shape
carat
color
clarity

Your song?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lofi

Shiny_Rock
In the spirit of Jessie''s post on wedding colors, I''m curious how many of you know what song you''ll choose for your first dance as a married couple? I am 99% positive ours will be Songbird by Eva Cassidy... It holds a lot of meaning for us. What about you??

~L

Lofi

Shiny_Rock
Tiny bump... :)

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
"I don''t want to miss a thing" by Aerosmith..

Story:
Ok so it''s kinda lame but when the song came out (in 98) I was only 8 years old but i loved it so much and I just knew that It would be my wedding song one day. And it''s really funny but when I was in highschool, they played it at some of the dances but I always seemed to miss it. I would be talking to friends outside or my date and I would be grabbing something to drink and we''d walk into the dance "room" just as it ended. I was always a lil ticked But i knew that that song would be played when I was with the one I was supposed to marry (corny, much?).

So anyway, I met (now) bf at a party in ''04 and we talked about music (our favorite!). I told him that an aerosmith concert was coming up and we decided to go together! Now, i figured that there was a 50/50 chance that they would or would not play that song. It was a pretty big song for them, but they only recorded it for a movie so I kinda just put the "wedding song" thing out of my mind.

Until the music started and he asked me to dance. And started singing to me. And kissed me. And my heart melted! It was perfect. It was almost like we were in a movie or something!

So yeah.. it''s our song.. and it will be the song we play for our first dance as husband and wife.

We had bought tickets to the Aero concert that was supposed to be on Sept 10th (next month!) and I think he was planning on proposing then.. but it got canceled b/c Steven Tyler fell off a stage last week
39.gif

But even if he was planning on proposing then, I''m sure he has something (else) wonderful planned! I''m so excited!!
9.gif

Sorry to bore you with my story.. i''m just rather chatty this evening lol

Lofi

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/19/2009 11:52:37 PM
Author: jaylex
''I don''t want to miss a thing'' by Aerosmith..

Story:

Ok so it''s kinda lame but when the song came out (in 98) I was only 8 years old but i loved it so much and I just knew that It would be my wedding song one day. And it''s really funny but when I was in highschool, they played it at some of the dances but I always seemed to miss it. I would be talking to friends outside or my date and I would be grabbing something to drink and we''d walk into the dance ''room'' just as it ended. I was always a lil ticked But i knew that that song would be played when I was with the one I was supposed to marry (corny, much?).

So anyway, I met (now) bf at a party in ''04 and we talked about music (our favorite!). I told him that an aerosmith concert was coming up and we decided to go together! Now, i figured that there was a 50/50 chance that they would or would not play that song. It was a pretty big song for them, but they only recorded it for a movie so I kinda just put the ''wedding song'' thing out of my mind.

Until the music started and he asked me to dance. And started singing to me. And kissed me. And my heart melted! It was perfect. It was almost like we were in a movie or something!

So yeah.. it''s our song.. and it will be the song we play for our first dance as husband and wife.

We had bought tickets to the Aero concert that was supposed to be on Sept 10th (next month!) and I think he was planning on proposing then.. but it got canceled b/c Steven Tyler fell off a stage last week
39.gif

But even if he was planning on proposing then, I''m sure he has something (else) wonderful planned! I''m so excited!!
9.gif

Sorry to bore you with my story.. i''m just rather chatty this evening lol

Omgosh!! I can totally picture it! That is the sweetest story, Jaylex!! Too bad Steven fell off the stage - What was he thinking?! :)

bobbin

Shiny_Rock
I think it will be You''re my best friend by Queen. It accurately represents our relationship and I think it is a song SO could enjoy more.

I was also toying with Open Arms by Tracy Chapman or Storybook Love by Willy Deville YouTube link here

I really love Storybook Love (I think it might be storybook story actually but on YouTube it said storybook love) so I might change my mind before the day!

purselover

Ideal_Rock
We''re doing At Last, it''s not our song but I really like it and think it will make a nice first dance

pluck15

Shiny_Rock
We were also thinking of At Last...but we don''t really have a song, so basically our song will be something that I approve and we agree on
3.gif
I am a total country music girl and BF is not. So the wedding song will have to be a compromise between our taste. We both really like Michael Buble and Frank Sinatra so most likely it will end up being a song from one of those two, or from that genre. BF''s favorite romantic song is What A Wonderful World...so that is in the running too!

I''m really just secretly hoping that something will *magically* take place like jaylex''s story so that we will both just know what our song is *supposed* to be.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Barry White''s "Can''t get enough of your love baby"

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Luna by Smashing Pumpkins

thats our song. has been forever

Pushin40

Brilliant_Rock
Hmmm - not too sure if we''ll even have a "first dance" since we''ll have a DW on a beach. so I''m not sure really what will happen after the ceremony.

We are big Sanatra fans so any one of his songs wouldl be nice....it''s totally our style. To this day we always listen to him during dinner.

I also really love Fields of Gold, originally by Sting, remade by Eva Cassidy. I love her voice, it''s so hautning and romantic. She she was taken in her 30''s from breast cancer. It seems her popularity increased after her death, unfortunatly. Love her.

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/20/2009 3:04:15 PM
Author: Pushin40
Hmmm - not too sure if we''ll even have a ''first dance'' since we''ll have a DW on a beach. so I''m not sure really what will happen after the ceremony.

