shape
carat
color
clarity

Your original ering...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pave

Rough_Rock
I was just wondering how many people on this board still wear their original ering?
If you don''t...
Did you have the diamond or stone reset into something new?
Did you get it redone?
An upgrade?
I''m just curious...
Thanks!

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t wear my original ER. It was set in white gold, and unfortunetly, hubby had the ring for longer than the 90 day return date by the time he proposed. So the time I figured out that I was allergic to WG, it was too late. I should have known as I have sensitive skin... I have the ring in a safety deposit box as I am going to keep it. Afterall, it was the ring he proposed to. It was a round dimamond with sides, and small mele stuff.

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
My original e-ring is now, for the most part, a RHR, although I will wear it when I''m going out and doing something active and don''t want to wear my upgrade.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mine''s got a big ole interlap Flanders in it.
9.gif
The original diamond was traded in to get the pear I have now.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wear my original ering. I am planning on getting a new stone and keeping this one. I thinking about turning my original stone into a pendant.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
I don''t have my original diamond but I do still have my original ering setting and I still LOVE it!
1.gif

blodthecat

Brilliant_Rock
Anyone got pictures of their original ering?

blodthecat

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s mine, which I stil love!

moppy.JPG

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
I never got an e-ring, but a few years after we got married, I purchased a diamond ring for myself in a old vintage platinum setting.
When I graduated from school, my husband reset the diamond in a princess channel setting with a matching band, which I still have.
I wear it a lot actually. I just wore it the other day at work. It is a lot smaller than my 10 year anniversary ring, but blingy in it's own right and I don't have any plans of selling it or trading it.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I''m still wearing mine due to the fact that I can''t seem to find m,y anniversary upgrade! It is 1 ct. set in a 4 prong tiffany setting, YG band with WG prongs. My original w-band has little diamonds, and I still love the look! I''ll probably have my new ones set the same other than changing to larger stones and platinum!

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
I currently wear my original engagement ring as a RHR and it is now set with a 1 carat equivalent London blue topaz (my birthstone is blue topaz). It is a platinum basket set three stone ring with two .17 carat stones on either side of the center, .16 tcw pave with milgrain on the sides.

It was originally set with a 1.07 carat round diamond which was traded in for my 1.52 round that is now in my new set.

21.gif

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
Within a few days, my original e-ring will be set with a sapphire to become a right hand ring.
The ring is yellow gold and the sapphire is a cornflower blue.
I am excited to see if it turns out as well as I hope.
18.gif

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
My original engagement stone is the middle stone from this ring I had made for my right hand.

ring 010a.JPG

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
My original e-ring is a heart-shaped diamond solitaire in a YG setting. It''s about .5 ct. It is in the jewelry box, but I wear it at times if I am in a sentimental mood. I had it set with a higher head, but it is the same otherwise as when DH proposed. I don''t know if I would get it reset. Still thinking about that.

pave

Rough_Rock
Thank you all for sharing your stories.

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
here is mine 1/4 carat without papers, very well cut, and white as heck. next to it is my "dammit I'm 40, and I want a big rock!" ring with the helzberg wrap. AKA "the pawn shop pear".

hubby wouldn't let me upgrade for sentimental reasons.

this is how I wear them.

edited to add: the little one is the one that the setting has been changed out twice now (due to fabric abrasion?). see how the rhodium is worn off and that particular setting is only three months old?

pearwrap5.jpg

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/3/2006 7:44:48 AM
Author: ladykemma
here is mine 1/4 carat without papers, very well cut, and white as heck. next to it is my ''dammit I''m 40, and I want a big rock!'' ring with the helzberg wrap. AKA ''the pawn shop pear''.

hubby wouldn''t let me upgrade for sentimental reasons.

this is how I wear them.

edited to add: the little one is the one that the setting has been changed out twice now (due to fabric abrasion?). see how the rhodium is worn off and that particular setting is only three months old?
Good for you on getting a rock for your 40th!!!
36.gif
36.gif

I had to do a double take on the ''wrap''/paer! I really like your wrap! A lot of times, I see wraps that take away from the center stone. Yours compliments the pear pefrectly!

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/3/2006 10:24:42 AM
Author: Snooper

Date: 6/3/2006 7:44:48 AM
Author: ladykemma
here is mine 1/4 carat without papers, very well cut, and white as heck. next to it is my ''dammit I''m 40, and I want a big rock!'' ring with the helzberg wrap. AKA ''the pawn shop pear''.

hubby wouldn''t let me upgrade for sentimental reasons.

this is how I wear them.

Good for you on getting a rock for your 40th!!!
36.gif
36.gif

I had to do a double take on the ''wrap''/paer! I really like your wrap! A lot of times, I see wraps that take away from the center stone. Yours compliments the pear pefrectly!
thank you. I like wraps. (I know, I know....1980s) They help with diamond boredom.

I am very fond of 5 stone rings. I have another, all round.

how''s that fer a thread hi jack?

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
Nothing wrong with the 80''s :razz: At least the wrap will provide you with options:)

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL. My original e-ring (a teensy .16 oval) has been in the jewelry box since I upgraded the original husband. I''ve been trying to come up with a pendant design so I can reset it with a round brilliant I inherited from my grandmother.

widget

Ideal_Rock

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
My first stone, a rb 1.53 is now in a pave diamond bezel on white gold and a thin chain. I love it. I think I still have the setting, which I do not love, but I think it kept it...

The first upgrade, a three stone emerald cut 5 carats total went back to Tiffany''s so I coud get the next upgrade! (no way was he letting me have both, so I totally understand, but I did have a tough time letting it go...)

The first one is close to my heart since I can wear it on a chain and though I do not think the stone is amazing, it works fine...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results