shape
carat
color
clarity

Your favorite weekender bag?

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hey PSers. Any suggestions for your favorite weekender bag? I have been looking at Herschel's Novel bag. I also stumbled on the Catalina Deluxe Small weekender. Anyone have any experience with these two? Do you have another that you love?

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have the Catalina Deluxe in the large size and I love it. I have even taken it on an airplane as my second item. It was't too full so I squished it down a bit to make it look a little smaller. I think it is no problem with he smaller size though. It is a great bag. I also own the O.G. and that bag is my main travel bag. Love their bags. i also own the pearl. I love the bottom zip area of the Catalina. I usually store my shoes and hair dryer there and have plenty of room for clothing in the top. You would have to be a little more careful putting anything delicate (like my hair dryer) if you were taking it on a plane.

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have the Catalina Deluxe in the large size and I love it. I have even taken it on an airplane as my second item. It was't too full so I squished it down a bit to make it look a little smaller. I think it is no problem with he smaller size though. It is a great bag. I also own the O.G. and that bag is my main travel bag. Love their bags. i also own the pearl. I love the bottom zip area of the Catalina. I usually store my shoes and hair dryer there and have plenty of room for clothing in the top. You would have to be a little more careful putting anything delicate (like my hair dryer) if you were taking it on a plane.

Awesome to hear! What colors did you go with? Any issues with dirt or bad staining? I really do like that light grey color.

liaerfbv

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Lesportsac large duffel. It's so lightweight.

P

PierreBear

I was gifted a large Longchamp bag, which I use as a weekender bag. Durable and still trendy. Only minor complaint is the small handles only allows you to hand carry instead of throwing it over a shoulder. Good luck searching for the perfect bag!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awesome to hear! What colors did you go with? Any issues with dirt or bad staining? I really do like that light grey color.
I have the OG and I went with the khaki green color Bc it's ... close to dirt so you can't see dirt on it

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have the black OG, and the gray and black catalina. I would like to buy the smaller catalina and get the dusty purple one so I can tell which is which. i bought the pearl in the tan color.

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thanks for the recommendation! I had been looking for a good weekend/travel bag for a long time. I've just ordered the Catalina in purple. I decided to get the smaller one as over 90% of my travel is on international flights so I wanted to be sure that it would be OK as carry on. Super excited about the extra bottom pocket! :)

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mochiko, did you look at the OG? If you are taking long international flights it is a great bag too. I love that it has the pocket that slides over the handle of a carryon. It makes going through airports a breeze. I can fit so much in it. It is organizing perfection to me. I fit much more in it that their videos show, and it fits well under airplane seats. The Catalina is a great bag too, but I just thought I would mention the OG to you since you primarily travel on planes.

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the recommendation! I had been looking for a good weekend/travel bag for a long time. I've just ordered the Catalina in purple. I decided to get the smaller one as over 90% of my travel is on international flights so I wanted to be sure that it would be OK as carry on. Super excited about the extra bottom pocket! :)

I decided on the Catalina deluxe small too. Haven't ordered yet because I can't pick a color! I really want that light grey but know it's not the best choice for planes. Lol. Did you use the 20% off coupon?

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks luv2sparkle. I did look at the OG but I was specifically looking for a canvas bag and not a replacement handbag so it seems like the Catalina checked all the boxes I was looking for. But the OG and OMG do look super handy. I appreciate a nice bag with lots of pockets! :)

Hathalove, yes I got the 20% discount :)
My heart really wanted the grey one but my head said no. It was a toss up for me between the teal and purple and my husband decided on the purple (since he's going to be carrying it for me some of the time he had a say in choosing the color :lol:)

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did you get the new Catalina tote? I just got an email about it and it has the pocket to go over your luggage! It is the same size at the Catalina deluxe small (approx by photos). I am going to have to buy that one!

I wouldn't worry about the bag getting dirty. You can throw them in the washer after taking off the strap.

