shape
carat
color
clarity

Your thoughts on this WB?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
Saturday FI and I have an appt. at our jewelers to pick out our wedding bands. We''ve looked before, and they''re having a biiig bridal event. We get 20% off plus an extra $400, so there''s lots of incentive to buy THIS weekend.

I''m going the custom route but had some trouble... I now have it narrowed down to two styles. One is a Tiffany Jazz-esque, and the other a Tiffany/BeverlyK-esque band. I trust their master designers ability to create a phenom ring, and if they can''t make one similar, hopefully they''ll just say so. We can''t turn down the savings we''ll be getting, and shelling out 4k at Tiffanys just isn''t an option
7.gif

Without further adieu, here are the rings! Please give your HONNNNEST opinions on which you like most out of the two. And if you don''t like either well
41.gif
''cause these are the only styles I like!
2.gif

First--- bad pic of the Tiffany Jazz . The ovals would be diamonds and the bezel set RBs would actually be sapphires.

21679372_M_OVER.jpg

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
Choice #2.... This one is a Beverly K

02PP11-1.jpg

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
And the Tiffany similar to the Beverly K

19287068_M_OVER_1.jpg

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
And even though it''s in my avatar, another picture of my E-ring...

FYI: I would also get miligrain detail on the wedding band, to tie it in with the details of my e-ring...

firstringshot1.jpg

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
And on my hand... ETA: THANKS! And sorry my e-ring is so DIRTY in those pics. Yucky!

viewonthehand1.jpg

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey there!
I love all your choices! Have you tried any of them on with your ering? I ask because it''s often hard to find rings that sit flush with halos. If that''s not something you really care about then I''d go with any of them. I''m really drawn to the T&Co band, but the one you have posted calls to me more as a RHR than a wband. I think the other T&Co Jazz bands would be amazing or any of their celebration rings. I also like the Bev K band. Too hard for me to decide!!!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/23/2009 8:46:53 AM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
Hey there!
I love all your choices! Have you tried any of them on with your ering? I ask because it's often hard to find rings that sit flush with halos. If that's not something you really care about then I'd go with any of them. I'm really drawn to the T&Co band, but the one you have posted calls to me more as a RHR than a wband. I think the other T&Co Jazz bands would be amazing or any of their celebration rings. I also like the Bev K band. Too hard for me to decide!!!
PPM, i forgot how much i like your ering - the distorted avatars make me forget what everything looks like
30.gif
Yours is like a round legacy, yes? it's beautiful. Your ring sits up a little, right? ie - something could fit under it flush it?

OK, here's my honest opinion - i LOVE them both. I have a copy (fake) of the Bev K from the epiphany version of QVC -
6.gif
and wear it all the time. I hope to someday have a real one.

Of course the tiffany one is TDF, and would be beautiful as well - i respectfully disagree with HH above about it looking like a RHR, but here's the thing about that ring - are you planning on wearing both together - ering and WB? If you are, that might be too much going on for me - how wide MM wise is this ring? is it REALLY dainty? b/c if it's not, i am afraid it will overpower your ering and it looks substantial in your pic. Now, if you are planning to ONLY wear this ring and wear your ering on your other hand, i vote this one - i love it!

So my vote is: If they go together, i think i like the BevK for the above mentioned reasons. If they are separetly worn - WB alone - the tiffany all the way!

what a great problem to have (sigh)
3.gif

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I looked up the jazz on the tiff''s website and couldn''t find a mm size for it - i wish i could see it on someone''s hand!

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
Hudson: Thanks for your input! I''ve wondered about the RHR thing, myself. I also wonder how "sturdy" it will feel. Rings won''t sit flush, unless curved. This REALLY bothered me when I looked at straight bands, but it is what drew me to unique styles... The un-flush fit doesn''t bother me so much with bezel bands.

I need to check them out in-person... I know... Super important. Hopefully I''ll do that before going to our jeweler on Saturday. There''s a Tiffany''s about three stores down. IDK if FI will be able to drag me out of there, though
37.gif

Violet Thanks for the uber-sweet ring comment
1.gif
You''re right- it''s a legacy-inspired setting. It does sit up high, but there''s a "hidden" stone at the ''V'' point of the setting that prevents bands from sitting flush
28.gif
I don''t know the exact width of the Tiffany band, but it''s relatively dainty. I think the picture makes it look larger than it actually is. My own e-ring band is SUUUPER thin. My hope is for a WB that''s more substantial.

Thanks for chiming in, ladies
9.gif
Always appreciate the PS input!

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
I would prefer the first one...but, I am not big colored stone fan so I am clearly bias.

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My preference would be the Bev K, and besides the fact that I'm baised (I got the marquise and square version of that ring in all diamonds) I think it would go better with your e-ring.

The Tiff ring is too chunky for your e-ring, in my opinion a chunky e-ring with a chunky w-ring would be overkill. Your e-ring is so beautiful
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
, I'd want all the attention to go to it.

CNYHopeful

Shiny_Rock
I love your e-ring and agree with Kama_s that the Beverly would probably go better with your e-ring. If you plan to wear the e-ring & w-band together, the the Bev will accent your e-ring stunningly.
21.gif

Oh, and I absolutely LOVE the sapphires! Thanks for inadvertantly giving me some ideas for my w-band. Both the selections you picked are gorgeous in their own right!
30.gif

All in all, I suggest you go with the one you love the most and hope you get to try samples on. Good luck!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think that the Tiffany one would be a bit too much with your e-ring if you''re wearing them both together. I love the Bev K band.

Dannielle

Brilliant_Rock
Have you spoken to a jeweller about your options?

I also have a legacy setting and have been told by quite a few reputable jewellers that the secret stones may damage a wedding band that does not have a little ''cut out'' for the stones. With the shape of the wedding bands you like it probably won''t be an issue, but its always good to check
1.gif

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
I like the idea of the revamping of the tiffany jazz.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results