shape
carat
color
clarity

Your photographer and the ''must have'' photos list

Are you using the list, did you use the list for e-pics, or are you throwing caution to the wind?

• Yes, we''re using the ''must have'' list for our photograher, we did the same for our e-pics.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Yes we''re using the ''must have'' list only for the wedding.

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

violet02

Ideal_Rock
How may of you used a ''must have'' photos list that you handed to your photograher? Did you do the same for engagement photos or just went with the flow? I''m asking because I had this huge list printed out imagining have to do pose after post with family members. Having to say please take bling shots and so on and so forth. I figured it would take a long time and FI and I woud have to do all of our photos ahead of time to save time.... pre-ceremony and kind of ruining that first ''seeing of each other moment''. We had friends that had to do that last year... Anyways after doing our e-shots with our photographer, realizing how artistic and blazingly fast he is, and having him reassure us that he''ll get all the shots just point him in the right direction and they''ll all be done in 20 minutes and also reassuring us that it would be sweeter to not do our together photos until after as we originaly wanted we scrapped our regimented plan and went with his go with the flow attitude. He already knew basics like make sure to run around and get the table shots before they get trashed by guets etc and for some reason after seeing his vast portfolio I trust him!

So how many of you are using the ''must have'' list? Did you use it on your e-shots? Or are you scrapping it altogether?

violet02

Ideal_Rock
I guess this question stems from how much you trust your photographer.. obviously he''ll need more direction during the recpetion but if you''re family is lined up to take photos then is there really a list you need to say please take a photo of me with each person lined up here? Maybe the list is more for myself to remember?

violet02

Ideal_Rock
Let me guess everyone''s having the must have list!

goldenstar

Brilliant_Rock
We had an engagement shoot and didn''t use a list, and we are not using a list for the wedding day. Our photog is experienced and I definitely trust her.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Violet...

I had only 16 guests at my wedding - and we still managed to miss some shots we would have liked. In some ways we''re fixing that (we shipped our invitations and STDs for him to photograph, and he''s going to give us some shots of the resort from a more panoramic angle, etc.) We missed some other things that we will not be able to capture now though (one of my top ones was catching my FI walking down to the ceremony by himself).

I strongly recommend against having a huge list of must-have photos, but I strongly recommend having a list of your top 10 or 20 shots.

What I think is important is talking to your FI and identifying those things that would be really cool/special for you guys to have as a memory, that the photographer wouldn''t necessarily know about or guess. So for example, I wouldn''t list "Shot with my grandparents" because I would trust that the photographer will capture that. However - if I wanted a shot of my grandfather kissing my grandmother on the cheek (for whatever reason) I would list that in my top 10.

I also think the list could be broad to give the photographer a sense of the things that will be important to you - i.e., - you could say "cocktail hour setup" or "closeups of the food" because these are things that he might not think would be important to you.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
We know our photographer well, and trusted her implicitely; however, we still had a list of must-have wedding photos. Because, even with a list, some shots will get missed. They just will. If the photog knows, going in, which are the MOST important to you, you''ll have a better chance of not missing something you thought was necessary. Our gal was so busy, she forgot to get a picture of the front of the Inn! Seems like an ''of couse'' shot, but she missed it. So be as definite as you can be about which shots are an absolute must have.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
We definitely didn''t give our photogs a "list" of pics to get. I was more concerned that they captured the moments as they happened, rather than things we manufactured to get a good picture. There are definitely a few shots I wish they got, but it''s just one of those things- I don''t think it''s possible to get EVERYTHING unless there are multiple photogs shooting.

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
we have a list for our wedding day but it''s only a list of family members - i have two full stepfamilies with five other total siblings plus 3 in-laws so i would have a million possible combinations and i just wanted to have it written out so that it wasn''t a game of "umm, who do you want in the next one" during the short time we''ll have for formals/family shots. as for the cake, rings, etc, i don''t really care, i trust our photographer.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results