shape
carat
color
clarity

Zoom Teeth Whitening?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Anyone have this done? Is it worth it?

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m debating. Tawn''s friends have had some painful stories about it though, which shocked me cuz they only talk about potential ''mild heat discomfort'' and that''s all! Would love to hear opinions as well.
1.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
anyone?

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
sorry, don''t have any first hand experience, but the girls at my work love it.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is the one done in the dentist's office with something they paint on your teeth and a bright light shining in your face. I don't think gel is involved as far as I know...?

ETA: it is a gel - I looked up the Zoom process online. link

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
My daughter is getting it done on Monday. They also will give her the trays for maintenance. I''ll let you know how it goes. They also gave her Sensodyne toothpaste to use before hand just in case her teeth are sensitive from it. Little bit scared about it but we went to 2 dentists and feel it''s right for her. She''s 18, so not like she''s too young for it.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tell your daughter thanks for being our guinea pig.
2.gif
I would have done it already were it not for the surprise crown and root canal visits I had to pay for this year. Please let us know what she thinks!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/14/2006 5:51:14 PM
Author: FireGoddess
Tell your daughter thanks for being our guinea pig.
2.gif
I would have done it already were it not for the surprise crown and root canal visits I had to pay for this year. Please let us know what she thinks!!
I''m sure she''ll be thrilled to know she is the PS guinea pig, LOL.
11.gif
3.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lisa, I can''t WAIT to hear what your daughter says about it. I made an appointment for July 17th. I really hope it is worth it. I like that it comes with the trays and bleach for upkeep (seeing how that alone is $200 at my Dr''s). She said the trays do the same thing but you have to be really good and it takes months. The zoom is instant and the trays then help maintain. Seeing how I don''t have months and I didn''t even use all the crest white strips that came in the box...
20.gif
I figured zoom is worth the extra money...

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok, she got it done today. They had to cancel her Monday appointment and rescheduled for this afternoon. They look amazing. So far she doesn''t feel any pain what so ever. For the next 48 hours she can''t eat any foods of color. As they said any food that would stain a white t shirt will stain her teeth. She''s having chicken salad for dinner. Anyway wanted to let you guys know, it''s great. Well so far it great. She''s leaving for the summer tomorrow
39.gif
and I said you better keep up with the maintenance trays!!!
11.gif
If she reports any ill effects, I''ll be sure to let you know.
2.gif
Lisa

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
36.gif
Great to hear! Still want to do it!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yikes, I spoke too soon. She is having some pain, more like electrical shocks going through her teeth. She has a high tolerance for pain bless her heart. She has juvenile Rheumatoid arthritis and can tolerate a lot. She is taking Advill and hoping it settles down soon. They did say this could happen and doesn''t usually last long. I have very sensitive teeth and could no more do this than fly. I got my trays today and have a 15% solution but am scared to do it now. I''ll let you guys know how she is feeling in the days to come.
2.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
K, I am sorry she is hurting! I had something done, cannot remember, but I think it was Britesmile. Are they different? A bit of sensitivity, but not too bad, but everyone is different. Some people like the trays better and others want results faster, but it is not fun to have pain!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hope she''s hanging in there and it passes quickly.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ahhhh! Now I am scared! I have sensitive teeth
8.gif
I was thinking of canceling but then I look at my teeth and HATE them. They are pretty white (or at least that is what everyone says) but I want them whiter! Oh well, hopefully they pain will be worth it. My denist said I had to watch what I ate for a week....I wonder why longer than Lisa''s daughter?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
She woke up this morning feeling fine, no pain. It was a temporary thing for her thank god. But she''s thrilled with the reults, her teeth look awesome. Now my turn to start the trays, but am still a little chicken, hehe.
32.gif
3.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lisa my FMIL uses the trays and her teeth are SOOOO white. Basically it does the same thing as Zoom just takes longer. She sleeps with them in for 3 or so nights before a big event (wedding, vacation...) I am not sure if I could stand that personally but they do work well.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tomorrow, well technically today I go in for my first of a 2 step procedure to get my porcelain veneers. First they have to remove all the old bonding material, and then place temp ones on. Then in 2 weeks I get the permanent ones. 31/2 hours in the chair tomorrow. YIKES. Oh and I have to be very careful chewing as biting down on anything hard can make the temps come off. No biting down on corn on the cobb for me.
15.gif
11.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
How did it go Lisa? I have my Zoom appointment on Monday. I am so nervous!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/14/2006 12:43:45 AM
Author: Tacori E-ring
How did it go Lisa? I have my Zoom appointment on Monday. I am so nervous!
I didn''t get zoom whitening done as my teeth are too sensitive. I''m doing the trays instead. I have a thread here titled OUCH, had a ton of work done to take off all the bonding so I can get porcelain veneers and had a horrible allergic reaction to the anesthetic. My face swelled up like the goodyear blimp. Mouth pain is still unbearable. BUT on a good note Ashley did great with the zoom whitening, Tacori!! She did have a little pain at night, she said it felt like little electrical shocks going on her teeth. But the next morning it was gone!!! And her teeth look amazing. Take some advil before the appointment and then maybe take some afterwards to prevent any pain. If you don''t have sensitive teeth you should be fine. My best friend had it done and she was in some pain but it didn''t last long. Speak up if you feel discomfort while it''s being done. Ash said they do it in 15 minute intervals, with a bright light. Took about an hour and a half when all was said and done. GOOD LUCK!!!!!
1.gif
Lisa