We are big Sanatra fans so any one of his songs wouldl be nice....it''s totally our style. To this day we always listen to him during dinner.

I also really love Fields of Gold, originally by Sting, remade by Eva Cassidy. I love her voice, it''s so hautning and romantic. She she was taken in her 30''s from breast cancer. It seems her popularity increased after her death, unfortunatly. Love her.
Pushin, Have you been introduced to LFVDoll? You two are her biggest fans! You need to meet! lol. I''ve never heard of Eva Cassidy before yesterday (from LFV) and now I''ve seen her name pop up here twice!

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
We''re using "The Book of Love" by the Magnetic Fields.

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
we''re still working on that
9.gif

nothing''s really struck me as just right yet, closest so far hsa been "and I thought I loved you Then" or whatever the title really is
3.gif
and "Keeper of the Stars" but that one just has a little too much twang for me. i can do twangy country but not for a slow dace/first dance

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Angel Eyes by Jeff Healy. It''s our song.

ilovethiswebsite

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/21/2009 4:56:31 PM
Author: Winks_Elf
Hey Winks - are you and your man back together again?

KatyWI

Brilliant_Rock
"What Are You Doing the Rest of Your Life" by Sinatra.

LOVE this song. LOOOOOVE.

The story behind how we came to use it is that "our song" is How to Save a Life by the Fray (another long story in and of itself), and it''s way too depressing to actually use for a first dance song. We then agreed that we wanted something more classic, but not overdone. I knew that Sinatra was my first choice for artist since we''re getting married at a theater where he used to perform... and there you have it!

It''s so romantic, I love it. I will say though, it''s been hard trying to nail down a tempo for dancing to it!

ts44

Brilliant_Rock
"It''s Magic" as sung by Doris Day.
1.gif

It''s sweet, romantic, relatively short (my fiance is a shy dancer) and Doris Day''s voice is so beautiful, it catches me every time.

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/21/2009 1:31:49 AM
Author: ladypirate
We''re using ''The Book of Love'' by the Magnetic Fields.

LOVE it!

Also, another Eva Cassidy fan, over here
35.gif

FI and I are actually.. er.. performing instead of dancing. We''re not much for slow dancing and would feel awkward with people watching us, so we''ve decided to perform, "Grow Old With You." We''re a pretty musical duo, we love The Wedding Singer, and the song is just so fun and sweet. We''re better at signing and playing in front of crowds than we are at dancing in front of them.

Originally, when we planned on a first dance, it was going to be "13" by Ben Kweller. If we still somehow wind up doing a first dance, we''d probably stick with "13" or "Bella Notte" (Lady & The Tramp version, no less).

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 8/21/2009 8:16:38 PM
Author: ilovethiswebsite
Date: 8/21/2009 4:56:31 PM

Author: Winks_Elf

Hey Winks - are you and your man back together again?

Nope! I''ve fallen in love and found my soulmate.
35.gif

Callisto

Brilliant_Rock
We haven''t ever discussed it in length but I know my suggestion will be "More" by Frank Sinatra. So beautiful and not too cheesy.

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
I haven''t discussed this one with the boy yet, but I''m hoping he''ll agree to "Wonderful Tonight" by Eric Clapton. I absolutely love that song, I feel like it perfectly describes us, and we''ve danced to it together at every wedding we''ve been at this past year. If that''s not it, it will probably be "Nightingale" by Norah Jones, which is one of the first songs we ever danced to together (in his apartment one evening when we had barely started dating).

Apparently I''m going to have to look up this Eva Cassidy... :)

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We didn''t have a "first dance" but our song was

Duncan Sheik "For You"

Londongirl1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/22/2009 5:33:28 PM
Author: vc10um
I haven''t discussed this one with the boy yet, but I''m hoping he''ll agree to ''Wonderful Tonight'' by Eric Clapton. I absolutely love that song, I feel like it perfectly describes us, and we''ve danced to it together at every wedding we''ve been at this past year. If that''s not it, it will probably be ''Nightingale'' by Norah Jones, which is one of the first songs we ever danced to together (in his apartment one evening when we had barely started dating).

Apparently I''m going to have to look up this Eva Cassidy... :)
Great lyrics and very appropriate for a wedding day
2.gif

Bobbin - You''re my best friend by Queen is a great song
36.gif

We''ll probably go with Ribbon in the Sky by Stevie Wonder

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/23/2009 4:46:05 AM
Author: Londongirl1

2.gif

I think so...here''s hoping he agrees!!!
9.gif

Lofi

Shiny_Rock
So... remember when I said I was 99% sure our song would be "Songbird" by Eva Cassidy?? So today B and I decided that as much as we love that song, the song that really feels like us and makes us think of each other whenever we play it is "Kissing" by Bliss. And so that is 100% going to be our song. No doubt in my mind now. Yayyy!! I can totally picture us dancing to it! Makes me tear up!

Londongirl1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/23/2009 6:15:49 PM

2.gif

9.gif
Well if he doesn''t you could change the song to ''Single ladies'' by Beyonce
31.gif

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/24/2009 9:18:26 AM

Date: 8/23/2009 6:15:49 PM

2.gif

9.gif
Well if he doesn''t you could change the song to ''Single ladies'' by Beyonce
31.gif
HAHA. Couldn''t hurt to throw that out there as an argument!
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results