shape
carat
color
clarity

You know you're obsessed when....

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
you re-wind a FB video of an amazing strawberry shortcake recipe because you thought you saw a LOVE bracelet/cuff. Yeah, totally just did this! It was a cuff, and I'm pretty sure she's wearing the love ring too, as she makes the biscuit dough.......for the strawberry shortcake......by hand....:shock:

So, what's something crazy you've done that'd qualify you as obsessed.....btw, posting here 'cause I know you all would understand. :lol:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Watching an old black and white movie just to see the jewelry......
Trying to identify the watch on Martha Stewart's wrist as she kneads dough........
Sneaking looks at a diamond ring at the next table in a restaurant........
Surfing jewelry on Ebay at 5 AM before getting ready for work in the morning.......
Stopping total strangers to compliment them on their ring/necklace/bracelet...........
Etc, etc

Last edited:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do this ALL the time :lol: I also zoom in on pictures when I'm browsing on the iPad, just to check out hands & necklines on innocent, un-jewellery related pictures. If it catches my eye, it's worth a zoom!

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have done this as well...or go back through a magazine to look to see if I missed any pictures of bling

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought the Great Gatsby on DVD just so I could look at the jewels again.... and I sit up late watching The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills and my husband says why do you watch that s@#t and so I say I'm totally checking out their jewellery, that pink sapphire or whatever it is ring with diamond halo that Lisa Vanderpump wears....

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
All perfectly normal behaviour. :mrgreen2:

Just like altering your path in a grocery store once you've noticed a bright diamond ring on another shopper's hand; hoping to spot the ring takes priority over getting the groceries.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
All perfectly normal behaviour. :mrgreen2:

Just like altering your path in a grocery store once you've noticed a bright diamond ring on another shopper's hand; hoping to spot the ring takes priority over getting the groceries.
YES! I have done this too!
I recently *ran* after a woman in the grocery store who was wearing the most beautiful strand of large flameball pearls! A very unusual sighting in my part of the world!
When I caught up with her, we had a nice discussion about jewelry.

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
YES! I have done this too!
I recently *ran* after a woman in the grocery store who was wearing the most beautiful strand of large flameball pearls! A very unusual sighting in my part of the world!
When I caught up with her, we had a nice discussion about jewelry.

Well, of course, you did!
As long as you don't tackle the person and grab their hand to see the ring/watch or grab the necklace for a closer look.

elizabethess

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I made my husband rewind the Olympics (we watch on demand) to confirm that, yes, I *did* spy a Cartier Love bracelet (Maybe in rose gold? Hard for me to tell for sure.) on Adam Rippon when he was skating :D

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
When watching celebrity chefs on the Food Network, I can't concentrate on the food they're making, I can only think about all the flour, shortening etc getting onto their giant rocks....Paula Dean, Tricia Yearwood, Nancy Fuller....I'm talking to you!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just watched an episode of Real Housewives of Beverly Hill. I must of hit the pause button 15 times to get a better look at the rings they were wearing. I’m pathetic!

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Too funny!!! Love all these examples! I'll be honest, the FB video was my first with pausing/rewinding to search for sparklies. I have complimented others on their jewelry when I've noticed it, like an older lady who was in front at the grocery store.

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I just watched an episode of Real Housewives of Beverly Hill. I must of hit the pause button 15 times to get a better look at the rings they were wearing. I’m pathetic!
If you like real housewives of Beverley hills for the bling, try Real housewives of nyc for Bethenny Frankel’s amazing jewellery Collection and real housewives of Sydney for Victoria Rees and Chrissie Marsh’s amazing diamond riviera necklaces!
If you are pathetic then what am I!?!???! :lol:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you like real housewives of Beverley hills for the bling, try Real housewives of nyc for Bethenny Frankel’s amazing jewellery Collection and real housewives of Sydney for Victoria Rees and Chrissie Marsh’s amazing diamond riviera necklaces!
If you are pathetic then what am I!?!???! :lol:

OMG yes to RHOBH and RHONY and all the real housewives shows! Thank you for the top re the Sydney RH because I have not checked that show out. Honestly at this point it is really the only reason I occasionally watch any of the RH shows. Because most of the women on these shows have become (IMO) so unlikable I would have stopped watching long ago if not for the bling (and the clothes-I love the clothes). OTT but fun to check out the bling and clothes and homes. I love the homes though they are not to my taste generally. Especially the NJ homes. OMG taste is personal true.
And yeah Teddy (BH) is low key and low maintenance. Not. I mean compared to the rest of them OK but really? Anyone who does all that to maintain her appearance is not low maintenance. #seriously

Yes I am bling obsessed and check out women's bling at the grocery stores, in the streets and even on the subway. You would be surprised how much bling is out in the open on the subways. (I keep Bea under wraps if at all possible and always turned around on the subway).

Love seeing beautiful bling and all I can say is BLING it on...
1899429ix0yflafza.gif

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
EFFABDC1-06FC-418E-83F7-006AB3F092D9.jpeg This episode of Sydney was pretty awful. Can you imagine getting into a fight with someone and then boasting about the size of your rock?!

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There's a woman in my wider team at work (different office) who has a very bright, nicely cut solitaire, about 1.5cts (big for NZ and social circle). EVERY time I talk to her, I cannot stop staring at her ring and I am sure she's clocked that my eyes follow her hand around like they're glued to it :lol-2:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I admit that I am powerless over diamond rings on ANY show, movie and in real life. I have done all the above.. I love it!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My most shameless effort was following and sitting down near a woman at a domestic airport wearing a I'd estimate between 8.00 and 12 carat Emerald diamond ring she was dripping in several diamond bands, diamond bracelets and a huge diamond riviera necklace. I confess I sat across from her for 20 mins just so I could ogle her bling. I don't look threatening at all so hopefully she didn't think I was sizing her up to rob her....

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @Tekate! Admitting your powerlessness is the first step!:lol:

:whistle:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was once seated on an airplane next to a well dressed elderly lady sporting a large pear, about 6+ carats.
She kept moving her hand, first I got a good look, then I couldn't see it, then she flashed it again...like she was teasing me.
Just before landing, I finally complimented her, hoping we would talk about it and she would give some stats.
But no, she just said "thank you", and that was it!:confused2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was once seated on an airplane next to a well dressed elderly lady sporting a large pear, about 6+ carats.
She kept moving her hand, first I got a good look, then I couldn't see it, then she flashed it again...like she was teasing me.
Just before landing, I finally complimented her, hoping we would talk about it and she would give some stats.
But no, she just said "thank you", and that was it!:confused2:

Clearly she is not a PricesScoper. :confused2:

Could you imagine the excitement if 2 PSers ran into each other accidentally and recognized each other from the blingtastic jewels they were wearing? It would be a blissful encounter. :love::appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results