shape
carat
color
clarity

Your opinion please on necklaces and ageing decolletages :/

GeorgieQ

Brilliant_Rock
I'm thinking of having a little .50ct cushion cut diamond that is currently in my original e'ring, remodelled into a necklace (simple bezel on a fine chain). My decolletage ain't what it used to be, being a sun loving nearly 50 year old Aussie who grew up in Queensland, the home of endless summer. I was contemplating a bangle but I think the diamond is too small and would get a bit 'lost'. My question is this, do you think a necklace is a wise choice for an ageing neck/chest area or do you say bugger it, wear what you want?

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL, I’m struggling with the same thing. I’m on the other side of 50 and in the process of having a necklace made. I was super excited getting the process started. Then a week in I thought “gee, was it smart to spend the money cause what if it doesn’t look good in a few years as my décolletage continues to age”. I decided to say bugger it and wear what I want, and if it looks bad 10yrs from now I can easily repurpose the diamonds into earrings or a bracelet. A 1/2ct cushion pendant will be beautiful and classic - go for it!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think a necklace is a very nice idea. I’m much older than you so your décolletage is much better than mine..lol...I think at your age it should look very nice..I don’t think you need to even worry about it at fifty years old. I wear necklaces every day but keep the pendants higher.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have bad OA in my hands. I started to have "old lady" hands when I turned 35. My old lady everything else is creeping in as well. I say wear what you like. I notice jewelry on senior citizens and I never think "That's pretty, too bad her skin is sagging." I just see shiny and pretty. :)

GeorgieQ

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks ladies, I am definitely finding that as I get older my care factor as to what other people think of me is at an all time low! @Lisa Loves Shiny I love what you said re: only seeing 'shiny and pretty', me too!! I've never looked at a woman wearing jewellery and thought oh wow she's too old for that piece, I usually think, good on her, she's rocking it!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Take inspiration from The Dutchess of Cornwall
And she must be well and trully 70, she not only goes all out with spectacular necklases but also is also Queen of the pearl checkers, that saddly some peeps are too scared to still wear because they perceive them as being best on a young neck
Don't worry about it

and use sunscreen and moisturizer on one's décolletage

Or else find a freindly middle Eastern freind to give you a necklase so big none of your décolletage will be visible
news-graphics-2007-_442993a.jpg

GeorgieQ

Brilliant_Rock
Take inspiration from The Dutchess of Cornwall
And she must be well and trully 70, she not only goes all out with spectacular necklases but also is also Queen of the pearl checkers, that saddly some peeps are too scared to still wear because they perceive them as being best on a young neck
Don't worry about it

and use sunscreen and moisturizer on one's décolletage

Or else find a freindly middle Eastern freind to give you a necklase so big none of your décolletage will be visible
news-graphics-2007-_442993a.jpg

I go hard with the sunscreen and moisturiser (Glory Oil is a game changer!) but I fear it's too little too late and the damage is already done, plus being a side/tummy sleeper doesn't help the wrinkle situation :roll2: but having said all that, it is what it is, and I think I'll do the necklace remodel regardless of my sun damaged decolletage!
PSA to any younger PSers - use a sunscreen whenever you're in the sun and moisturise!!! ;)2

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

While I have no décolletage, I do have skin & sun damage + jewellery=so I'll manage it . Rock what you've got. It's the only way.

cheers--Sharon

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
There are silicone chest masks that side sleepers can use to protect the chest from wrinkling. I haven't tried it yet but I'm tempted!

This is the first one that popped up, I'm sure there are better ones: https://www.siobeauty.com/products/...j-jLiFsD0V_iCdv3duYpCI_NuusGoSvhoCiVwQAvD_BwE

This has good reviews on google:

GeorgieQ

Brilliant_Rock
There are silicone chest masks that side sleepers can use to protect the chest from wrinkling. I haven't tried it yet but I'm tempted!

This is the first one that popped up, I'm sure there are better ones: https://www.siobeauty.com/products/...j-jLiFsD0V_iCdv3duYpCI_NuusGoSvhoCiVwQAvD_BwE

This has good reviews on google:

I had seen these and wondered if they actually work......might be time to find out!

I'd love to know if anyone else has tried them and what results they got....

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
I notice the days I wake up on my side, the deep chest wrinkles stay for about half the day. Days when I wake up on my face or back, nothing. I am horrible about sleeping on my stomach, on the right side of my face though, that side is noticeably more saggy than the other!

