shape
carat
color
clarity

Your Latest Jewelry Purchases/Things You're Considering....

oodlesofpoodles

Shiny_Rock
Trade
thumbnail (79).jpg

I am compelled to share - I'm so giddy. High dome moonstone and table cut and old mine cut diamonds - I got her back yesterday from Sako. Was a conversion project and the top is very old but is now like new again - I am so in love.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
thumbnail (79).jpg

I am compelled to share - I'm so giddy. High dome moonstone and table cut and old mine cut diamonds - I got her back yesterday from Sako. Was a conversion project and the top is very old but is now like new again - I am so in love.

(thump thump )Oh my (thump thump) heart (thump thump)
this is absolute perfection!
share more pictures when you get it? (LOOK at that moonstone)
what’s it’s story? You found the original piece? (LOOK at the gorgeous old cut diamonds and what stunning indiv personalities )
pics before Sako did his amazing work, if you will indulge?
oh geez... sigh
I can see why you are so in love :love:
it’s stunning!

i think I’ll be unliking your post - so I can hit that like button again and again.

oodlesofpoodles

Shiny_Rock
Trade
(thump thump )Oh my (thump thump) heart (thump thump)
this is absolute perfection!
share more pictures when you get it? (LOOK at that moonstone)
what’s it’s story? You found the original piece? (LOOK at the gorgeous old cut diamonds and what stunning indiv personalities )
pics before Sako did his amazing work, if you will indulge?
oh geez... sigh
I can see why you are so in love :love:
it’s stunning!

i think I’ll be unliking your post - so I can hit that like button again and again.
Thank you! I love this community so much because of our shared love and appreciation for the beautiful things. I will post some more photos.....

oodlesofpoodles

Shiny_Rock
Trade
WOW!! Does this beauty have a SMTB thread devoted to her? Incredible!

Hi - Thank you! It does not - I'm trying not to break any rules by posting. I've asked to be marked as trade - I don't know what I'm allowed to do and not do really. But I will post more here.

oodlesofpoodles

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I found her on eBay where all great finds happen for me...Terrible unclear photos and the seller was really off on the size of the diamonds but she was really sweet and had been wearing her as a pendant when it was obvious that was not the original form. I'm thinking maybe she was a stickpin because of one spot on the back of the frame. thumbnail (80).jpg thumbnail (81).jpg thumbnail (82).jpg

oodlesofpoodles

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Obviously the prongs were in terrible shape - those that held the moonstone and a few of the diamonds were precariously holding on for dear life - it is amazing they hadn't fallen out. I contacted Sako after reading about some of his other work from my lovely Pricescope family and seeing he and his father The Gem Doctor did fabulous restoration work on Instagram for antique pieces. I asked for a conversion to a ring but not really knowing what I was after except to retain as much of the original personality as possible. To my suprise Sako emailed me the piece was Rose gold even though it had been completely blackened by time and the Moonstone was backed in a thin gold sheet. I don't have any rose gold as I don't think it flatters my complexion but asked him to make the piece whole in the way he thought was best and to blacken the top for me since I had fallen in love with her that way. The results are amazing. I am officially calling him a Jewelry Wizard because he somehow made her more beautiful than before. To say I am happy is an understatement. Now for what you really want - gobs of photos! thumbnail (86).jpg thumbnail (85).jpg thumbnail (84).jpg thumbnail (83).jpg

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Obviously the prongs were in terrible shape - those that held the moonstone and a few of the diamonds were precariously holding on for dear life - it is amazing they hadn't fallen out. I contacted Sako after reading about some of his other work from my lovely Pricescope family and seeing he and his father The Gem Doctor did fabulous restoration work on Instagram for antique pieces. I asked for a conversion to a ring but not really knowing what I was after except to retain as much of the original personality as possible. To my suprise Sako emailed me the piece was Rose gold even though it had been completely blackened by time and the Moonstone was backed in a thin gold sheet. I don't have any rose gold as I don't think it flatters my complexion but asked him to make the piece whole in the way he thought was best and to blacken the top for me since I had fallen in love with her that way. The results are amazing. I am officially calling him a Jewelry Wizard because he somehow made her more beautiful than before. To say I am happy is an understatement. Now for what you really want - gobs of photos! thumbnail (86).jpg thumbnail (85).jpg thumbnail (84).jpg thumbnail (83).jpg

I am dying over the squarish stones in that halo! And the moonstone. I'm not even a huge fan of halos and I'm drooling over here :love: :love: :love:

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock

Absolutely gorgeous ring. I have a moonstone halo ring too - it has quite a different personality - but it is feels so special and ethereal.

Hope you enjoy this beauty for years to come - great find and so glad you took the time and effort to tune her up!

