shape
carat
color
clarity

"Your" song?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

JustLikeYou

Rough_Rock
I looked this topic up and found one recently from a few months ago, but it wouldn''t let me comment in it, or I just couldn''t figure it out, so I''m sorry if this is redundant :)

What is "your" song with your SO? My boyfriend and I are huge fans of Dave Matthews Band, and one that I''ve absolutely fallen in love with, and one we''ve danced to under the stars in the boat to a couple times, is "You & Me" from the new album Big Whiskey. It''s catchy, it''s cute, it puts the flutterby''s in my heart ;-)

So what''s yours?

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
Our song is "I Don''t Wanna Miss A Thing" by Aerosmith. We heard it when we first started dating over 5 years ago and as we listened to it we got tears in our eyes because we finally *understood* the lyrics and knew what they felt like. We danced to that at our wedding and those were some of the most amazing moments of my life.

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
I''m Yours by Jason Mraz
21.gif

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, so it doesn''t make much sense (unless you read my post in princesss''s honeymoon thread), but our song is "Africa" by Toto.

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
We don''t have a song. I don''t think I''ve EVER had a relationship with a song, actually.

JustLikeYou

Rough_Rock
Date: 11/8/2009 10:42:15 PM
Author: sillyberry
We don''t have a song. I don''t think I''ve EVER had a relationship with a song, actually.

You know, most of the time, I''m that way too... and I don''t think he knows I consider it "our" song... but it sure does make me smily and giggly every time I hear it, because it makes me think of him and us and it''s just wonderful.

He''s not the romantic type to consider any sort of sappy song stuff like that haha
20.gif

SparklyRing

Shiny_Rock
We don''t have an official song, but "Faithfully" by Journey is a favorite for both of us.

Parsley

Shiny_Rock
We don''t have a song per se...but there''s a few that I always associate with him and us and hope to have at our wedding far off in the future! One is ''18th Floor Balcony'' by Blue October, and the other is a song by one of my close friends, ''My Paradise'' which is just so beyond beautiful. I''ll give you the lyrics cause I can''t find it online to show you!

You looked into my eyes...
And the world felt right for awhile

I looked into your heart
And you and me were one for awhile...

And happiness it feels like this
When I''m with you the feeling''s true
The more I see the more I want
The more I tease, the more I flaunt
I''ve never felt like this before
I want you the more I see you...
I love you...

I love you...

I found my peace in you
The way you laughed, the way I cried
Always pulling through...

You gave everything to me..
and now I see, I gave my all....to you too...

And happiness it feels like this
When I''m with you, the feeling''s true,
The more I see the more I want
The more I tease, the more I flaunt
I''ve never felt like this before,
I want you the more I see you
I love you...you.....you...

Spinning into my paradise
I found my little paradise
sitting there in those eyes...
in those eyes.....

in those eyes...

in those eyes..

in those eyes...

in your eyes.

I look..into...my paradise...my paradise...

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/8/2009 10:09:56 PM
Author: Lilac
Our song is ''I Don''t Wanna Miss A Thing'' by Aerosmith. We heard it when we first started dating over 5 years ago and as we listened to it we got tears in our eyes because we finally *understood* the lyrics and knew what they felt like. We danced to that at our wedding and those were some of the most amazing moments of my life.
Aw
4.gif
That is so sweet!

We don''t have a song, nor have I ever had a song with anyone .. I''m not opposed to it, it just never happened. However, just about every love song makes me think of my SO!

RoxEHeart

Rough_Rock
Our song is Beast of Burden by the Rolling Stones....it''s not really romantic, but it''s the first song we danced to and it just kind of ended up being "our" song.
1.gif

MrsHToBe

Shiny_Rock
We have 2 songs--''Angel Eyes'' by The Jeff Healey Band, and ''Everything I Do (I Do It For You)'' by Bryan Adams.
''Angel Eyes'' was the first song we ever danced to, but neither of us knew what it was, so ''Everything I Do'' was our 2nd dance, and backup, lol.

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
We have two songs as well. Jeff''s Angel Eyes, and Nickleback''s Gotta Be Somebody. The latter is how he let me know he was interested in me, and Angel Eyes is how he let me know he was in love with me. That will be our first dance song.
1.gif

IrisAccents

Shiny_Rock
We have never declared an "official" song, but when we first started dating we kept it a secret because we didn''t want to be harrassed by our very nosy friends. But we raised a few eyebrowns and caused some rumors before we "came out".

Every time I hear "Something to Talk About" by Bonnie Rait it makes me smile and reminds me of our first few weeks together
30.gif
(and I don''t really listen to Country, so it''s always a pleasant surprise)

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
The luckiest by Ben Folds. We''re both suckers for anything that talks about old love.

brandithib

Rough_Rock
haha Miss Kitty.. before I actually left the states to do volunteer work in Africa, my friends played that song endlessly around me

Our song''s are "September" by Earth, Wind, & Fire... we kept dancing to that at Mardi Gras balls and for a slow song, "Wild Horses" by Rolling Stones

brandithib

Rough_Rock
*delete*

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
I don''t know if we really have "our" song...but we ALWAYS make sure to dance to "Wonderful Tonight" by Eric Clapton when we get the chance, and I want that to be our first dance. Everytime I hear "And I Thought I Loved You Then" by Brad Paisley, I get really teary-eyed. "Faithfully" is also a favorite of ours, sparklyring, since we went and saw Journey in concert last summer and danced to it at the concert (we were on the lawn outside)...

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
A lot of songs make me think of FI, but the song we''re dancing to at our wedding is "The Book of Love" by the Magnetic Fields. Love it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results