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Over 50 by some and also an Aussie with skin damage. Sunscreen / hats etc weren’t a “thing” in my day moreso basting oneself in baby oil or coconut oil and going for the fry! Didn’t consider the consequences back then!
Im fatter, greyer and more wrinkly but it doesn’t bother me I wear what I like when I like.
sadly I can’t wear my 16 inch necklaces anymore so 18 inches inbetween the double chin and wrinkled chest it is :dance:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Over 50 by some and also an Aussie with skin damage. Sunscreen / hats etc weren’t a “thing” in my day moreso basting oneself in baby oil or coconut oil and going for the fry! Didn’t consider the consequences back then!
Im fatter, greyer and more wrinkly but it doesn’t bother me I wear what I like when I like.
sadly I can’t wear my 16 inch necklaces anymore so 18 inches inbetween the double chin and wrinkled chest it is :dance:

We knew better about the sun but i still baked till i blistered
I do not have a slim neck (or a slim anything else any more) but i just got a 17inch strand of fun FW pearls and im really surprised how comfortable they are and also to my eye the strand doesn't actually look too small like i thought it would. It just sits on my collar bone
So never think never

GeorgieQ

Brilliant_Rock
I notice the days I wake up on my side, the deep chest wrinkles stay for about half the day. Days when I wake up on my face or back, nothing. I am horrible about sleeping on my stomach, on the right side of my face though, that side is noticeably more saggy than the other!
Yesss!!! Me too! I also find that if I've slept on my tummy I end up with a crease on my cheek from my pillow that lasts for ages :roll2: I'm going to try and make a concerted effort to sleep on my back from now on. Wish me luck.

:lol: Ah Bron you had me in stitches with this post! I baked myself stupid as well, even now there's something about being out in the sunshine that I find totally relaxing! Admittedly though today it's sunscreen instead of Reef Oil! I like your philosophy of wearing what you want when you want, sounds good to me!

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My serious (but I personally find hard to implement) answer is wear what you want. We all age and there shouldn’t be any shame in it. A gorgeous necklace is a gorgeous necklace regardless of who’s wearing it, and if it gives you pleasure to wear than who cares about anyone else.

My less serious answer would be to up the size of your necklace, ideally to the point where it obscures any skin that troubles you. I sent this picture to some of the pearls girls a week or so ago as my ideal solution to my beginning-to-turn-turkey neck! It’s a bit full on for the local supermarket so I’d still have some situational problems to solve :?:
1617528152162.png

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't care a fig about what others might think of my aging self. I wear my wrinkles proudly. I have been through a lot in life and I am a warrior. My scars, wrinkles, lines and otherwise aging skin and gray hair prove it. So yeah I am not going to let superficial external signs affect how I feel about myself and affect what I enjoy wearing. Wear what you love and love being who you are and love getting older. With all due respect, it is the only choice that makes sense. IMO.

"With every wrinkle, a gray strand of hair, and scar — both visible to the eye and beneath the skin — I’m convinced that aging isn’t the end of a beautiful thing, but the beautiful thing itself."

oldpeopleworksofart.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm thinking of having a little .50ct cushion cut diamond that is currently in my original e'ring, remodelled into a necklace (simple bezel on a fine chain). My decolletage ain't what it used to be, being a sun loving nearly 50 year old Aussie who grew up in Queensland, the home of endless summer. I was contemplating a bangle but I think the diamond is too small and would get a bit 'lost'. My question is this, do you think a necklace is a wise choice for an ageing neck/chest area or do you say bugger it, wear what you want?

Yes, I say "bugger it" and wear (and love) what you want. You deserve it @GeorgieQ!

Screen Shot 2021-04-04 at 6.28.40 AM.png

GeorgieQ

Brilliant_Rock
@lissyflo I actually love this and may have to seriously consider it!

@missy thanks for your words of wisdom and I couldn't agree more, if I'm honest I actually really quite enjoy the ageing process as it's freeing in a way that youth never was and it's a privilege to be able to age in any way we choose! =)2

@Daisys and Diamonds yes I remember Reef Oil spf 4, that was my go to! I actually thought it was protecting me whilst tanning at the same time!!! Doh!! :twirl::wall:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy thanks for your words of wisdom and I couldn't agree more, if I'm honest I actually really quite enjoy the ageing process as it's freeing in a way that youth never was and it's a privilege to be able to age in any way we choose! =)2

Yes so true. It *is* freeing.

Hope it is OK to share another quote. I love this one too and well, it's full of wisdom and truth.

aging.jpg

It is so much easier to leave any pretense or hiding behind who one really is. It is freeing to just be oneself without concern for judgment or recrimination. We can finally just be. Of course for those advanced individuals who were able to be exactly who they were before getting older kudos to them. But aging allows one to be who they really are so much more easily when one is young.

Made in London

Brilliant_Rock
Well ladies I am 67 years old & I wear my 18 inch pearls & a 20inch 1.25ct Moissy pendant every day. Yes I'm aging but I'm aging gracefully & refuse to give up my jewellery passion. Honestly ladies, if there's a wrinkle....... hang a diamond on it!:D

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results