shape
carat
color
clarity

Your Younger Self

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Humble yourself, you're not perfect, your family is not perfect, cling onto to those who love and support you, cling on to your faith you will need all those things later in life.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Take the family pictures when you move out or you will never see them again.

Two things you should never settle on: a man or a house.

Don’t have too many pets, your intentions are good but they will limit you in many ways.

Enjoy your first pregnancy but also be more of an advocate when you feel your concerns are not being heard.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Timely article. Sharing for those who may be interested.

"

What I’d Tell My Younger Self​

By Mary Houlihan
April 13, 2021

I’ve been doing a lot of self-work lately, and, as I try to heal my wounded inner child, I think about that sweet little girl. There is so much I wish I could tell her.

If I had the opportunity to meet my younger self, I’d tell her:

“You are perfect just the way you are.”

And, “You are worthy, not because of how you look or what you accomplish, but because you’re you.”

Also, “One day, you’ll get NOFX stuck in your head at least once a week, which is so weird because you didn’t even listen to them that much.”

I guess then she would probably ask how I got there and demand some sort of identification to prove that I actually was her from the future and really did time-travel there, and was not just some creep. You never know—there are some sick people out there. Better to be safe than sorry.

After we got all that settled, I imagine she would probably have some follow-up questions.

She’d ask, “So . . . how do things turn out for me?”

I’d tell her that all her wildest dreams come true—that she grows up to be an actor and an artist and a comedian and a writer, she has nice friends, she is good at cutting hair, yada yada.

Then she’d say, “Oh, cool. So I’m happy then, right?”

“*Well,” I’d say, scrunching up my face, “it’s kind of hard to explain—like, yes, but also it’s, like, once you accomplish one thing, you immediately start looking at the next goal, or comparing yourself to your peers. But then sometimes you’re, like, ‘Wait a second, I don’t even want that for myself.’ And the thing is, you don’t want to be famous, but you of course want people to think of you when they’re hiring for things, so you’re, like, ‘Ugh, I guess I’ll post on social media more.’ ”

“Social . . . media?” she’d reply.

“Oh, my God, sorry,” I’d say. “I forgot, you’re in the two-thousands or whatever. Um, so there’s, like, Internet on cell phones—everyone has cell phones now. And there’s an app, well, it’s kind of like a Web site, called Instagram, and you post pictures and comment on other people’s pictures, and you want to look hot but not so hot that you’re trying—unless that’s your thing! In which case it works, but I don’t really feel like that’s my brand and—”

“Insta . . . gram?” she’d sound out.

“Oh, yeah, yeah, sorry. So, Instagram is owned by Facebook—” And I’d see on her face that she’s puzzled, and I’d sort of wave my hand and say, “Uh, Facebook . . . it’s, uh . . . it’s, like, this Web site that used to be for chatting, but now it’s, like, destroyed the world, and the guy who made it has to testify in front of Congress all the time. It’s crazy—OH, MY GOD! Sidebar: We’re going to Mars! Anyway, what I’m getting at is that you do have a really fun life, but it’s human nature to want more sometimes.”

“Totally,” she’d say. “I get that.”

Then she’d stand up to walk me to the door, giving me some kind of line about how she’d really love to talk more but has to get back to homework.

“Oh!” I’d say, remembering. “Being curvy is totally socially embraced now. Being skinny is out.”

“That’s great!” she’d say.

“Yeah, but you’re skinny,” I’d add. She’d stop smiling.

“Wait,” she’d say. I’d turn. “Do I get really into NOFX in college or something?”

“No!” I’d say. “That’s why it’s so weird!”

Then I’d finally get going, knowing that I’d given her all the tools she’d need to blossom into a strong woman who knows and loves herself.

"

caolsen

Brilliant_Rock
Buy more Amazon and Apple stock!

GoldenTouch

Shiny_Rock
MTimely article. Sharing for those who may be interested.

"

What I’d Tell My Younger Self​

By Mary Houlihan
April 13, 2021

I’ve been doing a lot of self-work lately, and, as I try to heal my wounded inner child, I think about that sweet little girl. There is so much I wish I could tell her.

If I had the opportunity to meet my younger self, I’d tell her:

“You are perfect just the way you are.”

And, “You are worthy, not because of how you look or what you accomplish, but because you’re you.”

Also, “One day, you’ll get NOFX stuck in your head at least once a week, which is so weird because you didn’t even listen to them that much.”

