shape
carat
color
clarity

You know you''re a true PS''er when....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Laila: That''s hardcore. Oh how I aspire to be thee!!
36.gif

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When the forums are your computer home page!
34.gif
34.gif
34.gif

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
When you switch eye doctors after seeing that your first doctor has a huge, cloudy, included princess solitaire.
How can someone with such *obviously* poor vision do a decent exam on me?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/21/2009 3:50:05 PM
Author: Haven
When you switch eye doctors after seeing that your first doctor has a huge, cloudy, included princess solitaire.
How can someone with such *obviously* poor vision do a decent exam on me?
OMG, that''s too funny!!!
31.gif

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When your friends sneak behind your back to buy jewelry at B&Ms and then don''t wear it around you because they don''t want to hear the lecture....

When you get invited to leave jewelry stores because you interject yourself into a conversation between a sales clerk and a gullible customer who doesn''t know the difference between frozen spit & diamonds.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/21/2009 3:30:14 PM
Author: AprilBaby
When the forums are your computer home page!
34.gif
34.gif
34.gif
LOL you ARE a true PSer
9.gif
35.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/21/2009 3:03:43 AM
Author:miraclesrule
Okay, I''ll start.
10.gif

You know you''re a true PS''er when...

You''re informed you are moving to a new office and you obsess over your desk placement in order to produce maximum bling wattage.
9.gif
I''ll expand on that one...

When you''re informed that you are moving to a new office and you obsess over your desk placement to ensure that it hides the endless hours you spend on PS. Yes, I did that. I was having my back to no one!

Also: When you can no longer look at a diamond without thinking, ''I wonder about the STATS...''

*When you drive the salesperson crazy using PS terminology and not only do they NOT understand, but they give you that nasty, ''I know more than you'' look!
11.gif

*When people want to talk diamonds with you until they realize you mean business! It''s amazing how fast people lose interest - I just don''t get it
33.gif
20.gif

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
When you decide how much you like your new apartment building based on the amount your diamonds sparkle under the elevator lights.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
you pick a restaurant based on its lighting.

you look up at the restaurant's lighting while picking a table.

you carry isopropyl alcohol, a tooth brush and Q-Tips IN YOUR CAR.

you MUST clean your diamond before you leave the house.

you clean your diamond 10-minutes before leaving the house so your SO doesn't have to wait for you to clean it
29.gif
at the last minute.

you won't clean your diamond until after you change your shirt so no lint will get on it from pulling a shirt over your head.

your shopping cart runs into the ankles of people in front of you at Costco.

you hold your ring finger to point at what you are reading so you can cop a glimpse of your bling in that lighting.

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/21/2009 5:59:49 PM
Author: Lilac
When you decide how much you like your new apartment building based on the amount your diamonds sparkle under the elevator lights.

For me it isn''t my apartment, but how much I favor certain bars, restaurants, stores, and basically any other location with lighting. I swear when we get a house of our own, we''re going to have to install numerous led spotlights SOMEWHERE.

LGK

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/21/2009 6:07:40 PM
Author: kenny
you pick a restaurant based on its lighting.

you look up at the restaurant''s lighting while picking a table.

you carry isopropyl alcohol, a tooth brush and Q-Tips IN YOUR CAR.

you MUST clean your diamond before you leave the house.

you clean your diamond 10-minutes before leaving the house so your SO doesn''t have to wait for you to clean it
29.gif
at the last minute.

you won''t clean your diamond until after you change so no lint will get on it from pulling a shirt over your head.

your shopping cart runs into the ankles of people in front of you at Costco.

you hold your ring finger to point at what you are reading so you can cop a glimpse of your bling in that lighting.
So done those.

My husband has been doing Home Depot trips multiple times a day lately and I''ve been having fun going with him- not to contemplate tile, but to enjoy their lighting!

I have extra jewelry cleaning equipment at work
9.gif
so I can clean my ring to my heart''s content.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG these are great!

I must confess to doing more of these things than I''d like to admit
37.gif

wsu12

Brilliant_Rock
..when your husband has coined a new term for your behavior ..."K, STOP PSing..".

