shape
carat
color
clarity

Your favorite/least favorite impulse buy?

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Jewelry only!

I couldn't resist. It was calling my name. I've been wanting a fancy watch for ages, but, well ... I seem to only buy when I find things that are either really rare, or really cheap (preferably both), and with watches, it seems like there's always another of the same around the corner. So I figured I'd wait for my next milestone birthday, and either go on the hunt for something really special, or just buy the Cartier Roadster I've had a yen for for a while.

Except.

French-cut diamond watch. I might not have been planning to get a fancy watch for another year or so, but I saw it during a random search and could not resist. I think I'm going to be wearing this sucker a lot.

Least favorite ... hm. Probably the diamond star RHR I bought for my 30th b-day. Don't get me wrong, it's a gorgeous piece, I fell in love with it the second I spotted it, but I wear it exactly never: I either default to my eternity bands or my rough diamonds. So, despite having cost less than 1K, at cost-per-wear, it's probably one of the most expensive things in my collection. Methinks I will be making a trip to Pre-loved in the near future ....

seller_s_blurry_pic.jpg

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Oh it's a beaut! Great impulse buy!

I'm not impulsive when it comes to jewelry. Sadly. It's something I need to work on. :)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm way too impulsive. In 2011 I bought sapphire peridot drop earrings at one of my favorite New Hope jewelry shops for way too much. I have worn it exactly twice. Sigh. What a waste. They are lovely but I just don't find myself wanting to wear them.

Favorite impulse buy is my sapphire aquamarine diamond necklace that I got for a special birthday almost 8 years ago at the same jewelry shop.

Love your watch Circe!!!

MsP

Brilliant_Rock
I tend to return impulse buys... So while I've bought many, most all have been returned. I do have some that I regret returning like a two carat pear that was a total steal.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My least favorite impulse buy was a ring I bought last March, 3 stone emerald cut, with channel set princess cuts, I was allured by the emerald cuts and forget all that I learned on Pricescope..I should not have bought it, I dont love it like I should for the amount of money I paid for it..but I have it and I do wear it...just not like I should....

My favorite impulse buy was my 5 stone from Ebay...LOVE that ring...my only complaint is that all the stones are not set evenly in the setting 1 is set lower and a little crooked...I just havent had it fixed yet...maybe one day

D

Deactivated member 42515

Circe! I loooove your impulse buy!!!

D

Deactivated member 42515

I'm not an impulse buyer though. I am one of those very very thorough researcher/investigator people where it gets to the point that I may or may not annoy people :naughty: I will sit at the computer for hours on end, researching about what I want to buy. That's probably why I'm on this forum still. I can never get enough information about jewels, diamonds, watches, and colored stones.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
YT|1358009355|3353854 said:
I'm not an impulse buyer though. I am one of those very very thorough researcher/investigator people where it gets to the point that I may or may not annoy people :naughty: I will sit at the computer for hours on end, researching about what I want to buy. That's probably why I'm on this forum still. I can never get enough information about jewels, diamonds, watches, and colored stones.

See, that's what puts you in the danger zone! Once you feel confident about spotting the needles in the haystack - watch out, bank account!

D

Deactivated member 42515

Circe said:
YT|1358009355|3353854 said:

See, that's what puts you in the danger zone! Once you feel confident about spotting the needles in the haystack - watch out, bank account!
It is true! It does get me in the danger zone! Because if I had bought what I initially wanted to buy instead of researching and realizing I wanted to go bigger, my bank account would be safe! I usually start a project with a budget and it ends up doubling! I've been scouring eBay for finds lately and my budget was in the $ 700 range. In two days, my budget had raised to $2000. I start off small, research, then end up grossly over budget!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
My favorite impulse buy is a neon peach/coppery tourm from Westview, 3.04 cts., 8.9 mm cushion; this crazy thing glows in the dark. Not set yet & I absolutely cannot get that puppy to pose nicely for the camera, so haven't put it up here -- it's color is just hell to capture; I've said rude things to it in several portrait sessions. Nanoseconds after I saw it on their site, it was mine! It's about my favorite gem I own, got it for a song a few years ago.

Least favorite is a bunch of Tiff silver junk when I worked there which I sold last month & glad to get rid of it.

--- Laurie

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Favorite is probably the current diamond, If that can be an impulse. Least is my stids or my huggies since I never wear em.

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
Favorite - A freshwater tincup bracelet I bought from a local jeweler that had a booth at the state fair of all places, it was super cheap and it is my go to bracelet, love it!

Least - some stones I bought on the bistro, I was caught up in a cs haze. :nono:

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
And btw Circe, I love love love your impulse buy, it is gorgeous!! You will never regret that one I am sure :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results