shape
carat
color
clarity

Ziggy Louise has been busy...

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is adorable. What do you do with the eggs, @Begonia ?

silkystarlight

Rough_Rock
Damn hormones! 20210201_111105.jpg

oh my goodness... absolutely comical! :lol: like Daisy&Diamonds, I too am interested in hearing about the chicken who laid those petite lil eggs!

My aunt and uncle have themselves a 20-something flock of chickens, and I always love caring for them when I house sit! I really hope to have a few of my own some day!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
My best freind from primary school had a back yard full of chooks
Her dad kept big black and white ones but my freind had a smaller hen house for her batons and other smaller fancy chooks
The eggs are so cute

I once made a salad with qual eggs that Gary would not eat
What's wrong with people ???

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
We just get rid if them @baby nurse, altho they're likely edible. When you crack one open, the yolks are the size of yellow smarties. So cute. She's tried so hard over the years to have a family but with no mate, they're duds. I reckon she's laid 200 eggs. If wishing and hoping and praying and rotating could will them to life, she'd have done it by now. She's up all night rotating them, bless her little chicken heart (we call her chicken too).

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
We just get rid if them @baby nurse, altho they're likely edible. When you crack one open, the yolks are the size of yellow smarties. So cute. She's tried so hard over the years to have a family but with no mate, they're duds. I reckon she's laid 200 eggs. If wishing and hoping and praying and rotating could will them to life, she'd have done it by now. She's up all night rotating them, bless her little chicken heart (we call her chicken too).

Can you not get her a husband or even just a boyfriend ?

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well she's pretty old now. I keep telling her she should be menopausal by now, surely. If she got a fella I'd likely have to co-parent and help raise her chicks. I work shifts work so not doable really, altho she thinks we could team it quite fine. Sigh.

Oh well she probably wouldn't appreate having to shear her pizza with a greedy boy

silkystarlight

Rough_Rock
She has some pretty moments she wants you all to know. 20200326_095109.jpg

She is a very pretty bird! I'm almost more delighted knowing she's not a chicken (no offense to all the chickens out there lol), it's a shame that she works so hard for those eggs though with nothing in return... I would really have a laugh seeing a teeny tiny fried egg though! :lol:

I'm also right there with you on not wanting to share pizza... :bigsmile:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
She is gorgeous! Poor Mama Z-Lo! :) Hopefully, her body will give it a rest soon???

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Right?? This girl has laid more than enough I say. I meant to give her a shower with me this morning, something 20200403_100254.jpg I do after she's gone through laying eggs. Get all cleaned and preened. She will look something like this after a warm shower on my shoulder...

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
... it's a shame that she works so hard for those eggs though with nothing in return...

Oh I don't know.
Doesn't this, a bird passing an unfertilized egg, fit the definition of menstruation?

Imagine if every human egg released produced another child for 39 years, which is the average length of human fertility per Wiki.
Nine months of human pregnancy, immediately followed by the next pregnancy, for 39 years, results in 52 kids.
With my poor memory I have to name them 1, 2, 3, 4, etc.

That's a lot of mouths to feed, and a couple of exhausted and broke parents.

Last edited:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh I don't know.
Doesn't this, a bird passing an unfertilized egg, fit the definition of menstruation?

Imagine if every human egg released produced another child for 39 years, which is the average length of human fertility per Wiki.
Nine months of human pregnancy, followed immediately by the next pregnancy, for 39 years, results in 52 kids.

That's a lot of mouths to feed and a couple of exhausted and broke parents.
Woman would be worn out and dead from exhaustion
Not sure about now in the days of modern medicine but my grandma had eight kids - that was 2 more after the doc said to stop and she died at 51 from some sort of cancer ?

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh I don't know.

Nine months of human pregnancy, immediately followed by the next pregnancy, for 39 years, results in 52 kids.
With my poor memory I have to name them 1, 2, 3, 4, etc.

That's a lot of mouths to feed, and a couple of exhausted and broke parents.

It's dairy cows i feel sorry for
Having to have a baby every year and then watching it being taken away
I beleave ive read somewhere her natural life expectancy if she didn't have to breed would be about 20 years

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My condolences to you for your mom.

I'm certainly not advocating women have any kids, let alone 52. :eek2:
I'm not in one of those religions that want maximum tithing members, oh, I mean want more souls to go to heaven.

Last edited:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
My condolences to you for your mom.

I'm certainly not advocating women have 52 kids.
I'm not in one of those religions.

Oh no, its ok Kenny
It was grandma
It was just the time they lived in
No tv and no pill
She died when my dad was 15

My dad was 53 when he died, my sister was about 18
We don't have a great track record on that side of the family

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Oh no, its ok Kenny
It was grandma
It was just the time they lived in
No tv and no pill
She died when my dad was 15

My dad was 53 when he died, my sister was about 18
We don't have a great track record on that side of the family

Sorry to hear about your losses D. So early for them all.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sorry to hear about your losses D. So early for them all.

Thank you Begonia

And then i read about Capt Sir Tim Moore's family taking him on holiday and him dying of covid and i think people with grandparents often don't know what they have :(2

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Begonia

And then i read about Capt Sir Tim Moore's family taking him on holiday and him dying of covid and i think people with grandparents often don't know what they have :(2

Right???
My grandma and grandpa on dad's side died before I was born and mom's when I was 2. I had no experience of having grandparents at all. Then dad was mentally ill and abusive and we had no extended family. People who have large supportive families often assume we all had that experience.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Right???
My grandma and grandpa on dad's side died before I was born and mom's when I was 2. I had no experience of having grandparents at all. Then dad was mentally ill and abusive and we had no extended family. People who have large supportive families often assume we all had that experience.

That must have been so lobelly for your mum to have no mum or mum in law to lean on

I look at adult grandchildren and think how wonderful for them to know one's grandparents as adults

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Such a pretty girl! :love:
She has some pretty moments she wants you all to know. 20200326_095109.jpg

Right?? This girl has laid more than enough I say. I meant to give her a shower with me this morning, something 20200403_100254.jpg I do after she's gone through laying eggs. Get all cleaned and preened. She will look something like this after a warm shower on my shoulder...

❤️

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results