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
These are so funny, we should make a t-shirt.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/21/2009 7:50:00 PM
I''ll be the first to go into your former dentist''s office with my t-shirt on.
31.gif
Hahahaha, that was too funny.

HVVS

Brilliant_Rock
When you skulk the pawn shops and whip out a 20x loupe and an Idealscope to look at their rings.

When you have had at least one surplus small diamond made into a pendant.

When you go to a diamond remount event, don't bother to look at the loose diamonds, check prices on gold mountings, and leave, thinking "Ripoff. I could get a platinum Vatche' for one third that price."

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
When you phone up the Customs office the minute you see your package has arrived, to push them to do your import paperwork faster as I need my ring Yesterday buddy!
When the guy asks what's in the package that's so important - you tell him it's your engagement ring and your engagement party is scheduled for two days from now...all the family are coming, etc
9.gif

It's not, it's a RHR, and I don't have any party scheduled. But at least it made them work quicker right? mua ha ha
11.gif
41.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
and...

When you''ve actually been booted out of a local store because the owner thought you were telling porkies on both
a)how much you paid for your GOG H&A RB
b)that it was a K colour

I think his words were "I travel to NY all the time and I know what diamonds really cost, we couldn''t even purchase that diamond for that price!".
Then he got really angry...
9.gif

Oh, and when you email to notify them of your disappointment in their "service", he replies with a threat to report you and your vendor to the Government, because at that price you both must be running a scam and not paying GST or import tax, LOL!
(seriously, he did do this!).

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/21/2009 5:59:49 PM
Author: Lilac
Or when you take the elevator at work, even though you are only going DOWN one floor, just so you can admire your diamond in the lights...and then get annoyed when someone else gets on the elevator with you, because it means you have to be surreptitious about looking at your hand.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
the first thing you do after you turn on your computer is go straight to pricescope to see whats happening
37.gif

HVVS

Brilliant_Rock
When you find yourself becoming impatient because the new ring threads in Show Me the Ring forum have been only slowly trickling in.

When you stay to watch the fireworks whenever you see 60/60 diamond and Harry Winston mentioned in the same post. ;-) (Nothing mean meant, DBL!)

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
When you can recognize several PSers erings on Leon''s websight.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/21/2009 10:49:29 PM
Author: D&T
the first thing you do after you turn on your computer is go straight to pricescope to see whats happening
37.gif
I know!!! I do that too!! And check my emails afterwards... So bad...
3.gif

livinginsg

Shiny_Rock
you time your jewelry''s cleaning schedule just a day or two before important social events! Maximum bling guaranteed!

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
when your monitor dies so when you call your boyfriend every night until you buy a new one and he checks your email for you and then reads the titles of threads for you, reads the ones that you are really interested in, and then reads that day''s small talk posts...

and for some odd reason he still decides to propose to you, with a ring he got after doing research on PS
5.gif

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/21/2009 8:02:27 PM
Author: miraclesrule

Date: 11/21/2009 7:50:00 PM
I''ll be the first to go into your former dentist''s office with my t-shirt on.
31.gif
Hahahaha, that was too funny.
A tee shirt that states"friends dont let friends wear frozen spit!"
Im also guilty of going right to the forums first thing!

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 11/22/2009 12:50:02 AM
Author: Kaleigh

Date: 11/21/2009 10:49:29 PM
Author: D&T
37.gif
I know!!! I do that too!! And check my emails afterwards... So bad...
3.gif
I thought this was normal...

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/21/2009 11:37:12 AM
Author: bebe
You cringe when someone says they are going ER shopping, you quickly give them the address to PS !!

I just did this a few weeks ago.

I have done this at least three times since August! I truly hope they took my advice!!

soocool

Ideal_Rock
When you can purposely blind annoying people with the amazing flashes of light emanating from your bling.

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
When you want and offer to clean all of your friends rings as long as they let you take pictures of it afterwards.

When you''re tempted to ask coworkers and acquaintance to take pictures of their beautiful rings but is kinda worried they''d think you may be a bit loco...loco for diamonds anyways!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results