shape
carat
color
clarity

your favorite source for handbags!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
I figured that since there have been a few threads lately about bags, why not share where you look for them??
I am definately a bargain girl and my fav. places are Marshalls, tjmaxx, but they don''t have online stores (YET!!!) haha

so where is your fav place to look/shop for a new bag?

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
Hi...

I am a bargain girl myself but will spend a little more on quality to get what I want. I found a fantastic find at Marshall''s about a month ago. I went there sort of looking for a good size but not too big of a bag. I found a gorgeous burgundy leather Via Spaga Bag. It was totally what I wanted. It had the one strap I was totally wanting, two zippered pockets on the outside and was NOT black inside. A bag like this usually goes for $350+ and the tag verified this. I bought the bag for $178! It is authentic and I have been using it ever since.

I do not like to spend too terribly much on bags but I do love excellently made bags. I change bags and get good use out of each one. I am not keen to ordering online...

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
wow thanks Deanna sounds really nice!

I live in Canada now, so I am big withdrawal from Marshalls and TJmaxx...can''t wait to get back there next month!

I don''t know if I would ''neccessarily'' buy it online, but it is good to get to look.. I live in a rural area that doesn''t have alot of options for shopping.. (pooooor meeeee).....hehehe

anyone else?

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
which ones did you get?

I know it says on orders over 100, free shipping but I couldn't find how much for under 100 bucks.

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
Sophie, I bought this one . . .

Satchel_GRY.jpg

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
And this one . . .

W6-250_EXP.jpg

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
And this one . . .

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
Oops, forgot the photo.

ac_1.jpg

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I tend to stick with Saks and Neimans. I do not even know where there is a Marshalls or TJ Max here, and I am NEVER lucky in snagging a find when I go in to one. I have resigned myself that most bags I like start at 1500.00 and most shoes I like start at 500.00. I have seen some of the Chanel bags that just look pretty normal be 2000.00 plus, nothing exotic on them, and it is amazing to me. I just bought a black Valentino bag, slouchy, not huge, with a V logo in wood and gold and stones, and it was nearly 2000.00. Prices for things are just nuts, and I am trying to buy classic stuff versus super trendy. Most of my stuff I can use even if it is a couple seasons old, I try to stay with what is going to stand the test of time. I am just addicted to shoes and bags (and make up and clothes and jewelry, who am I kidding? I like it all) and I like to buy things that flatter me and what I wear, versus just buying whatever is in for the moment. I have never been someone who can walk into a Loehmans or whatever and find something. I know people who walk into vintage stores and get a Chanel gorgeous jacket for a song...I just never seem to have that karma. But I have parking space karma which is nice too! I will NEVER buy off Ebay or some of those sites, I am just not going to risk getting a fake and wasting money. I cannot really tell who is on the up and up on these sites and when something seems to good to be true it usually is...

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
well now that i am a bag whore...i tend to save up and get one that i really want that is typically more expensive and add it to my 'collection'. i don't have many, but i realized that i was spending $100 here or $75 there or $200 there for 'fashion' handbags that did not hold their value and typically were not of the same quality as some of the more expensive bags and that i would only wear for a month or two then retire. it just didn't make much sense so now i try to think it over before i do it and only get it if i know i REALLY love it and will wear it year after year and it's more of a classic or it will be in fashion for a few years at least, or have a good resale value in case i want to sell it.

so i don't get 'deals' on bags unfortunately now that i am sucked into the more expensive stuff, but if i was still buying, loehmanns has some really great deals on coach, kate spade, kenneth cole etc. i got a $150 KC bag last year for $75 and last year they had kate spade laptop sleeves with handles, super cute in nylon for something like $75 marked down from almost $200. i didn't get one because i wasn't sure my laptop would fit in it, it's one of the ones that has a big screen. then i went back and they were all gone, wah!! also many times online you can get a brand name bag on a fashion site on sale ... overstock has some big brand name stuff like prada etc that is discounted as well. bluefly also for designer brand names.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

In Canada, Holt Renfrew. Brown''s also has some fun labels--they have stand alone boutiques in some major cities. Good return/exchange policies.

cheers--Sharon

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
thanks Mara and Canuk-gal. Mara, I bet you are holding out for the B bag, huh?? lol
I can''t bring myself to spend that kind of dough on a bag, yet.
31.gif
maybe when I am older, like 32, I will be able to
31.gif
27.gif

lol

anyway, caukgal, where is brown''s I have never heard of it? You are in TO right? do you know if they have an online store? and holt renfrew? sorry for my ignorance, but I don''t know it either, help a girl out!! :)

Lizz, all your new bags look great!
18.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOL Sophie...yep I am holding out for a b-bag...a beautiful buttery leathered blue one...
30.gif
Oh someday...hehe.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/28/2006 4:03:56 PM
Author:
anyway, caukgal, where is brown''s I have never heard of it? You are in TO right? do you know if they have an online store? and holt renfrew? sorry for my ignorance, but I don''t know it either, help a girl out!! :)
HI Sophie:

Actually I am in Calgary; neither stores has an online sales component yet, but apparently Brown''s will in the Spring of 07. However you can peruse their websites and see some of the products/designers available (and locations) and call/email about things you are interested in.

www.brownsshoes.com
www.holtrenfrew.com

cheers--Sharon

diamondsrock

Brilliant_Rock
I think my next bag will be a Luce. They sell them on ebags.com. I like their styles a lot. I don''t buy handbags too often but I really want one of those.

