shape
carat
color
clarity

Your Favorite Piece Ever...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

reader

Brilliant_Rock
So, what is your favorite piece of jewelry? Why is it your favorite? Does it have great meaning to you? Is it just beautiful?

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Gosh, I have so many.

Besides my e-ring, it's a diamond pendant FI bought me when we were dating.
(I will post pics, I promise!) It's so hard to say because everyone meaningful in my life has bought me jewelry because they know I love it so much. So everything means something -- it's also indicative of periods in my life. When I worked in DC, I wore pearls. In NY, I wear more diamonds & jewelry with clean lines or statement pieces. When I went to Hawaii, I bought white gold plumeria earrings from Na Hoku. The other times, I brought home black and silver pearls.
30.gif
In California, I wore colorful gemstones. They're all like mini memories!
19.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
(Other than my e-ring) My tri-color rolling ring is my favorite, because I bought it for myself with my first real--as in getting paid for what I aspire to do as a career, not just a regular job--paycheck. I felt it was appropriate, too, with the past-present-future meaning behind trinity rings.

I also love an aquamarine pendant that was the first gift my now FI gave to me, during the first year of our relationship. Though I made the mistake, pre-PS-education, of cleaning it with a solution that was too harsh for aquas, and now it''s clouded (it used to be beautifully sparkly!). Now I''m thinking of having the stone replaced with something a little more durable, but haven''t opened that can of worms yet!

reader

Brilliant_Rock
Can you have the aqua either recut or just repolished?

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/13/2008 1:41:37 PM
Author: reader
Can you have the aqua either recut or just repolished?
I dunno, I haven't looked into it at all! I don't really know whether damage like that would just be on the surface or throughout the stone. It's very small to begin with, so I'm afraid that recutting might make it too small to fit the setting. Who knows!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My topaz dangly earrings. I rarely wear them because they''re kinda fancy for everyday wear.

For everyday wear, my diamond earrings. I just love earrings.

stryeyes102

Shiny_Rock
My favorite piece, is a necklace given to me by my uncle and aunt for my graduation. This particular uncle happens to be a rock hound and really into gems. So for very special events, every woman in our family has received a custom cut pendant. Mine is a type of quartz: Its this gorgeous honey lemon color and changes to purple or green in different lights.

Unfortunately,
8.gif
the last time the prongs got loose, the person who fixed it took two chips out of the culet of the stone. They semi act like new facets, so i make do.

Even with the chips it still sparkles like mad! I''ve gotten so many complements on it.

*this isn''t the best picture as it doesn''t show the life of the stone but its the best i got...*

grad ch.JPG

Clio

Brilliant_Rock
My favorite piece is a brooch/pendant that was given to my great-grandmother when she was a young woman (by her aunt and uncle, who raised her after she was orphaned). It dates from around the turn of the century and is an art nouveau-style flower in gold, covered with seed pearls. At the center is a natural pearl. The design is very graceful.

Price brooch 008.jpg

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Obviously my e-ring and wedding band are my favorites, but my other favorite piece is my YG charm bracelet my parents started for me when I graduated college. I have pics of it somewhere on PS. I''ve added to it over the years and will pass it down to children if I have them, and if not I have a new niece who might appreciate it and all its stories someday.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
My favorite pieces are:

wedding ring
Padparadscha Sapphire ring that I wear as an alternative to my wedding ring
my grandmother''s engagement ring and wedding ring set
Padparadscha sapphire pendants
Padparadscha rings I have (I know I am addicted) HA!!!
Padparadscha earrings

Linda

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
OH Good grief, how could I forget these.

A Very Special pair of 14K gold earrings that my grandparents gave me, when I turned 39 years old. My grandmother died the following month. I treasure them dearly.

Linda

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
The pieces that i aint never givin up...
1-the 2.54 round brilliant diamond solitaire ring.
2-Rolex
3-mom''s wedding ring diamond-1/2 ct.round brilliant
4-favorite wheat link gold chain

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
I don''t have any yet...that''s why I''m on this site. I need to make sure I am getting my $$$''s worth when and if I decide to take the plunge and "git me some Diamonds".
36.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a tough one for me because other than my ering and anniversary band I don''t wear the same thing everyday.

My all time favorite is my ering. Mostly because the diamond is so amazing to me.

My second would have to be the pendant I had made out of my original ering diamond - it''s small but I really like it because my DH picked out the ering just for me and I am glad I can still wear the diamond.

My current favorite piece of jewelry is a pair of diamond dangle earrings. They mean a great deal to me because they were my reward for loosing a TON of weight.

My most frequently worn RHR is a medium blue sapphire in WG.

My most frequently worn bracelet is a WG 1 ct diamond bracelet.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
My ering, studs (from PS) and this special piece that belonged to my DH's aunt. It is circa 1920 art deco, from England. Another special ring I have is from my mother; it is a ruby with diamonds but I don't wear it; I keep it in the safety deposit box with the brooch.

IMbskippys384.JPG

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Apart from my wedding ring, I have a garnet and diamond ring from my grandmother that I adore. There is so much sentimental value in that one piece. And it''s huge!!! I love everything about it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results