shape
carat
color
clarity

Your Bouquet...AFTER the wedding?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
are you doing, or hav you done anything w/ your brial bouquet after the wedding?

wiil/Did you toss it?
will/did you dry it out on your own?
will/did you freeze dry it?
other???

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I will put it in a vase for a few days, and then toss it. I guess I''m just not that sentimental about flowers and I honestly don''t know where I would even put it!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I had no clue what to do with it... we were leaving on our honeymoon that night and I didn't exactly want to take it with me.

I ended up giving it to the flower girls to play with on the road trip they departed on the day after the wedding. Don't really know what ended up happening to it after that point!

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
im considering having mine freeze dried so i can put it on a shelf with a picture from the wedding or something like that, but i dont know for sure if ill do that

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
I ended up wearing mine in bits for the rest of the honeymoon. We got married on Maui, and everyone has a flower behind their ear. My boquet was made of different colored and sized orchids, so the smaller ones found themselves tucked behind my ear for the rest of the week. The rest was tossed.
1.gif

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
I just let mine dry. Standing in one of those tall vases. It doesn''t look super pretty, but I''m glad I still have it.

Would I pay money to have it preserved in some way? No. But it was really easy to dry it and now it is in my den.

galvana

Brilliant_Rock
my MOH got married about 5 yrs ago. her mom had her bouquet made into a wreath which is now on their living room wall.
i plan to do the same thing.

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
My florist will give me a free bouquet to throw at the reception, so I will get to keep mine. I am not sure how yet, but I would like to preserve it or some part of it in some way.

LilyOfTheValley

Shiny_Rock
I''m going to freeze dry that sucker.

Then again...I might just take a few nice pictures of the bouquet and frame the best one.

Yeah...I''ll probably go with the 2nd idea.

NovemberBride

Brilliant_Rock
My mom had mine freeze dried while I was away on my honeymoon and framed. Would I have paid for it - probably not. I haven''t even seen it yet since it''s at my parents, but I''ll be happy to post and let you know how it turns out when I see it.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have no idea what happened to mine. I''m guessing one of my family members took it home and enjoyed it!

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/11/2009 2:45:38 PM
Author: iloveprincesscuts
my MOH got married about 5 yrs ago. her mom had her bouquet made into a wreath which is now on their living room wall.
ooh, this is a great idea! love wreaths and this is a great way to still have the flowers around :)

galvana

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/11/2009 3:13:07 PM
Author: mintve

ooh, this is a great idea! love wreaths and this is a great way to still have the flowers around :)
I agree, everytime i go to visit her its SO SO pretty on her living room wall and i think its the coolest thing that its her bridal bouquet. right there.

Cleopatra

Brilliant_Rock
A friend of mine had an artist paint her bouquet onto a canvas - it''s very pretty and a neat concept - the artist took apart the bouquet while it was still "fresh" - and painted the petals and flowers onto a canvas in a way that looked abstractly like her bouquet - it was a neat idea and looked very pretty...

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/11/2009 3:14:58 PM

Date: 3/11/2009 3:13:07 PM
Author: mintve

I agree, everytime i go to visit her its SO SO pretty on her living room wall and i think its the coolest thing that its her bridal bouquet. right there.
do you know what company her mom used?

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Wow ladies such cool ideas! I love the wreath idea, and the candle company idea (those look so awesome - they never melt away!)... and FI''s mom paints a lot, so maybe she could paint it? Such great ideas!!

galvana

Brilliant_Rock
i just emailed her to find out, i also called my florist and he said i could hang them upside down to dry and then after 2-3 weeks bring him the bouquet and he will make it into a wreath.
about $100 or so
He then said another option is to send them out right away and have them freeze dried into a wreath but this would be much more expensive, about $300 or $400

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
My mother is a whiz at drying flowers. She took my cousin''s bouquet from her winter wedding and did something really neat with it! She took it apart and dried all of the pine needle springs and white roses and callas separately. After it was all dried, she retouched the whites with floral paint since they yellowed a bit and then rearranged the flowers and ribbon in a bouquet shape again around a foam piece. She took the bouquet ball and sealed it inside a glass apothecary jar, then decorated the jar witha tasselled rope. It looks SO cool. Makes a beautiful centerpiece in the winter when it''s on display. This might be a neat way to use the jars used in candy buffets!

galvana

Brilliant_Rock
http://www.holmesshusas.com/preservation.htm
OK here you go ladies, this is the place where my MOH did her bouquet and this is where i am going to do mine.
They said to midst the bouquet and put it plastic bag right away and refrigerate - then bring to them within 48 hrs.
They will make into wreath for $149. woooooooooohooooooooooooooo
Im sure you can find a local florist to do the same for you!

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
I would have liked to have mine preserved, but we ran out of money at the end there. I don''t remember what actually happened to it (maybe I gave it to my MOH?) But I did go out and buy nice silk flowers that were very similar to my bouquet to keep in the vase of river rocks we had guests sign instead of a guestbook.

E B

Ideal_Rock
I tossed it! The girl who caught it took it home, as far as I know. I wouldn''t have known what to do with it- we left on our honeymoon the morning after.

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
I can always count on ps ladies for unexpected wonderful ideas! I''m so going to do the candle.

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/11/2009 1:39:29 PM
Author: october2008bride
I just let mine dry. Standing in one of those tall vases. It doesn''t look super pretty, but I''m glad I still have it.

Would I pay money to have it preserved in some way? No. But it was really easy to dry it and now it is in my den.
My mom did the same with hers 26 years ago and I loved looking at it when I was a kid. It still looks surprisingly good actually. So I also let my bouquet dry and put it in a big box. It''s somewhere around the house, not sure exactly where, but I''m glad I kept it.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s a cat toy now. Thanks for asking.

Yes it makes a mess. Yes, I''m planning on throwing it out. But they are still mad at me for the Christmas tree going away and I''m just gonna have to wait this one out. Else they will rebel. I know it.... (lol).

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Not sure yet, I will probably just leave them to dry at my Mum''s house?

hazel_eyes

Shiny_Rock
I left my bouquet in my airing cupboard when I went on honeymoon and when I came back I put it on my nana''s grave as she died 3 weeks before my wedding, so I really wanted to do that. It worked out great.

LilyOfTheValley

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/12/2009 7:18:29 AM
Author: hazel_eyes
I left my bouquet in my airing cupboard when I went on honeymoon and when I came back I put it on my nana''s grave as she died 3 weeks before my wedding, so I really wanted to do that. It worked out great.

That is so so sweet and so sad.
39.gif
I always have a soft spot for grandmas because I miss mine so much! (They both passed away about 10-12 years ago).
7.gif

rockin11

Shiny_Rock
We got married off and then were moving out of the country after the honeymoon(going straight to our new home) so I left mine at the hotel. We will celebrate our 4th Anniversary this year in May! We normally go by the traditional suggested gifts per year..4th year is flowers. I am in need of art in a particular place in my house so my friend who is an interior designer suggested I do something to incorporate my bridal bouquet. We are either going to do something with photos or have a local artist do a fun abstract or something. I will let you know what we decide. **have any other suggestions?
All of the ideas listed are so fun! I think I would have done the candle

ETA:I have lots of pics of my bouquet and the colors in it really go with other art and accessories we already have in the house.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results