Q

Queenie60

I use an LV neverfull tote. It's light weight and easy to carry. Also use it to tote all of my "stuff" to work each day.

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Did you get the new Catalina tote? I just got an email about it and it has the pocket to go over your luggage! It is the same size at the Catalina deluxe small (approx by photos). I am going to have to buy that one!

I wouldn't worry about the bag getting dirty. You can throw them in the washer after taking off the strap.

I think the Catalina deluxe small is bigger than the tote. It's good to know you can throw it in the wash. I think I will risk it and get that dove grey. It's just so refreshing looking. Oh it also has the slit so it can go over the handle of the suitcase too. That was a must for me!

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I use an LV neverfull tote. It's light weight and easy to carry. Also use it to tote all of my "stuff" to work each day.

I love my neverfull tote too. I really needed something bigger though. A true weekender size travel style bag that zips!

Q

Queenie60

I love my neverfull tote too. I really needed something bigger though. A true weekender size travel style bag that zips!

Ok... I have the LV 55 duffel. I think that's the one? Anyway, it's the duffel that zips and holds enough stuff for a weekend. My dream is the carry on roller suitcase. To die for!! Maybe in a few years! Glad you like your neverfull - such a go to bag!

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_4911.PNG
I know you are asking about weekend bags, but I'll chime in with this crossbody I just bought and love. It's lightweight, has plenty of secure and easily accessible pockets, and has a suprising amount of space. When I travel I hate carrying a "real" purse because it tends to weigh me down.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the Catalina deluxe small is bigger than the tote. It's good to know you can throw it in the wash. I think I will risk it and get that dove grey. It's just so refreshing looking. Oh it also has the slit so it can go over the handle of the suitcase too. That was a must for me![/QUOTE

I will have to check mine-maybe it has one too. I haven't used it since October, and just cleaned out my closet and stuck it with luggage in the garage.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the catalina tote!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd never heard of the Catalina before seeing this thread - but I really like what I'm seeing on their website. I've been looking to replace the Atlantis paisley tapestry weekender that I've used for - oh, the past thirty years or so. It looks like the deluxe tote will be a good replacement that provides a bit more utility and packable space. But for my upcoming 6-week car camping trip? Hmmm...

Decisions, decision!

ETA thanks for mentioning the coupon, hathalove. That part was easy!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Liebeskind Berlin bad. I found a version of it on Amazon, for $ 398, just for the demonstration.

https://www.amazon.com/Liebeskind-B...&psd=1&keywords=liebeskind+berlin+weekend+bag

But mine, of the same time but larger, I bought at Nordstrom rack for $99.00. I use it for travels and also take to work - it allows for two laptops + leaves a lot of room. It is real leather, and while it is made in China, it makes sense to me that the bag is called "Berlin" - it is incredibly practical.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This forum is full of great enablers! :D I've been looking for a new bag for ages. The one I'm using is falling apart on me.
I'm going to get the Catalina tote. It looks like it will be perfect for flights. The zippered bottom section is a perfect place to shove my makeup and skincare stuff. :razz:

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got a tote as well - in the dove grey for me, since it's so much easier to find things in a lighter colored interior. I'll be using this as an overnight bag. Love the zippered lower compartment! I also got one in the thistle color as a gift for a friend.

I got the deluxe large for my upcoming trip - over a month of car camping! I need a fairly compact bag since we'll be driving a MINI but I need to be prepared for all sorts of temperatures... I'm hoping this will do the trick. I got this one in the thistle, since I'll be using it for air travel too and I was concerned about the lighter color showing dirt, plus I think it's a very pretty color. It looks like a nice versatile bag that should travel well.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought the tote in thistle. It is going to be so much better for me than my DB overnight bag, which is just too big and long. The shape of the tote is so much better, and the bottom pocket is going to be so useful.

The tote and other one will be great for your trip.

Last edited:

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I just might have picked up a Rhodes bag for my sweetie. :whistle:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results