighing myself regularly. I'm just continuing to exercise daily and trying to eat healthy.

blacksand

Brilliant_Rock
Well, it took me a whopping 8 weeks, but I have finally lost my first 5 [very stubborn] lbs.! I started my marathon training program yesterday. My quads are a bit sore today after my second training run (I was probably going a bit too fast), but I have a cross training day tomorrow, so that should give me some relief! I'm not sure what to do for my cross training. My training plan recommends swimming or pool running, but I don't have access to a pool. So I was thinking I'd do some dance or yoga or something? Still not sure.

I've been really good with my eating, but I know I'll be splurging this weekend at the county fair! I think my body is just really holding on to every last calorie. I used to be able to lose weight easily, but these days it's like my body knows all the diet tricks and exercise there are, and just doesn't want to budge. After not budging in my weight at all for weeks, I magically lost 2 of those 5 lbs. in the last 3 days (no joke). So I'm hoping that means I have finally busted through the "plateau" (can you call it a plateau if it's at the beginning of your weight loss plan?), and will be able to lose weight at a more normal pace from now on. I'm not looking for miracles. A pound a week would be nice! Please?

So I'm 5 lbs. down, 40 or so still to go. It's a long road ahead!

asymons412

Shiny_Rock
Okay, I'm finally back on this thread! Refresher: I want to lose 10-15lbs by Sept 1 2012.

Current: 138
Goal: 125 (ish)

I started leasing a new horse two weeks ago and have been riding 5 days a week, which has certainly helped the lower half of my body! Unfortunately, I haven't lost a pound (and have actually been weighing in a pound up), but it might be due to the sudden increase in muscle in my legs/butt. I was sore as heck for the first week of riding, but I've regained my seat and my thighs look better, which leads me to think (hope!) it's muscle.

FI and I have an elliptical and a bowflex, so I've added cardio + abs every other day to my regimen, starting today. We'll see where it goes! It feels good to be active again. :appl:

Wow, PS, I just read over the thread-- incredible job guys! :o Keep up the good work!

asymons412

Shiny_Rock
I have that same difficulty of balancing eating right and exercising... I eat like mad when I exercise regularly! so what I do is stock up the house with lots of healthy snacks in anticipation of my exercise-induced hunger rampages :lol: (light yogurt & cheerios is a favourite; applesauce, pre-portioned (in ziplocs!) low fat wheat thins, celery and peanut butter, etc) and eat those instead of eating just anything in the fridge. I feel better if I'm eating low-fat low-processed foods.

4ever

Ideal_Rock
Since I am sitting here PSing and drinking a white russia out of a martini glass, I would have to say I fail at dieting right now......

Oh well ;)) :bigsmile:

asymons412

Shiny_Rock
So it's been a while since this thread has been updated, and I haven't exactly lost weight, but I have toned & put on on plenty of muscle! :appl:

I started doing pole dance fitness several times a week, and I love it! I started because I wanted to improve my upper body strength (and therefore my shoulders and arms, for that strapless dress!) and frankly because I needed to get out of the house/lab and do something physical.

There are pole aeorbics and bootcamp classes as well as trick-oriented classes, and I really enjoy the fact that I'm not dreading my workouts. The best part is that I'm always motivated to go back, because with each class my upper body and core get a little bit stronger, and I can do tricks that are a little more advanced!

Anyway, just wanted to drop a line to HIGHLY recommend finding a pole dance fitness studio in your area! It's kind of a great confidence booster, too... :halo:

4ever

Ideal_Rock
I've been neglecting this thread but really want to know how everyone's been doing.

I'm still loosing weight, last count almost 8kgs (17lbs) total- so it's slowed down a lot but I'm not too concerned, I think I'll get there- I'd still like to loose another couple of Kgs. My aim is to loose it in a really sustainable way, I don't want to go mad on diet shakes and exercise 6 days a week because I know I wouldn't have the motivation to maintain that post wedding and I'll just put it all back on again.

I'm also just now at the stage of adjusting my mind to fit my new size. I started trying on my party dresses for this years Christmas functions and they were all unwearably at least a size too big, and I was a bit shocked. Also I was at our work Christmas party and one of the girls showed me a photo they took of FI and I. I looked skinny :) I guess I just don't FEEL much smaller, I still feel like I have so much to loose.

vanilla87

Shiny_Rock
Hi ya!! I'm getting on board this thread! Wedding planned for 15th december next year and need to loose approx 7kgs. Not a lot but lots of toning up is needed! Looking forward to sharing stories and supporting u lovely ladies :)

Snowy

Shiny_Rock
I'd love to join the thread!

