shape
carat
color
clarity

Your longest time awake?

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I only ask because I (just about) stand here, getting ready for bed at 2235 on a Tuesday night, having had about 80 minutes sleep since I woke up on Sunday morning at around 0900, trying to make my failing brain work out how long that is... :lol: lol

61 and a half hours, isn't it?? :???:

I'm quite awake but am very aware that I need to double-check when I do anything... :lol:

I shall crash out very shortly!

So, who's the PS record-holder?!

I am imagining that some people with a military background may well have undertaken extreme sleep-deprivation training or even active duty, which would surely trump my many hours sat in front of a screen during my time... lol

voce

Ideal_Rock
I don't think this is a record that anyone should strive for. When I was a teenager I once stayed up 37 hours straight without caffeine and without a wink of sleep when I was playing a computer game. With the right drugs (caffeine) and/or enough motivation/stakes (if I were piloting a trans-Atlantic flight in a vintage plane without any radio support) I'm sure I could last much, much longer.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
....once when i was on an army exercise that involved driving unimogs around in the dark without lights on, on public roads in the wee small hours we had to sign a waiver about not having the legally required rest breaks .....
another time possibly durring the same ecercise for some reason we got really short of personal able to do sentry duty - me and this guy from audinence had to do it hour on hour off for what seemed like forever - eventually a friendly sargent who had observed our deteriorating state and no doubt deteriorating efficiency put a stop to it and found someone else to do it while we crashed in the back on his tent

loved every minute of it :mrgreen2:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My every day routine is I go to bed about 12:30 I get up at 6:20am, I usually get to sleep somewhere between 2:00am and 3:0am because I have insomnia.

When I had my son I couldn't sleep for 3 days they gave me sleeping tablets in hospital to try and get me to sleep.

I've tried sleeping tablets which I don't like because they make me less sharp for driving and functioning the next day and melatonin which also doesn't work....

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I take a med at bedtime. Sometimes I actually forget to take it. About twice a month. I won't realize it until sometime the next morning when I'm still awake. My assumption is always that I've taken my meds, why am I awake? I've had chronic insomnia since I was around 4 years old.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
About 38 hours door to door when I come to France. I get up at 5 o’clock in the morning to feed the horses, and keep moving all day until I get on the plane. Then when I arrive at Charles de Gaulle I still have eight more hours of travel. Then after I arrive at my home, I work. Sometimes I’ll go out shopping for a piece of furniture or some drapes that I’ve been thinking about :)
I experience euphoria for a few days, then usually crash and sleep for a day.

Lilith112

Brilliant_Rock
Maybe 3 days? Can't do that nowadays, but I used to pull all-nighters a lot because of my procrastination habit. Oh the 10-page essay's due at 11:59PM? I guess I'll start at 10PM the night of...not the best decision for my health!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
2 days and 1 night, and I took 4 sleeping pills too but never felt tired or sleepy enough to fall asleep or feel drowsy. This was sometime last year so not too long ago.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
3 whole days!

I was in Chicago with the hub visiting the in-laws. For some incredibly stupid reason, I thought that my thyroid medication was keeping me up (in addition to jet lag). So I decided to come off it. I didn't sleep one single wink for 3 whole days. Finally, it dawned on me that it was bc I wasn't taking my med. So the very last day, I took a tiny bit of it, got on the plane and slept all the way to San Francisco (or was it LA, I forget). Then, I slept again from SF/LA all the way home to SG.

Duh!!:rolleyes::lol:

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I take a med at bedtime. Sometimes I actually forget to take it. About twice a month. I won't realize it until sometime the next morning when I'm still awake. My assumption is always that I've taken my meds, why am I awake? I've had chronic insomnia since I was around 4 years old.
I know we learn to adapt and things become routine after a while, but that sounds terrible - we need rest as lack of sleep causes medical issues!

Throwing some random thoughts into the mix, is it very bright/sunny where you are? Perhaps wearing some snug-fitting yellow-lens sunglasses might remove blue light and stop triggering your brain to produce 'wake up' chemicals?!

I shall not implicate my youth by answering this question :lol:

Rofl
Me too, I plead the 5th.
lol

I wish I had been awake for fun reasons - I shall start a thread shortly about it, I think!

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe 3 days? Can't do that nowadays, but I used to pull all-nighters a lot because of my procrastination habit. Oh the 10-page essay's due at 11:59PM? I guess I'll start at 10PM the night of...not the best decision for my health!

lol

As a fellow 'pressure-prompted' person, I feel your pain :lol:

Lilith112

Brilliant_Rock
lol

As a fellow 'pressure-prompted' person, I feel your pain :lol:

I just can't space out my assignments lol. I know in theory, I should work in chunks over time...but my best work always comes from the last minute crunch so whatevs. Just need plenty of coffee, and I'm good to go!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don’t remember. I pulled a few all
nighters during my graduate school days.

Greg said longest he was awake was 39 hours.

I think for me the question really is how many hours can I sleep without waking. The answer is 2 hours.

Reactions: AV_

Lilith112

Brilliant_Rock
I don’t remember. I pulled a few all
nighters during my graduate school days.

Greg said longest he was awake was 39 hours.

I think for me the question really is how many hours can I sleep without waking. The answer is 2 hours.

Oof....I'm the opposite. I slept once for 18 hours straight. Granted this was after 3 days of all-nighters.

Begonia

Ideal_Rock

Me too.
I'd give anything to fix my sleep issues!
Would LOVE to know why it is what it is???

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results