shape
carat
color
clarity

Your diamond''s personality

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
I swear my sparkly is like my baby. It behaves well most of the time, I worry about it's wellbeing, I clean it lovingly and place it in it's little bed when I'm not wearing it. It's a rewarding relationship, my diamond is full of personality. It's white at home under normal lamp lighting. Then I go to get something out of the fridge, or into the laundry room, and BAM! It's a little fireball! Then there's the sunny days (mostly in my imagination - I live in Ireland
2.gif
) where it's different from every angle - white, white with sparkles, dark with flashes of fire...Then there are those grey, cloudy, rainy days (most days...see above) where little Sparkles enters a rather gloomy mood and is greyish white with some hopeful flashes. There's the times when it's huge and weighing my finger down, and the times where I think an extra carat or two is totally reasonable. No two days are the same
2.gif
and I big puffy heart little Sparkles.

How is life with your precious?!?

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/11/2009 3:06:41 PM
Author:Porridge
Your diamond's personality

How is life with your precious?!?
Hmm, well, it sparkles, I love the way it completes the setting, and I love to wear it!

I suppose I've never thought about it beyond that
1.gif

tlh

Ideal_Rock
I love mine at work. I have that jewelry store bling lighting, and it just sparkles like mad. I clean it often so it will sparkle more. As far as personality goes... I guess it just likes to be out of the house... it doesn''t sparkle like this at home.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Tlh, agreed! My diamond sparkles way more at work than at home, and we just have normal icky office lighting!

My diamond has a definite color change sometimes: it can be icy white, but in certain lighting can turn a warm yellow. Yum.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Every diamond has its own personality and moods. My 2 radiants are the most cheerful ones in the collection. My rectangular emerald cut is the moodiest one I have. Some days, it''s very sullen. I keep threatening to trade it in for a Novo, but it doesn''t listen to me.

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
My beloved cushion loves to go for a walk around the block (bright and brilliant) or out to dinner (fiery disco ball). Plenty of sparkles and fire at home, too, but in the evening it does seem to pick up color from our beige walls and/or our lights. Note to self: when apartment gets renovated (hopefully soon!), paint walls white. Our apartment building elevator has a gold ceiling, so in there it turns into a proper fancy yellow diamond.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love mine. It''s sparkly and classic and I think that it sparkles like crazy in the car and in the gym, like it''s shouting out.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Hmmm...can I take some creative liberties with my answer? I fell in love with ECs because they''re uncomplicated - even when they''re putting off fire or behaving very sparkly, the linear cut is still visible and apparent. I think of my diamond as being pretty consistent. In terms of performance, she''s most "outspoken" in bright daylight, but quietly commanding in low light - her sparkle is at first demure, but can be quite disarming when she catches the light.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Today is a typical New England day: cool, cloudy, mist in the air--the kind of day that makes you want to don wool socks and curl up in a blanket with a hot cup of tea. These are my kind of days and I will take them over bright, sunny days anytime. It doesn''t surprise me that I chose a step-cut stone that fits this mood. I prefer to stare at my diamond on days like this when I can appreciate the simple lines and white light without any distraction.

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Interesting about those step cuts! Might have been a good choice for me here in grey Ireland. But I would miss the flashes of fire I think. Can I have both??
31.gif

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
My stone seems to twinkle at me, no matter the light! Sometimes, like in a dim, diffused light setting, it''s all flashes of color... In sunlight, it''s FIRE!!!! And in most other lighting situations, it''s icy white sparkles. One of my students asked me if I had "glitter in my ring" because it sparkled so much!!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results