shape
carat
color
clarity

Your dream purse

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s mine. The Prada fairy bag. Too bad it''s so expensive!

pradass08.jpg

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Mine is to have a Hermes Birkin or Kelly before 30.

sba771

Brilliant_Rock
I just really want the chanel large shopper. I know its not original or fun or crazy, but I love large totes and its so classic to me. I am keeping my fingers crossed that the FI will get it for me as a ''thank you for giving up 2 years of your life to move to Frankfurt and not have a life or job or friends'' gift.
31.gif

livinginsg

Shiny_Rock
This is fun!

Mine will be the Chanel Jumbo in Beige or Red with gold hardware. Similiar to the picture.

chanel beige.jpg

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
I want a Chloe Bay bag so very badly. That or a Rebecca Minkoff.

The Chloe I would love in cream or light gold. The RM I would love in some shade of purple or red.

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/21/2009 5:36:03 AM
Author: livinginsg
This is fun!

Mine will be the Chanel Jumbo in Beige or Red with gold hardware. Similiar to the picture.

Yum. I''m totally getting a Chanel Jumbo when I turn 20 (in 13 months).

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Totally the Birkin in fire-engine red, whatever size!!
18.gif

bebe

Ideal_Rock
I want an original Chanel 2.55 Reissue Bag. Any color, any size. I have a "C C" flap bag, a wallet and a drawstring bag, but want, no dying to have a real reissue.
I was born in Feb. 1955, which is the month that CoCo Chanel introduced her little bag that has gone on to become so famous.

Karl Lagerfeld who took over Chanel in 1983 reissued the 2.55 in February 2005. (my 50th bd) His version is the exactly the one designed by Coco Chanel back in 1955. The reissue
lock is not the interlocking C''s. It is a rectangular metal frame lock, just like CoCo''s original in 1955.
The Reissue was made in commemoration to the 50th anniversary of the original 2.55 and the name “Reissue 2.55” applies only to those commemorative handbags.
Instead, it’s commonly used now as a name for all the handbags resembling the original 2.55. Those with CC interlocking, they’re called Classic Flaps.

I have looked and searched for this bag. I saw one on ebay, but no way was I giving 6,000. to someone for that bag. I know if I ever find it, it will be very costly.

I love Chanel and remember it when I was very young. I wish I had known about the reissue bag on my birthday. Bummer.

livinginsg

Shiny_Rock
The Birkin in Red is on my wish-list too!!
18.gif

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
I also love the Dior hardcore pierced bag. I had an opportunity to buy it and waited too long.
39.gif

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love Chanel too. After Hermes, I''d love to purchase several more Chanel''s. The one you posted is just *divine*
30.gif

Date: 8/21/2009 5:36:03 AM
Author: livinginsg
This is fun!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have no idea. I''ve never seen one I would die to have! Guess I''m not a handbag person.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
A Bottega Veneta Intrecciato Medium Veneta
30.gif

wannaBMrsH

Brilliant_Rock
I STILL want a Chloe paddington in camel with palladium hardware.

And I would love to have a black quilted Chanel bag.

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
New obsession:
The Alexander McQueen knuckle duster clutch.
30.gif

wannaBMrsH

Brilliant_Rock
haha! Pink was carrying that purse last night. She told the Today show that she would have beat Kanye West with it if he had done that to her!

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
I could never carry just one bag...I like to mix it up. So I can't say that there's a "dream!" - it changes as fashion changes. Handbags are like shoes - there's "close" to timeless, but to me, there's no thing as truly timeless*, and if it's a dream purse, for me, it would have to be timeless.

*Except MAYBE the Birkin or Kelly.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
1237380ar500lxyn4.gif

LV''s Le Fabuleux in white.

(But I wouldn''t throw the black version out of bed for eating crackers)

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
My dream bag at the moment would be a 06 Balenciaga Lilac Purse, which is a discontinued model. They came out with the same color again this year 09, but they no longer make the purse.

I found one on ebay, but the person wants too much and is located in Singapore, so I don''t want to have to pay for customs as well.

Too bad as I have always loved that color. I had it before in a first style, but sold it because it was too small.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK, please don''t throw anything at me, but I have to confess: The Birkin confuses me.

I''ve never seen one in person (which could be the problem I guess), but I have seen pictures online and . . . well . . . meh. It seems very bulky and very plain, although it does seem to come in a nice array of colors. But I just don''t understand what is so special about this bag, to the point where Hermes can justify charging five figures for one and putting you on a wait list for months or even years??? I don''t get it.
33.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/15/2009 11:12:47 PM
Author: Irishgrrrl
OK, please don't throw anything at me, but I have to confess: The Birkin confuses me.

