shape
carat
color
clarity

You ladies are going to laugh at me!

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
So, even though I know you all with laugh at me for this, I just have to post it.

For the past week, BF has been working later than usual. He has been really sweet and super loving recently too. So, even though I know we don't have the money right now, I concocted this crazy story that maybe he does have the money and that he has been working on my ring with the cover of "working late". I know, can you tell I'm desperately waiting for him to finally pop the question? Anyways, so last night he calls me and asks me when I'm coming over? I tell him that I'm already on my way and he ends the call by telling me to hurry up and that he can't wait to see me. I didn't think too much of it at the time. But, like I said, I keep thinking he is up to something and so I'm always holding out hope.

When I got there, I walked in and noticed he had something hidden with a towel up on on his bookshelf. I asked him what it was and he replied "I don't know just look at it". As I walk up to it, I saw that one thing was sticking out. It was a toy and it said "Bling Rings" on it. My heart literally skipped a beat and I got this HUGE grin on my face. I truly thought that I was going to pull it down and that when I turned around he would be proposing to me with a toy ring (since we are buying the ring after the proposal). I mean I literally saw that and said in my head "This is finally it!". Then I pulled the towel back.......AND.......my heart returned to normal pace because I realized he had made an Easter basket for his 7 year old niece who is staying the weekend with him! That was just one of the toys he bought for her. :lol: :lol:

As soon as I realized it, I laughed at myself...a lot. I think I have proposals and engagements on my mind a little too much for such a little thing to make me think he's proposing! :lol:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Actually, I can't really blame you for thinking the way you did. I probably would have thought a proposal was coming under those circumstances as well.

I don't want to be too hard on the guy, but maybe he could have thought that through a little better? Especially knowing there was something labeled ring bling in it?

Sorry, I don't want to add fuel to the fire, you handled your disappointment very well and I guess guys just don't think about things like this. Sorry you had your hopes raised and I hope your proposal is coming soon!

gummy-bear

Shiny_Rock
Awwww Mayflowers, can't laugh at you since I completely understand. You handled it very well, I'm not sure what I would've done. Hope the next time he surprises you, you're not disappointed :).

wwmd8118

Shiny_Rock
I agree, I am so impressed that you handled this the way you did! I would have been so disappointed and probably started crying. :(sad So, your BF is a lucky man that you have such a good head on your shoulders and could laugh at the situation. :appl:

Hospatogi

Brilliant_Rock
Your boyfriend seems like a sweet guy especially for making an easter basket for his niece ! And who knows maybe it wont be too long before you really do have some ring bling of your own :)

lisalikessparkles

Rough_Rock
Oh my goodness ! Lady you handled yourself SO WELL!! hahaha!!

I'd have cried for sure!!
Xx

shihtzulover

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, I don't blame you one bit for thinking that. Honestly, I would have lost it if I had been in your shoes - I probably wouldn't have been able to hold back my tears, not to mention a little bit of anger.

It is sweet that he made an Easter Basket for his niece - maybe he was just being a little bit clueless. Guys can be a bit dense sometimes, especially when it comes to stuff like this. :rolleyes:

Anyway, here's hoping that the real proposal is coming soon, and that you will soon be off the list! :)) Do you know what type of ring you want? Have you two gone looking yet?

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
Yes he was definitely a little dense about the whole thing. I'm glad I didn't have a meltdown because of it and that I just laughed it off.

Shihtzu, we have gone to look at rings two times. He knows what I like, plain shank, round solitaire, with an interesting profile view. However, we decided to purchase it together because he knows how ridiculously picky I am (specifically about jewelry). I am actually glad that he is willing to let me pick it out with him because we are going to go with a local jeweler. So I want to make sure the diamond is just perfect since we won't be getting a branded diamond like an ACA. Plus, I just have a ball going jewelry shopping and he knows that!

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
I can't laugh at you either. And you REALLY handled it well, because I probably would have burst into tears (after walking away, of course).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results