I'd like to lose 7 pounds and tone up. I've been neglecting my gym membership in this cold weather and have been eating and hibernating... and my wedding/honeymoon is in four months!

Although my wedding dress currently fits like a glove so I'm terrified that if I lose weight, I have to go get it altered or tailored which was not in the budget!

Blacksand: Did you do the Jillian Micheals workout dvd?? I did that for a week before I twisted my ankle and then never went back! :oops:

cushionsparkle

Rough_Rock
Oh please count me IN!!

I'm bouncing around between 149 and 152 lbs and my goal is 136 (height is 5'10).
I have a year and 2 months till the wedding, but purchased my dress this weekend.. it fits almost perfectly (if anything just a smidge too tight), but any toning and small losses would help. I have alot of time to get this done too, since my first fitting won't be till July this year. Plenty of time to lose 13lbs.

Mostly I just want to make sure I'm tighter and more toned (ESPECIALLY on the arms!!).
I'm doing weights at the gym, pilates dvd's and walks to the beach up HUGE hills, hoping to lose it slowly but keep it off.

Good luck girls!

Weigh in today after weekend festivities : 153lbs. OOPS!!

See you next week for check in. xxx

4ever

Ideal_Rock
Nice to see a few new faces here!

I'm still on 8kgs lost. I did get down a couple more kgs a couple of weeks ago but I'm thinking it was probably mostly dehydration :sick:

I'm not sure when to go from here, it would be good to make it a nice even 10kgs lost (or even a little bit more) but I don't want to loose any weight I'm just going to put back of after the wedding.

FI is back to the gym at the end of this month and I think the next step might be to join him and try my very best to enjoy it so I can keep it up for good.

cushionsparkle

Rough_Rock
Congrats 4ever!! 8 kgs is a HUGE achievement; I bet you look absolutely amazing.

I find once I get to a plateau changing my workouts from cardio focused to weights focused really helps.
By building lean muscle mass you will increase your metabolism which should kick start things again.

This time around I am doing alot more weights than I used to (in saying that I didn't go to the gym today or do any exercise on Sunday. oooops. Have been a very good girl today with my high protein cereal for breakfast, tofu curry for lunch and bbq chicken with salad for dinner.

Trying to decrease my portion sizes and up my exercise this week; aiming to get back to 150 lbs by the end of this week and then 147 ish the week after. Have a HUGE work conference all next week, so exercise will be difficult as I am travelling nationally but hopefully me being busy will keep me on track and the hotel should have a gym.

4ever

Ideal_Rock
Ok, I totally forgot about this thread but I'm finally reached my goal of 10kg (22lbs) lost. Woop! Yay for last minute stress weight loss :lol:

I'm feeling pretty good but I would like to get into some more regular excise post wedding and see how it goes - I do think I can maintain it and maybe there are a couple more kgs I could drop as a bonus. I'm thinking yoga or Pilates because I could do with the stress relief after this wedding!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
4ever said:
Ok, I totally forgot about this thread but I'm finally reached my goal of 10kg (22lbs) lost. Woop! Yay for last minute stress weight loss :lol:

I'm feeling pretty good but I would like to get into some more regular excise post wedding and see how it goes - I do think I can maintain it and maybe there are a couple more kgs I could drop as a bonus. I'm thinking yoga or Pilates because I could do with the stress relief after this wedding!
yay congrats!! Try hot yoga- its relaxing but really is a tough workout and you sweat buckets and feel detoxed and lighter immediately after

marygrace

Shiny_Rock
March 6, I started at 120.5 lbs. I flipped out realizing that I had only 2 months to fit into my dress. I had bought it off eBay and was determined to squeeze into that size 0. Two years ago, I lived at my happy weight of 105-110 lbs. Then I became more sedentary and grew out of my clothes. I didn't feel pretty. I had no idea how to diet. So, I hired a personal trainer.

I work with her 3 days a week, for 45 minutes. Cardio 30 minutes a day 6-7 days a week. I eat 1500 calories a day.

The first 2-3 weeks I lost no weight. I was discouraged paying all that money for training and nutrition and seeing no results.

I learned (through the Internet of course) that when muscles start working out, they go into "shock" and hold water. Then as the muscles get comfortable doing vigorous activities, they ditch that water and pounds drop quickly. The process takes a few weeks.

This morning, I weighed 114 lbs! My goal was 115 but I think I will continue until I hit 110 lbs. I am 5'4" with a slender build so I will still look healthly.

Once this diet is finished, I will be able to maintain while eating 2000 calories a day. 1500 is brutal. I am freaking starving!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results