shape
carat
color
clarity

Z Gallerie - anyone seen these chairs in person?

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have always disliked the chairs that came with my dining room table and think I'm going to bite the bullet and get new ones. These look very cool in the pics, but I'm not sure about the quality of Z Gallerie furniture. The closest store is a bit of a hike, so I'm wondering if anyone has wandered into a Z Gallerie lately and happened to see these? Here is a link with more pics: http://www.zgallerie.com/p-11997-scallop-dining-chair.aspx

scallop-dining-chair-013433680.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is my second choice:

nfm_chair.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And choice #3:

p1_chair.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Should probably throw some pricing out there too:

#1 (Z Gallerie) - $299 each
#2 (Nebraska Furniture Mart) - $85 each
#3 (Pier 1) - $140 each

I haven't seen any of these in person.

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
Are you anywhere near the los angeles area? there is a Z Gallerie factory store in Gardena, CA... perhaps that's wildly unrealistic, but I thought it was worth throwing that tidbit out there.

I like the Z Gallerie chairs the best--I love the lines of them--modern yet still soft and classic. The riveting is a nice touch too. My friend has a Z Gallerie dining table and chairs (purcharsed from the factory store), and the quality seems to be quite good. I feel your pain re: hating your dining chairs. We have terrible ones from Ikea, but we need a new built-in/bookcase worse than we need chairs, so that's the next big purchase! First world problems!

OneFifty

Shiny_Rock
Hi Dee. I like the look of the Z Gallerie chairs the best.

There is a Z Gallerie in Leawood. Is this the one that you were referring to in your first post? It would be less than 20 mins from the Plaza. Much closer than Nebraska Furniture Mart. Z Gallerie used to have their store on the Plaza. Banana Republic is there now. Bummer.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
your #2....even before i saw the price!

texaskj

Brilliant_Rock
To me it doesn't matter a fig what they look like if they are not comfortable. I can't buy a chair without sitting in it. Is that possible? What's the return policy?

iLander

Ideal_Rock
I like your first pick, absolutely.

As long as everyone else is throwing in their suggestions, here's a slightly more radical, contemporary look. It's the Keno Brothers furniture line, have you ever seen them on the Antiques Roadshow? http://www.theodorealexander.com/ProductListing.aspx?categoryid=1b7ef1a1-a9a9-40de-8cc1-ac2120c0f293&collectionid=6D19B18B-BE99-403D-9BFC-5377E7130EBA

We have a few of their pieces, this is my favorite piece from them, the lines are amazing.
http://www.theodorealexander.com/ProductDetail.aspx?ItemID=4cb2c4f6-8e64-48c9-ab7c-ecbd04b4b22e

The construction is unbelievable, which is exactly what you'd expect from the Keno Brothers.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tuffy, sadly I'm not in LA or else I would zip over there!

Gypsy, I adore that first chair! I don't think they would work with the base of my table, but I will tuck them in the "maybe in the future" file in case I switch out the table.

OneFifty, the one in Leawood is the only Z Gallerie within the two state area! I'm going to call and see if they have them, and if so I'll be making a trek over tonight after work. And yes, total bummer that the store is not in the Plaza any more! Oh well, I guess a 20 min drive isn't that bad, although a five minute would would have been nicer...

MZ, they *are* kind of growing on me... Maybe I will try them out in person.

texaskj, I totally agree about the chairs having to be comfortable. I have no qualms about returning furniture that doesn't work out (just ask Room and Board about that giant customer fabric day bed back in 2004... oops!).

Ilander, I love that table! It's so graceful.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The good news is the Z Gallerie in Kansas has the chair, so I will be going over there to check it out. The bad news is, some of the chairs that you guys posted got me thinking about the angularity of the base with the swoopiness of the chair. The table below is not mine, but my table is very similar. What do you think? Would curved chairs look OK with that or should I go with something that has straight lines (like the ones that I've come to think of as MZ's chairs!)?

table.jpg

texaskj

Brilliant_Rock
I like the contrast of the swoops with the angles, but get what you like that's comfortable without breaking the bank. And good for you for not being afraid to return stuff.

webdiva

Brilliant_Rock
Also check out overstock.com for chairs - great prices, low shipping costs and great returns! Order one to test it out first.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like your first choice for your table. It's curved in toward the round table but also has blocky woodwork (not too fluid) that works with the lines of the table. I don't like the second choice because I think it's better suited to a non-round table.

Here are some styles I also think would be lovely with that style of table.

http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Continental-Pewter-Leather-Dining-Chairs-with-Nail-Head-Trimming-Set-of-2/6509757/product.html

http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Regency-Leather-Dining-Chairs-Set-of-2/6525606/customer-reviews.html

http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Becca-Cream-Leather-Dining-Chair/4688190/product.html (comes in gray too: http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Becca-Grey-Leather-Dining-Chair/6007091/product.html)

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I visited Z Gallerie today and got the chairs. I was pleasantly surprised at how tight the upholstery was (which was a concern for me, especially on the inside curve of the seat back), the nailheads were all even (again, something that would drive me bananas!) and securely fastened, and the wood quality and craftmanship was about what I expected. Bottom line, these are chairs that will look better from a distance than they do upon close inspection, but hey, if you're sitting at my dining room table, chances are you have a big glass of wine in your hand anyway and closely inspecting my furniture is not going to be foremost on your mind!

Webdiva, I liked some of the things on Overstock, and agree that I should order one to try it out, but that just seemed like such a PITA. Order one... like it... order three more... and then what if they didn't match (different dye lots, that sort of thing). Or, order all four, not like them, then have to send them all back.

Gypsy, it's funny that you posted those first chairs becuase they are exactly the sort of thing I started out looking for when I began this search! Also, remember when I wanted a new coffee table? Well I found one on the Safavie link! Now I just have to decide if I really have room for a table that's 6 feed long and 3-1/2 feed wide... !

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results