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh! Lovely eBay score and great transformation story show and tell. Yes - Sako does amazing resto work. It’s gorgeous.
3118E708-9EE2-4658-8D9D-246D3672DF66.jpeg
and congrats on the new trade designation status, but yeah if someone complains this’ll all get deleted.
its a shame but I understand the need for those rules.

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
Ooh! Lovely eBay score and great transformation story show and tell. Yes - Sako does amazing resto work. It’s gorgeous.
and congrats on the new trade designation status, but yeah if someone complains this’ll all get deleted.

That is insane. What a miracle worker. I would think you can share your personal goodies right. And what a thing to share

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is insane. What a miracle worker. I would think you can share your personal goodies right. And what a thing to share

I think other vendors have had to ask specifically for permission and for a ‘reason’, when it has happened in the past.
but - I’m breaking a rule by discussing it, too. So I guess I can get reported for that, also, if someone wants to. Lol.

oodlesofpoodles

Shiny_Rock
Trade

Thank you! I am a jewelry lover first and foremost. And I would not intentionally break any rules so I hope it is ok.

oodlesofpoodles

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Replaced backing or is it open?
:love:

He did replace the back because I wanted it to remain as it was originally - he said it was ok to get wet so I washed my hands with it on - now I feel like the rose gold is reflecting up and causing the moonstone to take a peachy appearance rather than white - I'm going to let it dry out and remove it for handwashing in the future.

oodlesofpoodles

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I think other vendors have had to ask specifically for permission and for a ‘reason’, when it has happened in the past.
but - I’m breaking a rule by discussing it, too. So I guess I can get reported for that, also, if someone wants to. Lol.

How would we know these things - I'm not being smart I'm really asking - Is it written down somewhere? If so I would like to read the rules. I did report myself and then I did later ask to be marked as trade when it became apparent to myself that I could not help myself from commenting if I thought I could help someone. I am totally a rule following person - LOL

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How would we know these things - I'm not being smart I'm really asking - Is it written down somewhere? If so I would like to read the rules. I did report myself and then I did later ask to be marked as trade when it became apparent to myself that I could not help myself from commenting if I thought I could help someone. I am totally a rule following person - LOL

“Forum policy“ with reference to trade members is at the bottom of the webpage. It’s not spelled out - but I’ve seen numerous trade members write they can’t post their own personal items, due to forum policy. I’ve seen trade members post for Admins permission to do so on occasion, for various reasons.

hopefully they will clarify for you. maybe us too.
yes- it would be nice to see tradepersons personal pieces - of course- more eye candy!
but I understand why, if not.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock

In the past there was someone who posted and gushed about her latest “personal” items before selling them quite shortly on loupetroop. She wasn’t a vendor at the time of posting, but she is now. Am guessing incidents like this would make admin wary to let Trade folks post their personal collection.

Not saying that all Trade folks are like that and honestly I would love to see their personal goodies (cos they are in the trade so must be fab stuff right), but I can totally understand why it mostly wouldn’t be allowed.

oodlesofpoodles

Shiny_Rock
Trade
In the past there was someone who posted and gushed about her latest “personal” items before selling them quite shortly on loupetroop. She wasn’t a vendor at the time of posting, but she is now. Am guessing incidents like this would make admin wary to let Trade folks post their personal collection.

Not saying that all Trade folks are like that and honestly I would love to see their personal goodies (cos they are in the trade so must be fab stuff right), but I can totally understand why it mostly wouldn’t be allowed.

That makes sense

oodlesofpoodles

Shiny_Rock
Trade
“Forum policy“ with reference to trade members is at the bottom of the webpage. It’s not spelled out - but I’ve seen numerous trade members write they can’t post their own personal items, due to forum policy. I’ve seen trade members post for Admins permission to do so on occasion, for various reasons.

hopefully they will clarify for you. maybe us too.
yes- it would be nice to see tradepersons personal pieces - of course- more eye candy!
but I understand why, if not.

Thank you - I will go check it out

Vincedutch

Rough_Rock

Really love those minecut diamonds.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh my word! The restoration on this is absolutely perfect & what a glorious, glorious ring it is!

Such captivating presence! Those quirky diamonds are just beautiful - what a find!

oodlesofpoodles

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I’m DROOLING :P2

RIght?? I'm from the south and in my head I hear Matthew McConaughey saying Sparkle, sparkle, sparkle in his slow southern drawl :lol::lol::lol:, I love the light play in these old diamonds.

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
Have to replete my discretionary fund first. Then I’d love to find a nice OEC for a RHR :).

I'm seriously considering buying an estate 5-stone band with 15-pointers to wear as a standalone wedding band.

I currently have a 7-stone 15-pointer that I only wear as a RHR for special occasions. And then I should probably sell my 7-stone cuz I really don't need two of em. But then I start thinking maybe I should reset my current band into a 5-stone instead?

I'm also eyeing a sweet little 7-stone band with 7-pointers from that same vendor.

Decisions, decisions...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results