shape
carat
color
clarity

Your Funniest / embarrassing Jewellery moments....

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just for fun.
I have two to share.
1. When I was 12 and wearing braces I somehow managed to get my wrist watch safety chain caught up in my braces. My mother had to pick me up from school and take me to my “emergency Orthodontist appointment”. Othrodontist thought he’d seen everything but even this was a new one for him!
2. My gold charm bracelet. Walking up a set of train stairs, jam packed with people rushing up and people rushing down them to either catch a train or get to work, my charm bracelet got caught up in the jumper of a lady rushing down the stairs. I almost got pulled over and we were both like “what the ??? So standing there “connected” with a random woman I had to untangle the charm that was caught up in her jumper. But first I had to put down my computer bag and get my glasses out of my handbag so I could see what I was doing. This is right in the midst of dozensof rushing people and sure enough someone fell over the top of my computer bag and tumbled down the concrete stairs. So now we have me and the lady standing there and a young guy sprawled blocking everyone. Thankfully he wasn’t hurt and I got the charm out of the jumper without putting a hole in it. Yay.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know a very sophisticated older lady who always wears fabulous jewels.
One day I ran into her and I was excited to show her my new sapphire and diamond ring.
As I dangled my finger under her nose, she said "Oh, one of your stones is missing......"
Sure enough, one of the side diamonds was gone. So embarrassing!

Vera W

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Back during my days at Neiman's I once was assisting a Sales Consultant with showing his client a parcel paper full of 3.00ctw tiny pink melee diamonds that the customer had specially cut and paid about 30k for when the client sneezed and blew them all over our showroom desk and floor. We were finding them for Years!! And all he did was laugh.

Another time that same Consultant was showing a $25,000.00 watch to a client and his chair broke and he fell on the floor holding the watch high in the air not to damage it and dying of laughter. Customer bought the watch just because of the "laugh" factor. LOL

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My first diamond. It was heart shaped I1. The inclusion was a feather that was easy to see when viewing closely. I didn't care because I was very young and I loved it. I had a co-worker ask me if it was real. I said it was. She asked me to take it off to show her and I did. She told everyone in the office it was "fake" because it had a "scratch and diamonds don't scratch."

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am very anal about keeping my jewelry clean and taking it off before washing my hands. One time at supper with my in laws I got my diamond in nacho cheese sauce dip. I thought my FIL was literally fall on the floor laughing over thenlook on my face.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had to come add another story. About 20 years ago my DH bought me a pearl ring in a bypass style. I was pulling off a sweater that night and the cuff caught on one of the pearls and ripped it right off the ring. We were both standing by our closet and watched the pearl arch across the room and fall straight down in the furnace vent without hitting any of the slats on the vent. it had to be easily 7 feet from us. We could both hear it spiraling down the ducts in the basement. We to this day talk about that being the shot of a lifetime. You couldn't stand over a vent and drop something in it that perfectly. My DH is tall so he went to the basement and pulled the ducts apart and was able to feel around inside and find the pearl.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My funniest moment: While I was browsing in a jewelry store, a couple shopping for an engagement ring approached me and asked if the bride-to-be could try on my rings. After I said no, they complained to the store manager about me. They thought I worked in the store and was refusing to help them.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results