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
I like those Luce handbags. Those are nice!

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve been out of the market for bag shopping for quite awhile now, so I don''t have a favorite place to buy. But back in the days when I did splurge on myself, my fave store was LV!!! Hee. I''ve cooled off buying bags though since I have quite a large collection of expensive bags....

All my spare money goes in the ''upgrade'' account.
11.gif
9.gif
36.gif

elle

Shiny_Rock
Sophie - there''s a Canadian Marshalls/TJMaxx equivalent called Winners
1.gif
Holt is nice esp. when they have sales.

I got my first LV when I was 19 & there''s no turning back since! Though the latest collections have been exhorbitantly out of my range though! I''m currently lusting after a Bottega Venetta bag but since I have responsibilities as a mother now, my bag shopping have been limited to one piece per year! Oh and I did try a very cool blue/green python Fendi at Neimans for an even cooler $4500 - not in this lifetime!
20.gif

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
Does buying four new bags in a month qualify me as a bagwhore too, Mara?
emotion-14.gif

I can''t believe how much I have gotten into them lately. I literally haven''t bought a new one in over three or four years. I was carrying a diaper bag exclusively but I find I rarely need it anymore. I started looking back in May but couldn''t really find one that I liked. Now I can''t stop.

I don''t really have a favorite place to buy them. I tend to prefer to see them in person before buying. I might ultimately buy online if I have already seen it in person but it is hard to get a feel for size, weight, etc. online. I did order the Chloe one off Net-A-Porter because I thought it was a fantastic deal at half price but I would only have done that knowing it can be easily returned if I don''t love it.

As far as price, the most expensive one I had bought til now was $150. Now the most expensive is $800 but that was half price. I probably won''t buy a new one of a while after this binge I have been on now. Not sure if I will keep all four of them. Depends on if my DH freaks out or not. I wouldn''t blame him really. But four years??? I have saved a ton. The other two I bought were $400 each and the Marc Jabobs one was free with my NM giftcard.

I did notice yesterday there is a Marshall''s and Loehmann''s not far from me. Maybe I will check those out sometime.

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Being that I've been an income-less college/grad student for about 8 of the last 10 years, I try not to do a TON of unnecessary spending on bags!!
2.gif
But TJ Maxx and Marshalls are both great for finding the occasional hidden gem... and I usually rely on the Coach outlet for staple everyday items. I've found a few nice but well-priced bags (Cole Haan, DKNY, Kenneth Cole) on Ebay, but those purchases were before Ebay started getting sketchy with rip-offs.

A Loehmann's recently went in around the corner from me, so now I'm hooked on checking to see what's new there every once in a while
31.gif
... but trying not to go overboard! Still, I was dying for a cute metallic bag to wear with dressier outfits, and Loehmann's had a super-cute $200 Maxx New York one in silver, for only $39.99... so I made the sacrifice and bought that last week.
2.gif

ETA -- Zappos is AWESOME for checking out bags... and they put a lot on sale too. They show them from every possible angle, AND on a model so you can get a sense of how big they are... I love browsing on there!

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/29/2006 1:42:40 AM
Author: elle
Sophie - there''s a Canadian Marshalls/TJMaxx equivalent called Winners
1.gif
Holt is nice esp. when they have sales.

I got my first LV when I was 19 & there''s no turning back since! Though the latest collections have been exhorbitantly out of my range though! I''m currently lusting after a Bottega Venetta bag but since I have responsibilities as a mother now, my bag shopping have been limited to one piece per year! Oh and I did try a very cool blue/green python Fendi at Neimans for an even cooler $4500 - not in this lifetime!
20.gif
I have been to Winners, but I don''t find a great selection here (Belleville) and I still think they are expensive/not worth it. For example, recently I saw a ''nice'' Ralph lauren bag there for 150 bucks! I go to that store looking for a ''bargain!'' loolll

maybe I just don''t have that great of luck...

sheesh

thanks for all of the ideas and places to look everyone!

I think I had better choose my new coat first. lol.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the Louis Vuitton store at the King of Prussia Mall in Pa. and the Ocean One Mall on the Boardwalk at Atlantic City - they gave great Gucci and Louis Vuitton stores.

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
While I like purses, I wont spend a rediculous amount of money to carry around someones elses name. We have a Marshall''s up the street where you can find Dooney''s, small coach bags, etc.. This is where I usually get my purses.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results