shape
carat
color
clarity

Your opinions on CAD images pls - HW style halo by ERD!!

syd

Shiny_Rock
The centre stone will be a 1.51ct I colour, Si1, ideal cut round brilliant diamond. Do the CAD images look good to you? I'd like my ring to be similar to BHMom's and Frankiextah's gorgeous rings.

salome 1.jpg

salome 2.jpg

salome 3.jpg

salome 4.jpg

slg47

Ideal_Rock
I think the CAD looks good but I prefer it without pave on the donut.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Same here. Looks good, but I would never put pave on the base of the head (doughnut) because it will scratch the wedding band. Much better for smooth metal to touch smooth metal (if she plans to wear a wedding band).

syd

Shiny_Rock
That's the one aspect of the design I've been in two minds about. I think I'm leaning towards taking out the pave in the donut because I do want to wear the wedding band on the same finger.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful! The stone looks very low set in the setting--did you want it that way?

syd

Shiny_Rock
Yes I did, although I want the bottom of the diamond to be visible.

syd

Shiny_Rock
These are the specs I gave to Mark T at ERD:

- set the stone as low as possible - so that there is minimal distance between the cutlet and the donut
- curved struts
- keep the donut as small as possible
- diamonds in the halo at an angle to the centre stone, not level.
- as little metal showing as possible between the diamonds in the halo and the centre stone

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'd take the pave off the donut, definitely.

syd

Shiny_Rock
My husband is very concerned that there will be a band of metal between the melee in the setting. Do you think it just appears that way in the CADs but will not look that way in reality? We would like the diamonds in the melee to almost touch each other.

slg47

Ideal_Rock

mogster

Shiny_Rock
syd said:
My husband is very concerned that there will be a band of metal between the melee in the setting. Do you think it just appears that way in the CADs but will not look that way in reality? We would like the diamonds in the melee to almost touch each other.

I have an ERD ring with similar CADs. In reality, the melee diamonds touch each other. Have you been to their FB page? They have a bunch of pictures of what your ring will probably look like.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
You DO NOT want the diamonds close enough to the edges to touch, they will destroy each other and you will end up with damaged diamonds in both rings.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
slg47|1319223733|3044914 said:
I think the CAD looks good but I prefer it without pave on the donut.

agreed. I think pave on the donut causes rubbing issues with the wedding band.

syd

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for your input!

Mogster, do you have a picture of the CAD and actual ring you can post? I did a search for your ring, but the photo was quite small.

syd

Shiny_Rock
Missed one image...

salome 5.jpg

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
CADs typically put weight on images (a bit like the mirror in my bedroom :nono: ) and so I wonder if this is going to be super delicate? Do you know how wide the band will be when finished because although people like seeing little or no metal in truth it does affect longevity of the piece?

syd

Shiny_Rock
I've asked that the band be 2mm in width and the halo be 1.5mm in width. However if the melee in relation to the width is super small then more metal would be visible? Maybe I should specify the size of melee he should use for the width I've requested?

One more thing I noticed is that the shank is not rounded on the inside. I think I like the look of that similar to bhmom's ring in this image.

Does anyone know what ERD's warranty and post purchase service is like? Do they replace lost melee without charging for it?

IMG_0011.jpg

mogster

Shiny_Rock
syd said:
Mogster, do you have a picture of the CAD and actual ring you can post? I did a search for your ring, but the photo was quite small.

These pictures are from my camera phone. I wish I could be more helpful, but my other camera only has manual primes. :|

CAD rendering

Actual ring (zoomed)

Ring as it looks like to me

for syd 1.jpg

for syd 3.jpg

for syd 2.jpg

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mogster - how wide is your band please?

Syd - can you see how yours looks much much much slimmer than Mogsters (and Mogster's ring is lovely and slim)? I would worry about not seeing any metal because that's exactly when the integrity of the ring is compromised.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mogster|1319308476|3045506 said:
LovingDiamonds said:
Mogster - how wide is your band please?

1.8 mm

WOW that really surprises me! Well on that basis the 2mm should be absolutely fine. I just thought the CADs looked so delicate that it worried me! Clearly I'm wrong :wink2:

MuffDog

Shiny_Rock
As someone who has diamonds on her donut (sounds funny, I know) I think you should definitely get rid of them. The diamonds don't just damage the wedding band, but the wedding band has flattened the prongs on the donut and they look funny now. And that is from wearing a WB next to it, oh, 30 times over the past 4 years.

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
I think the CAD looks great except I agree with most everyone else, I would take the diamonds off of the donut.

syd

Shiny_Rock
Here's what I asked Mark to tweak:

- no pave on donut
- minimize metal between each pave diamond... keep them as close as possible
- rounded in the inside part of the shank instead of flat
- I couldn't tell from the pictures, but would like the halo to be more delicate than shank (1.5mm vs 2mm)

Can't wait to see the outcome... getting excited!!!

syd

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for posting the pics mogster. Your CADs were even more metallic looking than mine, but your ring turned out beautiful!

syd

Shiny_Rock
Here's a couple of photos of the finished rings. What do you all think?

I've asked for some more pictures where I can see the struts, donut. But from the top it looks just like what I asked for. Can't wait to see these in person!!

salome.jpg

salome 2.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it turned out very lovely! Hope you love it in person.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
It looks lovely!

syd

Shiny_Rock
one more...

salome 3.jpg

cagirl333

Rough_Rock
Perfect ring! I see you said your shank is 2mm and halo 1.5mm. Do you know what mm stones they used in each??

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results