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
ahhh...I do have kind of sensitive teeth. Sometimes they ache for no reason, or really cold ice cream bars hurt when I take a bite (but that might be normal) Oh well....hopefully I''ll have the same results as Ashley. I don''t have that yellow of teeth (don''t smoke or drink coffee) but it bothers me. I want WHITE teeth and I figured my wedding should be reason enough to just do it.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
ah! I am so nervous!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
UPDATE:
I just got home from the dentist. I was there for 2.5 hours. First they makes impressions for my bleach trays. Then she preps my mouth. She puts in the plastic mouth holder thing that keeps my mouth open. It wasn''t as uncomfortable as I thought it would be. There was a lot of cotton involved *shiver* I HATE having cotton in my mouth but beauty is pain! She puts on a special lip gloss to protect my lips from the light and the lovely orange goggles. Then uses a gel on my gums (to protect them) and uses a light to harden the gel. Now the bleaching process. She "painted" the bleach gel on my teeth then placed the Zoom light on my teeth. This lasts 15 mins (to which I listened to a book on my ipod), then she removes the solution, reapplies, 15 mins, and removes, reapplies for the final 15 mins. The first 15 was fine. The second one tooth was a little sensitive, the third a few were sensitive. My teeth are 3+ shades whiter. I already had pretty white teeth in the "normal" range. I was between the second and third on their little teeth chart. Now I am the first or second on their bleached teeth chart. They are slightly sensitive but it is okay. I can deal with it. I pick up my trays on wednesday and will do 3 sets of two hour sessions. She also said I should re-bleach them 2 weeks before my wedding for the best results. I will update you again tomorrow (for anyone thinking about getting Zoom done)

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Glad it went well Tacori. Use Sensodyne toothpaste for a while. That should help too.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
In your opinion, is this doable for someone who''s got a bad gag reflex? I mean, I had a crown and RC on a back tooth....but the ignorance of the dentist when I tell them I am a gagger makes all the difference. If they listen to me it goes okay...if they don''t....
14.gif
. One guy had me tilted ALL the way back in the chair and put the putty in my mouth to take a casting...it hit the back of my throat and I almost vomited on him (served him right). When he actually REALIZED I wasn''t kidding, he did it with me sitting upright and I was fine. So.....how bad is it?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lisa- I am experiencing similar pain that Ashley did. It is kind of uncomfortable with jolts of servere sensitivity
8.gif
but I know it is only temporary. Were these symptoms gone the next day?

FG- I think you should be fine since they deal more with the front of your teeth. I am sure next time you go to the dentist you should ask to try on the plastic holder thing they use (I am not sure of the name). They do take impressions of your teeth for the trays.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/17/2006 7:52:25 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
Lisa- I am experiencing similar pain that Ashley did. It is kind of uncomfortable with jolts of servere sensitivity
8.gif
but I know it is only temporary. Were these symptoms gone the next day?

FG- I think you should be fine since they deal more with the front of your teeth. I am sure next time you go to the dentist you should ask to try on the plastic holder thing they use (I am not sure of the name). They do take impressions of your teeth for the trays.
Yes, she just had them that night. Like electrical shocks to the teeth that come and go. She took advil. She was in a lot of discomfort but woke up the next morning and they were gone. I had to put her on a plane that morning to go to Nantucket. She works full time up there and now I need to ask her if she is keeping up with the trays. I pray she is, as she loved the results of the Zoom. But my best friend had it done as I said before, her pain lasted for 3 days. I hope your''s is gone by tomorrow. Don''t eat anything red or it will stain your teeth. Just a reminder. Good luck!!!
1.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
My teeth are much better today Lisa! They just feel sore. Like I had a rough cleaning at the dentist. Sore I can handle. The discomfort last night was a pain. You know how some pain is easier to handle than others? This was hard for me. It felt like what Ashley said or like someone was holding really cold ice against my teeth. Not fun. But I think the worse is behind me. (I hope!) I do have pretty sensitive teeth so this was risky for me. My teeth are three shades whiter but so are a couple carbon deposits (that is what she called them and said they are normal if you had braces). Hopefully when I do the bleach trays (are hers sensitive after her trays???) they will even out more. This is something I was thinking about for awhile so I am glad I did it.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh lisa don''t worry! I am not about to ruin the results by eating anything that could stain! All I had yesterday was some mashed potatoes (on the way home). I got very hungry later but my teeth hurt I just couldn''t bring myself to eat anything
8.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tacori, I''m glad your teeth are a little better. I need to whiten mine after years of drinking coffee and diet coke! But I think you have talked me out of Zoom!!! I don''t have much tolerance for purposely inflicted pain! Is there any other way that works?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results