shape
carat
color
clarity

Your iPhone just became less private and less safe

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
FBI announces it just hacked into one without apple's help.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-35914195

Now that the FBI has announced it's possible I'll bet many hackers are racing for bragging rights to be known as the first to duplicate this high profile holy grail of hacks.

Imagine the value of all the data and personal information now in the world's iPhones.
YIKES!

Again, I'm so glad I don't have one.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mine is no less private and safe than it was before, as my ancient 2-year-old iphone never had that technology in the first place. :whistle:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
'Twas just a matter of time anyway - I consider nothing I have that is linked to the internet to be truly safe and private.

BeekeeperBetty

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I'm not exactly hiding anything on my iphone anyway. Just a bunch of apps I use to keep my 3 year old quiet during mass.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
They didn't need a third party, the NSA could have and likely already did it. This was about precedent from the start.

And I am going to assume they got nothing out of it, meaning there was nothing on the phone. It was a company issue phone and the personal phones that these two terrorists destroyed on their own likely had all the info on them that the FBI/NSA wanted anyway.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ame|1459256094|4012500 said:
They didn't need a third party, the NSA could have and likely already did it. This was about precedent from the start.
This is what I think as well.

I don't think anything is really unhackable nowadays. I don't keep much personal info on my phones for this reason.

septembergirl

Shiny_Rock
BeekeeperBetty|1459226343|4012418 said:
I'm not exactly hiding anything on my iphone anyway. Just a bunch of apps I use to keep my 3 year old quiet during mass.

LOL!

I think anyone who hacked mine would be like, "Why on earth does she have over 900 pictures of her dogs???"

iLander

Ideal_Rock
kenny|1459204773|4012261 said:
FBI announces it just hacked into one without apple's help.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-35914195

Now that the FBI has announced it's possible I'll bet many hackers are racing for bragging rights to be known as the first to duplicate this high profile holy grail of hacks.

Imagine the value of all the data and personal information now in the world's iPhones.

YIKES!

Again, I'm so glad I don't have one.

Oh, Kenny. :nono:

How do you think Apple, Google, Yahoo and sooooo many other companies are making all that money? They are taking that data and selling it to advertisers every. Single. Day. I don't have to imagine the value, all I have to do is look at Google's gross income.

When the CEO of Apple sat up there and said "We have to make sure your data is private," I was enraged. It's not private! :o Because he is making it not private. For his own $$$.

That was the second biggest lie I've ever heard on TV. (The first biggest (?) was "I did not have sex with that woman".)

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I ain't got nothing to hide.Maybe Kenny is frighten now b/c he is wanted by the FBI :!: ... :lol:

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Dancing Fire|1459299885|4012877 said:
I ain't got nothing to hide.Maybe Kenny is frighten now b/c he is wanted by the FBI :!: ... :lol:

DF, it doesn't matter if you think you have nothing to hide.

It matters if those with authority and power decide you have something to hide.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
iLander|1459300856|4012885 said:

DF, it doesn't matter if you think you have nothing to hide.

It matters if those with authority and power decide you have something to hide.

So true.
Plus, it really doesn't matter if you have anything to hide. It is about the loss of privacy for all and what it means for everyone. So sure, most PSers and people in general have many many pics of their fur babies and children and selfies etc and are not hiding government secrets or worse. But the very principle of our freedom and privacy is being threatened from many different directions.

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

I do not want to protect criminals and terrorists from detection. I want the law in terms of a court ordered warrant to be able to get into any encrypted devises.

An Israeli company helped them with the hacking into the phone. The Israelis are very knowledgeable on defense.

The Gov't won. IMO

Annette

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

The FBI wants me to join their Internet forum to increase traffic. :lol:

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1459352659|4013118 said:

The FBI wants me to join their Internet forum to increase traffic. :lol:

But they're reviewing and beefing up their "time out" policy first... :wink2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results