I've never seen one in person (which could be the problem I guess), but I have seen pictures online and . . . well . . . meh. It seems very bulky and very plain, although it does seem to come in a nice array of colors. But I just don't understand what is so special about this bag, to the point where Hermes can justify charging five figures for one and putting you on a wait list for months or even years??? I don't get it.
33.gif
It is like with anything - desirability and scarcity Em with the Birkin, they are a huge status symbol - I much prefer the Kelly so I see where you are coming from, a Birkin doesn't do much for me either. They are hand made in Paris by Hermes artisans, only the best leathers or skins are used, it takes a craftsperson around 18 hours to make a Kelly or a Birkin. Some ladies can place an order for a Birkin or Kelly made to their specifications - you can choose your colour, skin, size, hardware etc. Once the order is in as Hermes are so busy and depending on the rarity of the skin or colour combination etc you want, it can take a few months or even years for the order to be fulfilled.

Once you have your bag, although the quality is and should be top notch, you can always send it back to Hermes for repair or refurbishing. Some repairs such as restitching or polishing/ cleaning can be done in store, more complicated repairs often mean the bag needs to go to Paris. The cost of repairs isn't terribly expensive depending on what you want done of course!

Properly treated and cared for, these bags can last a lifetime and beyond, Mothers often pass the bags down to daughters so although the cost may be high to acquire one, once you have a Birkin or Kelly it will last for many years if looked after and also never date.

This video shows the making of the bags from Hermes Paris workshop.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oTtvhqA-KM

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/18/2009 6:45:09 AM
Author: Lorelei

Date: 9/15/2009 11:12:47 PM
Author: Irishgrrrl
OK, please don''t throw anything at me, but I have to confess: The Birkin confuses me.

I''ve never seen one in person (which could be the problem I guess), but I have seen pictures online and . . . well . . . meh. It seems very bulky and very plain, although it does seem to come in a nice array of colors. But I just don''t understand what is so special about this bag, to the point where Hermes can justify charging five figures for one and putting you on a wait list for months or even years??? I don''t get it.
33.gif
It is like with anything - desirability and scarcity Em with the Birkin, they are a huge status symbol - I much prefer the Kelly so I see where you are coming from, a Birkin doesn''t do much for me either. They are hand made in Paris by Hermes artisans, only the best leathers or skins are used, it takes a craftsperson around 18 hours to make a Kelly or a Birkin. Some ladies can place an order for a Birkin or Kelly made to their specifications - you can choose your colour, skin, size, hardware etc. Once the order is in as Hermes are so busy and depending on the rarity of the skin or colour combination etc you want, it can take a few months or even years for the order to be fulfilled.

Once you have your bag, although the quality is and should be top notch, you can always send it back to Hermes for repair or refurbishing. Some repairs such as restitching or polishing/ cleaning can be done in store, more complicated repairs often mean the bag needs to go to Paris. The cost of repairs isn''t terribly expensive depending on what you want done of course!

Properly treated and cared for, these bags can last a lifetime and beyond, Mothers often pass the bags down to daughters so although the cost may be high to acquire one, once you have a Birkin or Kelly it will last for many years if looked after and also never date.

This video shows the making of the bags from Hermes Paris workshop.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oTtvhqA-KM
Lorelei, thanks for all the info! I figured Hermes must use the absolute best materials, and I had heard that only one craftsperson works on each bag. The video of them making the bag was pretty interesting . . . I think I''d love that job!
9.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Most welcome my dear! How is wee Tucker?

Black Jade

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, the completely handmade by craftspersons aspect of Hermes bags is why people want them.
It''s very unusual nowadays--other companies like LV which used to do this now are are made in factories in Asia on the cheap.
If I ever get big bucks to spend on a handbag, I want a Kelly--brown croc would be my dream.
So far as luxury items there are several things I'' always wanted to have--
two carat tw diamond stud earrings
very nice Akoya pearl necklace with a monogrammed clasp
Kelly handbag
full length mink coat

Two down, two to go.
Won''t DIE if I never get these things and wouldn''t give up anything important for them (retirement account, kids''education)--just something to fantasize about on occasion

Oh--I''d also LOVE a pair of custom made leather shoes that fit me perfectly some day. I know exactly the style, too.
Taupe, low heeled pumps, very plain. all the things on the list, I''d like as plain and subdued as possible, so that they really do stay in style forever.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/18/2009 1:52:09 PM
Author: Black Jade
If I ever get big bucks to spend on a handbag, I want a Kelly--brown croc would be my dream.
I don''t think you could make a better choice!
30.gif

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/18/2009 1:27:16 PM
Author: Lorelei
Most welcome my dear! How is wee Tucker?
Spoiled rotten and loving every minute of it! LOL!
9.gif

Yesterday, he finally worked up enough courage to go down the stairs all by himself! Of course, I was out teaching a riding lesson, so I missed it. Dave saw it though, and he texted me to let me know! When I got home, I got to see for myself . . . now that he knows he can go down the stairs all by himself, he''s constantly up and down the stairs!
20.gif

We have our first "well baby visit" at the vet''s office tonight!
1.gif

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
At the moment im desperately coveting a longchamp bag - the Gatsby
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
im so in love with it it makes me sick. I think it''ll be around for awhile though so next year maybe
31.gif

http://www.longchamp.com/en/home-e-shopping-417.html

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results