shape
carat
color
clarity

Your perfect proposal?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
I''m sure this thread has been done before in some way or another, but just thought I''d start it anyway for all the current LIWs!

What are some of your perfect proposal scenarios? Besides just being proposed to at all...
31.gif

I really have no idea... I just mentioned in another post that I''m AWFUL with romantic moments... laughing and cracking inappropriate jokes, that sort of thing. I would probably be way more touched by something simple and unexpected, than something dramatic and carefully planned-out. Like I had this vision of getting ice cream and walking home through the park (I''m obsessed with this park) and him randomly pulling out a ring to the effect of "wait I have another topping for your sundae"... haha. OK, maybe not that... but something equally fun and silly and sweet would be good. What about you guys? Anyone already have their dream proposal in mind?

sk8rjen

Brilliant_Rock
I really haven''t got a dream proposal now. (Last summer if it could have happened that soon, I dreamed he''d propose to me on the cruise we took at sea during the sunset)

I hope that whatever he decides to do, he puts some thought into it (not just pull the ring out when we get it and "here ya go") and I want it to be sincere, not goofy. I persoanlly do not care if it is public or private. The restaraunt thing is not my favorite idea, but as long as what he says is heartfelt, I''d be happy with it.

Back at Christmas (when I was hoping for it) I secretly wished he''d do it in front of his family on Christmas Eve when his whole family got together. He''s a private person and something like that would have/would still mean a lot to me b/c he''d have to overcome some of his own boundaries to do that.

I guess this doesn''t really answer the question, does it?

jen

35.gif

laurel_aurelia

Shiny_Rock
my perfect proposal would have been when he and i were on our cruise in january. he had bought the ring in september, and when it came in, he would randomly let me "wear it", but he hadn''t proposed yet. i figured it would be done on the cruise in january -- but then about a week after he GOT the ring (september 30) we were at a hockey game with my fam.. and we decided we should do it sooner rather than later (i was wearing the ring anyway, etc).

we had only been together for TWO MONTHS. but he proposed that night, and i knew it was coming, on the microphone at a karaoke bar in front of all of our friends. at the time i was QUITE happy about it because we were "engaged".. it was hard to tell our parents (after two months!) but they were happy and things are great. and, when my roommate moved out i ended up in a bind, and because we were engaged we were able to buy a house together and feel okay about it, etc.

So, in some ways i''m happy because for PRACTICAL purposes it turned out GREAT -- but for romantic purposes, it wasn''t anything to write home about. lol maybe 20 years from now he''ll ask me to renew our vowS? lol

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
So...I would obviously love any proposal and also wouldn''t care if he just did it over dinner or something. But...if I were to dream here are a few I would like in no particular order. Most of these are waaaay overboard...but it''s fun anyways. By the way, I''m not that traditional, so some of these might sound weird to you.

1) (we are long distance now) Fly to CA without telling me and do something like call me on my cell and say "look out your window"...or something like that...and have it be him proposing!

2) When we are home in MN sometime would could go to this dualing piano bar with some of our friends. It would just seem like a regular night on the town...but he would have the pianists sing to each other and and have it turn into a proposal for me somehow. Then the bar cheers, and all of us drink and be merry haha.

3) He could wake me up while I''m sleeping in the middle of the night and all cozy in bed with him, whisper sweet things, and then put the ring on my finger...I''m sure that might lead somewhere haha.
2.gif

4) He could call me from work and tell me to order a pizza for us before he gets home. Earlier, he would have arranged a deal with the pizza place...and he would himself pick up the pizza in some sort of uniform with a hat. He would walk up to the door with his hat kind of lowered on his face so I couldn''t tell it was him...then when I give him the money he would get down on his knee and say something like, "before I can give you the pizza you have to say yes," and then he would present the ring in the pizza box or something. I realize this one sounds weird...but I think it would be cute.

Damn, I''m creative haha!!! Look at all of these ideas. If only men would go to pricescope more often.

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
I think my perfect proposal would be at the botanic garden near us, which is gorgeous. We went once before and we felt completely isolated from all others (most of the time) and it was a great day. To me, it kind of feels like "our spot" even though we''ve only been there once.
Now, I don''t see it happening this way but I enjoy picturing it in my mind..

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Hmmmmm... I''d like for it to be romantic, sincere, private, and SOON.
9.gif

Last spring, we went to the top of a nearby mountain and watched the sunset. There are also beautiful places nearby to go on drives, and a lot of places to pull off and look at the gorgeous mountain views. I was anticipating that he''d want to propose at one of these places, or by the river. They''d be so beautiful and perfect. But, now I''m home recovering from surgery and his deadline is quickly approaching. We''ll have to see what he decides.

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/28/2006 12:14:35 PM
Author: Blenheim
Hmmmmm... I''d like for it to be romantic, sincere, private, and SOON.
9.gif

Blen, perfectly said!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results