color
clarity

Youtube question

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I finally want to upload videos.
But I'm not anonymous on YT.
Even if I erase ALL my cookies my real name appears.
YT must have captured my IP address or something.
I'm a computer dummy.

I have never uploaded a video, or made a comment.
I was stupid to enter my real name a zillion years ago.

How do I get my name off YT?
Can I delete the acct, then start a new one under fake name?
I've googled this and it says to click on "CREATE ACCOUNT", but i can't find that ... probably because I already have an acct and YT knows it.

My full name appears between the video and the comments area.
It says, "Commenting publicly as __________ .

Help please.

Last edited:

123ducklings

Brilliant_Rock
Are you signed into a google account on the device you’re using? My understanding is that YouTube is now connected to google, so if you are logged into your google account in some way (email, app, cookies, whatever) YouTube will recognize you by that account.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Second entry below says you can use a brand acct. You have talent as a photographer, musician, and diamond aficionado so maybe create an account for one of your talents and then upload whatever videos you want regardless of the subject matter?

Screen Shot 2021-05-01 at 5.38.21 PM.png

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@kenny try this. Go to your youtube acct., then go to your channel, click "customize channel" at top right of page, then at very top of the next page page on the right is a circle with a question mark, click that, click "change your name" and it'll take you to the page where you can do it. I just tried it and it worked.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks all.
When I get a large block of time, I'll give these things a go.

These things seem like they should take a few seconds, but take forever when you actually try to do them.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are you signed into a google account on the device you’re using? My understanding is that YouTube is now connected to google, so if you are logged into your google account in some way (email, app, cookies, whatever) YouTube will recognize you by that account.

Thank you.
My understanding is you are right.

Yes I must have an account that I'm signed into since my real name appears when I use YT.
Right now I wish I'd never signed up because long ago when I signed up I gave big brother my real name. :doh:

I was young and stupid (now I'm old and stupid).
Never in a million years would I do that today.
Too late.

Unless I want to abandon my G-mail email address (for many reasons I can't, rather won't) and upload vids to a YT-competing website, I'm now forever stuck taking it up the alley from the BIG-G. :nono:

Spilled milk, don't cry Kenny.
Move forward.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@kenny try this. Go to your youtube acct., then go to your channel, click "customize channel" at top right of page, then at very top of the next page page on the right is a circle with a question mark, click that, click "change your name" and it'll take you to the page where you can do it. I just tried it and it worked.

Thanks Matata.

So ... On YT, in the upper right corner, I clicked on the Initial for my real name and a pull down list appeared titled "Manage your Google Account.

On top of the list was "Create a channel" so apparently I never did that.

Before creating a channel I snooped around regarding creating a channel.
I found out that to create one you must agree to their Terms of Service.
This tome is long! :knockout:
I don't have time to read and digest it all now, so I'll do it when I have time.
Thanks again.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results