shape
carat
color
clarity

Your Favorite Ultrasonic Jewelry Cleaner? Plus Questions

fiberartist

Rough_Rock
I'm interesting in buying an ultrasonic. Who loves theirs and wants to recommend it?

Also, my jewelry varies widely, so I have questions as to what I can use it on. I have a lot of silver, especially necklaces. I also have yellow and white gold. Any jewelry with diamonds is set in gold. I also have garnets set in silver. I know all the metals should be fine, along with the diamonds, but what about the garnets? Now the ones I'm really not sure about if I can put in the ultrasonic are pearls, turquoise, or opals. All my pearl items use gold, while my turquoise and opals use silver. I'd also like to get one for my MIL. The only real area she differs in is that her wedding ring is diamond set in platinum. So which brands and models work best for platinum vs. gold?

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Although it is not an ultrasonic, the Jewel Jet steam cleaner s pretty popular here. You can do a search for it in the search engine.

Pearls, opals, amber, and emeralds should not be cleaned in an ultrasonic. Other stones that have air bubbles or other unstable inclusions should also not be cleaned in an ultrasonic.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results