I guess then she would probably ask how I got there and demand some sort of identification to prove that I actually was her from the future and really did time-travel there, and was not just some creep. You never know—there are some sick people out there. Better to be safe than sorry.

After we got all that settled, I imagine she would probably have some follow-up questions.

She’d ask, “So . . . how do things turn out for me?”

I’d tell her that all her wildest dreams come true—that she grows up to be an actor and an artist and a comedian and a writer, she has nice friends, she is good at cutting hair, yada yada.

Then she’d say, “Oh, cool. So I’m happy then, right?”

“*Well,” I’d say, scrunching up my face, “it’s kind of hard to explain—like, yes, but also it’s, like, once you accomplish one thing, you immediately start looking at the next goal, or comparing yourself to your peers. But then sometimes you’re, like, ‘Wait a second, I don’t even want that for myself.’ And the thing is, you don’t want to be famous, but you of course want people to think of you when they’re hiring for things, so you’re, like, ‘Ugh, I guess I’ll post on social media more.’ ”

“Social . . . media?” she’d reply.

“Oh, my God, sorry,” I’d say. “I forgot, you’re in the two-thousands or whatever. Um, so there’s, like, Internet on cell phones—everyone has cell phones now. And there’s an app, well, it’s kind of like a Web site, called Instagram, and you post pictures and comment on other people’s pictures, and you want to look hot but not so hot that you’re trying—unless that’s your thing! In which case it works, but I don’t really feel like that’s my brand and—”

“Insta . . . gram?” she’d sound out.

“Oh, yeah, yeah, sorry. So, Instagram is owned by Facebook—” And I’d see on her face that she’s puzzled, and I’d sort of wave my hand and say, “Uh, Facebook . . . it’s, uh . . . it’s, like, this Web site that used to be for chatting, but now it’s, like, destroyed the world, and the guy who made it has to testify in front of Congress all the time. It’s crazy—OH, MY GOD! Sidebar: We’re going to Mars! Anyway, what I’m getting at is that you do have a really fun life, but it’s human nature to want more sometimes.”

“Totally,” she’d say. “I get that.”

Then she’d stand up to walk me to the door, giving me some kind of line about how she’d really love to talk more but has to get back to homework.

“Oh!” I’d say, remembering. “Being curvy is totally socially embraced now. Being skinny is out.”

“That’s great!” she’d say.

“Yeah, but you’re skinny,” I’d add. She’d stop smiling.

“Wait,” she’d say. I’d turn. “Do I get really into NOFX in college or something?”

“No!” I’d say. “That’s why it’s so weird!”

Then I’d finally get going, knowing that I’d given her all the tools she’d need to blossom into a strong woman who knows and loves herself.

"

I laughed.... but because I don’t know who NOFX are....

and I don’t do Facebook or instagram so I was like the “younger self” myself!

I’m now going to have to google!!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
"Stop worrying about your figure and your hair!"

I spent way too much energy worrying about what is attractive to men.
What a waste of time!

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
buy the bitcoins

your figure is fine

your family is dysfunctional but that's ok, so are most people's

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would say, "Don't put on lots of weight. Save more. Take no notice of people who are horrible without provocation; it's their problem, not yours."

Instead, I put on lots of weight, spent too much, and worried way too much what others thought of me. Such is life. If only we could put an old head on young shoulders!

Q

Queenie60

Enjoy the simple things around you. Bite your tongue when necessary - walk away feeling that you did the right thing. Enjoy yourself as no one is perfect - we all want what we don't have (different hair, taller or shorter stature, longer legs, etc.) - find your beauty within. Enjoy the one you love.

Q

Queenie60

I would say, "Don't put on lots of weight. Save more. Take no notice of people who are horrible without provocation; it's their problem, not yours."

Instead, I put on lots of weight, spent too much, and worried way too much what others thought of me. Such is life. If only we could put an old head on young shoulders!

As they say “youth is wasted on the young.”

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some great advice from everyone , i can relate to a lot!

I would tell myself:
  • Keep control of your own money
  • Buy a house early as an investment
  • Finish university
  • Stress less, anxiety over things out of your control is useless
  • Your figure is amazing- show it off more! :lol:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Believe in yourself. Don’t get distracted by dudes no matter how hot they are, but also never settle for mediocre sex. And then get back to reality.
Wait. I said that to myself when I was young.
NO REGRETS!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results