shape
carat
color
clarity

Your nail color for the wedding

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
Hey girls. How did you do your nail for the wedding? I never paint my nails so just want to get some ideas for my wedding.

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
I did a clear-pinkish polish. It wasn't overwhelming, but it was nice. I didn't want my nails getting a ton of attention but if they were seen, I wanted them to look nice.

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
I did Strawberry Smoothie Shellac. It was the perfect color of pale pink and my nails stayed chip-free all through the honeymoon.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I did a french manicure, because one of my bridesmaids treated me to a mani for the big day. Had i done it myself I would have used an OPI pale pink opaque color -- easy to do and still pretty and bridal. I like "kiss on the chic" and "bubble bath."

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
Thanks. I was thinking maybe french manicure as well, but pale pink seems to be a popular option as well. Personally I'd like to stay out of the nail salon since every time I go, it just hurts to get my nail done.

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
I am really glad I didn't do a French Mani because the morning of the wedding I managed to nick a large chunk out of my left pinky nail with my razon when I was shaving. It didn't go below the quick or anything, and there was no blood, but I had to cut off pretty much the entire length of the nail past the tip of my finger, and I could assure you it would have cut off all the white tip on that finger. Instead, I just had a really short nail and no one was the wiser.

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
I got a pale pink gel manicure.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I got a tips and acrylics and french manicure. The tips were very square and rigid and my nails look funny in a couple of close up pics. Whatever you do... have it be natural. Otherwise when you see the pics you might be like me... "whose hands are those???"

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I used a sheer pink and then a layer of a pink with shimmer on top I think. It looked almost clear though. I painted them at midnight the night before while in bed because my mom nagged me about it for 4 hours during rehearsal.

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
I had the gel tips with a french manicure. This is my go to thing for any special event and I thought it looked classy. :)

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
My nails were a total mess- si I went with a French manicure gel tips. I needed the length and strength since my nails were so shot.

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
I went with Shellac. The color was "Romantique." We left for our honeymoon a few days later and the manicure lasted through daily ocean swims and came off easily at exactly 14 days. Very little chipping.

I guess I'm partial to a pale pink color for brides. I like a french manicure if the nails are on the shorter side (natural or gel/acrylic).

slg47

Ideal_Rock
I am also thinking of going with a pale pink shellac manicure.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
I think I'll do french on my toes...and probably just clear on my fingers. We fly out for the wedding the day after Thanksgiving, which means I'll have to get my nails done the day before Thanksgiving. I'm a little nervous about it lasting through the wedding (which is the Sunday after Thanksgiving).

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can't seem to get Shellac to work for me but OPI Axxium works amazingly well for me. I always layer two colors, on the bottom is Pink before you leap and then a coat of bubble bath over top. I have both in regular polish and do that on my toes too if I ever bother with my feet. It would be a great combo for a wedding too I think.

vsc

Shiny_Rock
I did my own - sephora by OPI "Let's do lunch" - it's a slightly orangeish pink nude color (decor/flowers were orange).
Topped with insta-dri top coat by sally hansen - it makes it all glossy and really works at drying things fast and preventing chips.
Very subtle color - here's a bad pic.

wedding nails.jpg

A light pink color.

I should've done shellac though.. I LOVE that stuff.

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
I did my own nails because I totally forgot to book an appointment! I was seriously on my way to the ceremony, looked at my hands, and realized that my nails were all grungy and chewed up. Luckily I had a pale pink OPI polish in my car so I put some on quickly before heading out! Seems like a lot of girls go for pale pink.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results