shape
carat
color
clarity

Your help needed. My brain is fried.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Boxes.

Hat boxes. Decorative boxes. Thick ones. Quality ones. Like... a Tifanny''s Gift box. A box that looks like it''s got gift wrap on it (solid) but doesn''t. Round, square, rectangular, octagonal... where can I find them. Big ones. 10 x 10 ish... 8 x 8 ish. 5-7 dollars each.

Or something like these target ones. Think... things that can be used as centerpiece containers. White, pink, red, green... a selection. Saw a pic in a magazine with boxes used as the base of the centerpieces and I loved it. A ribbon around the center and the top on the bottom. Looked amazing. Overflowing with flowers.

I tried ebay ( I need 7), the containter store (3 hatboxes for 35 bucks), google. Argh. I''m hoping your minds are better than mine.

Target''s but they are too small and cost 15 bucks each.
B0006G7VRI.16._SCLZZZZZZZ_SS260_.jpg

Thanks guys !

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay. Found these. What do you think?

FI randomly said tonight that he''d like all white flowers for the centerpieces... so I thought colored boxes. I''m thinking the Fushia boxes. With white ribbon, filled with white flowers. Fushia bouquet for me. Wonder how much Fushia peonies would cost in September.

OR get the white boxes. Spray paint them some other color. Light pink. Or Silver. White ribbon. Then do pinks as my bouquet.

http://dunwoodybooth.com/outer.php?UserID=d24eefb6387161d5d05722cdb5698734&page=product&product_type_id=645

Or maybe you guys find something better than these.

Also what do you guys think of my getting two sizes. Like the thirty dollar size and the twenty dollar size. Then put one on top of the other.

I''m not explaining this well. Put oasis (stuff that holds the flowers) in the big box (with a liner of course). Then place the smaller box (oasis and liner inside and liner underneath to protect it) in the center of the oasis (and press down to indent, then tape in place). Then put the flowers and greens around the smaller box in the bigger box. Then in the top of the small box. Almost cake like. Ribbons with bows around the centers of the boxes.

I''m kinda digging it. I get larger higher centerpieces... at about the same cost (if not less) than the other idea I had. Any thoughts?

I think I''d prefer square boxes though. Wish I could find some of those.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

aussiegirl23

Shiny_Rock
Goodness,

Sorry Gypsy - I was trying to be careful to ignore pages that required you buy by the case. UGH. Silly whole-salers!

Aussiegirl : p

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
LMAO. I was actually considering it for a minute. I think I would have done it if they'd been colored instead of white. Thank heaven for small mercies. I was thinking of all the different things I could do with them at the reception. Snapped out of it though. THANKS SO MUCH for finding those though. If I get desperate... my mother keeps asking me what I want for my birthday next month-- I might tell her these boxes. Would make an interesting Christmas present too.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
For a bargain, try marshalls, TJmaxx, and Ross. However, they may not all match unless you go to a few of the same store to get enough since each store won't have more than a few. If you find cheap ones in the wrong color, you can always spray paint!

Edited to Thread: Sorry, I didn't read the rest. Looks like you already thought of spray paint.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
kc- That''s a great idea-- except the boxes they haven''t aren''t the right quality for this project. I need really stiff boxes so that they hold shape and don''t flop around-- I have to glue the liner in them, then glue the liner to the oasis and they need to be really stable for that. If I liked the thought of a Tiffany blue wedding I''d go beg Tiffany for 7 of theirs. Wonder how those would hold up to spray paint. Hmm... I have one in the basement.

I thought about it overnight and--- I love the present full of flowers idea. In fushia or green. But not the round containers. So I''m hunting for square fushia. I might call the place Aussie found and ask them how much it would cost to custom order a case of fushia boxes. I think I can get that for around $70 bucks. I don''t know what I''d do with the extra boxes though...lol.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay so Fushia is not happening in Septemeber. It''s either Dahlias or roses and I want something different.

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
gypsy- Ive gotten some good ones from Ross... hope you find something!! Maybe you can try Pier 1 or Cost Plus

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Pier one I never would have thought of! Cost plus either-- I don''t have one near me... but I''m going to Austin at the end of the month so I''ll see if they have any there. Marshalls, Ross, TJ Maxx I''ll hit today. Paper mache one are really nice. Wonder if I can use wallpaper to ''wrap'' those.

What do you guys think of these? http://dunwoodybooth.com/outer.php?UserID=d24eefb6387161d5d05722cdb5698734&page=product&product_type_id=554

I was thinking of the silver ones in the 9x9 square size. Twenty for 54 bucks. Organdy ribbon in the same color as my flowers around them... My dress has platinum banding and FI will be wearing a platinum tie. This way I can have pink flowers and not worry about matching the boxes to the flowers.

Are the too cheesy looking? Too cheap looking?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
HAH!!!!!!

You apparently need the right term for these boxes in order to find them!

They are OFFICIALLY called "rigid boxes" now that I know that... I googled it and BAM a ton of boxes! YAY!

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Glad to hear that you hit the "seach jackpot" with the correct term! I was going to recommend that you visit a Tuesday Morning for the boxes. I''ve gotten 2 hatboxes from there.

I LOVE the centerpiece idea! Have you thought about what kind of card box you''ll be using? I never thought much about this, until I was on another bridal forum. Anyway, a couple of the girls there are stacking/attaching 3 card boxes together, (so that it looks like a wedding cake), decorating it, and making a slit at the top so cards can be slipped in. I''ll try to find a pic!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
CG I would love pics! Seriously cool. My friend suggested that for the placecards I use gifttags tied to bows (handmade bows from wired 5/8ths ribbon).

I have founda couple of places that do custom boxes. I know exactly what I want now. I want rigid set-up boxes (ones that are like board game boxes-- that you don''t assmeble). The link I posted above with the silver boxes is my fallback-- those are silver embossed foil with a diamond pattern and they are rigid set up and the price and seize is perfect. If I can''t get a qoute for the small quantity of boxes I would need custom made (most of these things are ordered in lots of 100o''s).

If anyone here is from CA what I want are David M Brian Broadway Plaza Walnut Creek boxes. They won''t just give them to people... DARN IT! Although I do wonder if it would look strange if I bought 10 towels from them and ask them to box them up separately. I can always uses more towels.... is that a crazy idea? Seriously. It might work. Hmmm.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
They don''t seem to sell towels. Hmm.

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
I did a quick search and found this card box. I''ll keep looking for more!

BICardbox01.jpg

NewShiny

Shiny_Rock
Gypsy,

I have one more option for you:

Try www.nashvillewraps.com

Search for "rigid boxes", and they have a whole bunch of sizes and shapes. They are all boring brown though, so you''d have to cover or paint them I think. However, the prices are great. I bought all of my out of town bags and tissue paper from this site. They were great with quick shipping and good packaging.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great leads... nashville place is very helpful and Chargergirl those boxes are beautiful!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results