shape
carat
color
clarity

Zoe''s flowers and reception shoes

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know that shoes and flowers don''t really go together but I wanted to post my latest shoe find without starting another thread.

My parents and I met with our florist yesterday and we decided on flowers.

Here''s my bouquet on the left and my sister''s (MOH) on the right. The only differences are that I''m not having fiddlehead ferns in my bouquet and my sister''s won''t have any yellow flowers. Her dress is indigo and I think the colors in her bouquet will look great near the blue.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Technical difficulties...

flowerstake2.JPG

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
My FI just told me that he likes my sister''s bouquet better than mine. Hmph.
20.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
And here are my reception shoes. They don''t go with my dress at all but no one will see them and I think they''re really comfy.

Rieker liv 02 in white shoes.JPG

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
You are too cool. Sketchers? Awesome. You can wear ''em to school in the future and think of your wonderful reception. Nicely done.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the bouquets Zoe, and the shoes are FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I agree that her bouquet will look lovely with the indigo dress! Congrats on more checks and decisions. Its a great feeling!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have to thank Indy for this because if she hadn''t posted this photo of an orchid arrangement, I wouldn''t have even thought about using orchids. I love this look and I knew I wanted something similar as soon as I saw it (maybe to put on the place card or the dessert table maybe). Our arrangement will have fewer sprigs though and they''ll be in a tall rectangular vase. So Indy, THANK YOU!!!

pretty orchid arrangement.JPG

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Swimmer and Gypsy! The shoes are actually Rieker''s: http://www.pegasusshoes.com/Rieker-Liv-02-White_CBF0000_P3348_CO44512.cfm. I think this pair makes me now up to 7 pairs of wedding shoes. At the same time that I got the Rieker''s, I also got one more pair of ceremony shoes. They''re not the prettiest but they''ll do. I think it''s time to return a few pairs of shoes.

I love the bouquets and I''m really happy with the florist we chose to work with. She''s great!

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
From one ''screw matching, I want to be comfy [+tall]" bride to another, your shoes are totally rockin''! I love ''em Zozo.

As for the flowers, also gorgeous. Of course I''m biased now, teehee.

Your sis''s bouquet is going to look amazing with the blue dress.

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Zoe! I love your bouqet
2.gif
it looks just like mine! hehe When are you getting married? You''ll have to post some pics of how it turns out, I hope my florist gets it exactly like the photo, I love it soooo much! I''ll make sure to post pics of mine (only 6 weeks away
6.gif
)

misysu2

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Zoe, I love your flowers and shoes! The BM bouquet will really pop against that blue dress of hers. Can''t wait to see pics of them together!

You can''t go wrong with orchids-- they are always beautiful. Great classic choice!!

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Love it! You will definitely not regret the shoes, will be so comfy!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I adore those bouquets! They are just to die for beautiful!

The shoes look so comfy!! You''ll be able to dance all night!

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
awesome Zoe!!!

I wore comfy shoes too, but I wore them to the ceremony as well, and I think I''m the only person who didn''t say "my feet hurt" all night!! I had them on until we got to the hotel, not once did I feel like kicking them off. But when it was time to put them on, one of my maids said "where are they?" and I said "there, the blue sandals" and she said "those aren''t your wedding shoes!" and I said "YES THEY ARE!" and she proceeded to argue with me about my shoes 20 minutes before I walked down the aisle! Blew my mind! YES THEY ARE. GIVE THEM HERE. And you know, you can only see them in ONE photo, as I went down the steps to leave the reception. My photographer didn''t do a big shoe photo shoot, but I never wanted one anyway. And I wore them on the honeymoon too!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/16/2008 9:12:06 PM
Author: asscher_girl
Hi Zoe! I love your bouqet
2.gif
it looks just like mine! hehe When are you getting married? You''ll have to post some pics of how it turns out, I hope my florist gets it exactly like the photo, I love it soooo much! I''ll make sure to post pics of mine (only 6 weeks away
6.gif
)
Thanks Asscher_girl! I owe you a huge thanks for posting the pic of the bouquet originally. It had the look I was going for but it wasn''t until I saw that exact photo that I knew exactly what I wanted. So THANK YOU! I''m getting married on July 12th. I can''t wait to see pics of your wedding! We''ll have to compare bouquet pics.

6 weeks for you -- how exciting!!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/17/2008 2:54:12 PM
Author: sumbride
awesome Zoe!!!

I wore comfy shoes too, but I wore them to the ceremony as well, and I think I''m the only person who didn''t say ''my feet hurt'' all night!! I had them on until we got to the hotel, not once did I feel like kicking them off. But when it was time to put them on, one of my maids said ''where are they?'' and I said ''there, the blue sandals'' and she said ''those aren''t your wedding shoes!'' and I said ''YES THEY ARE!'' and she proceeded to argue with me about my shoes 20 minutes before I walked down the aisle! Blew my mind! YES THEY ARE. GIVE THEM HERE. And you know, you can only see them in ONE photo, as I went down the steps to leave the reception. My photographer didn''t do a big shoe photo shoot, but I never wanted one anyway. And I wore them on the honeymoon too!
9.gif

I don''t know if I mentioned this at one point or another but I showed my mom all of the other shoes I had gotten (5 pairs) before we went shopping together. She shook her head in dismay and actually got angry with me for even THINKING of getting such inappropriate shoes (not the Rieker''s). They other pairs were canvas and yes, a tad on the casual side, but they weren''t ratty or anything. They looked nice and cute and I could definitely wear them again (which was important), and some even had bows.

So anyway, after getting into stupid arguments about shoes of all things, we agreed to try shopping together. It was on this trip that I found the Riekers. I knew she''d never agree to me wearing them as ceremony shoes but she gave in to the idea of wearing them for the reception. As long as I got APPROPRIATE shoes for the ceremony, I could have the shoes I wanted. So I got this other pair of shoes that are flats. They have straps that criss-cross across your foot and they''re not the most fashionable things. I''m still going to shop around but these will do if need be. I may just, oh, "forget" which pair I have on just before the ceremony begins. I''m all for comfort.

Did I mention that I''m 34 and I''m still running these things by my mom? It needs to stop. Really.
20.gif

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
You''re welcome Zoe! I felt the exact same way when I saw that photo.....
30.gif

I''m so glad you found "your" bouquet too
36.gif
I''ll be sure to post a ton of pics, I can''t believe it''s only 6 weeks away, time has gone by so fast.

sera

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful bouquets... both of them! And the shoes are tooo cool! I''m planning on flipflops lol.

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
The bouquets are gorgeous, Zoe! Love the shoes too. I''m all for comfort too and had lacy Skechers mary janes for the reception.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results