shape
carat
color
clarity

Your Latest Jewelry Purchases/Things You're Considering....

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
I was all set to purchase a Leen Heyne ring by the end of the year, and now I think it will be much too wide for my fussy self after buying a tester ring. :(( I guess I will have to admire in pictures...

I am contemplating buying these, as I have been wanting a RG pair of earrings for daily wear. Waiting to hear how shipping to the USA works.

1634916038156.png

Nooooooooooo! Which one were you going to get? I need you to buy the LH so I can live vicariously!!! :(

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
16F64BBB-36A6-4CDA-8E71-C9815A4FBC4B.jpeg

Feel the need to show this off somewhere! 7 ct tennis bracelet from IDJ. Stones are 0.167 points each and total length is 6.75 inches. It’s my 5th anniversary gift from my husband!!

Gorgeous! Happy Anniversary indeed! Go big or go home!!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Nooooooooooo! Which one were you going to get? I need you to buy the LH so I can live vicariously!!! :(

i was going to get the top one, but I have concerns about the width. My hands swell a lot depending on weather, so I think the wide band will be pretty uncomfortable for me bc I’m so finicky about the sensation of jewelry

The other thing..because his rings are tension set, resizing is really out of the question for most styles

…I love they way they look SO much, but am nervous about practical limitations! I’m so sad :(

EllenS1

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So thankful to my husband who always supports my jewelry purchases small and big except when he thinks something is just not worth it, he calls it out!
here is a pair of ruby bangles set in high karat gold / they are hand crafted and therefore have some imperfections in the setting if you look closely there are some uneven parts but I actually like that, I feel it makes it special. We usually budget for one big jewelry purchase in a year while any pieces I pick up in between are more affordable and usually for everyday wear. So this is it for this year/ I’ll consider it an early Christmas gift! E17EDB9E-CFA6-4741-9456-5FC30B47FDAF.jpeg 48DBA244-EF4F-4F3B-A617-B04A80FD1479.jpeg

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Just arrived yesterday, sadly no sun to really light up the sparkle. Spinels from Brad at the Gem Trader and setting by DK.

20211025_121453.jpg 20211025_111926.jpg

Are those vintage cuts? I'll need sun pics! :love:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
just a wee impulse purchase for me today
on one hand have i learnt nothing here ?
on the other it was only $129. i saw it in the window on the way to my step daughter's funeral :(2
i had just had to buy new shoes
and a shirt (i had dribbled breakfast down it on the way to the funeral so had to rush into the mall for a clean one) and had spent a heafty amount at the florist
i havn't bought hardly any bling in the last 3 years
im not a red person but this little bangle spoke to me
plus it actually fit

naturally it was very red under the mall lights
but here in my lounge its actually a nice red
but when i photograph it, it goes very brown 20211028_185327_004.jpg 20211028_194327.jpg
well ive quite enjoyed two threads lately talking about brownish gemstones

of course my only other two red garnet pieces are set in yellow gold but i did recently deside id like more stirling silver pieces

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Screenshot from the video of the finished LGD earrings that Vijay sent to me, which should be with me by mid November 2021. The Marquise stones are 4.5mm in length each, so the overall size of the earrings is likely to be around 10mm. Can't wait to receive them!

1635418080618.png

DK :))

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
on the other it was only $129. i saw it in the window on the way to my step daughter's funeral :(2
and a shirt (i had dribbled breakfast down it on the way to the funeral so had to rush into the mall for a clean one) and had spent a heafty amount at the florist
plus it actually fit

but when i photograph it, it goes very brown 20211028_185327_004.jpg 20211028_194327.jpg

of course my only other two red garnet pieces are set in yellow gold but i did recently deside id like more stirling silver pieces

That's so pretty @Daisys and Diamonds! I love garnets, and it's my mother's birthstone. Sending hugs, you've had a rough time of it lately.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
plus it actually fit

I'm very sorry for your loss.

Your new band is lovely. I'm a lover of red so it really speaks to me. I can also especially envision it worn during the holidays.

kb1gra

Brilliant_Rock
I fell in love with a sweet little emerald cut three stone that was "off the rack" so to speak at a local jeweler. I don't know why it spoke to me but I'm just in love with it. It is 1.21ct G/VVS2 with .60ct each sides. IMG_0432.jpg

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
I fell in love with a sweet little emerald cut three stone that was "off the rack" so to speak at a local jeweler. I don't know why it spoke to me but I'm just in love with it. It is 1.21ct G/VVS2 with .60ct each sides. IMG_0432.jpg

The right emerald cut tends to do that. :)

Reactions: Kya

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
Apple green peridot is to die for!!!

@mrs-b if you proceed you would be in very good company. =)2

27.85ctw Peridot Bracelet 2.jpg

For those who liked the peridot bracelet

There is a matching garnet bracelet

35.10ctw Garnet Bracelet 2.jpg

Who would have thought peridot and garnet could be so beautiful?

Stackables? =)2

I adore these bracelets! May I ask where you got them?

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
Apple green peridot is to die for!!!

@mrs-b if you proceed you would be in very good company. =)2

For those who liked the peridot bracelet

There is a matching garnet bracelet

35.10ctw Garnet Bracelet 2.jpg

Who would have thought peridot and garnet could be so beautiful?

Stackables? =)2

Grymera

Shiny_Rock
1635778699634.png

Not sure if I will keep these but I've been hunting for a turquoise piece to remember someone special and these might do the trick. They leapt into my cart and I'm excited to see them in person. :D

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This beauty has made its way into my life!
It’s a 4.93 Q-R VS1 OEC and is off being set in 18 kt YG with platinum head.

12252CFA-B40B-485F-869E-4B1E6FD570AB.jpeg

Beautiful facets! This doesn’t replace your new ring though does it?

Reactions: Kya

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I thought of that! But I know I'd never wear it, given that I already have all the bangles I'd ever wear. A pendant could be nice....
A pendant would be perfect because it’s a somewhat soft stone. It would be a beautiful pendant!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
This beauty has made its way into my life!
It’s a 4.93 Q-R VS1 OEC and is off being set in 18 kt YG with platinum head.

12252CFA-B40B-485F-869E-4B1E6FD570AB.jpeg

Wowza! That is gorgeous!!!

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Hi @diamondyes we acquired the bracelets at a Bonhams auction. They didn't provide any details on the maker, but there is the same maker's mark stamped on the clasp of both bracelets.

35.10ctw Garnet Bracelet Maker's Mark.jpg

I couldn't find anything on "MQ" hopefully you'll have better luck. =)2

The garnet bracelet is 3/8" longer than the peridot, so it would appear they were designed to be worn together.

Peridot and Garnet Bracelets 1.jpg

Peridot and Garnet Bracelets 2.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results